be10dwn

Re: College Football
« Reply #830 on: November 14, 2005, 10:28:54 AM »
carolina is pretty known for its tailgate parties

bama

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 14, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
jesus christ, the other SC wins a few games and the fan base loses their minds.  Really now, what *good* teams have "little" USC beaten?  Florida sucks, Tennessee sucks.  The decent teams they have played have beaten their asses.  Did you guys see the Auburn or Alabama games?  Both teams beat the piss out of mighty USC.  The SEC East is WAY down this year (in truth the entire SEC is), and USC benefted from that.  The pecking order in the SEC East will almost always start with Tenn/UGA/Fla, in any order.  YOu guys better accept that 4th place is ok, especially at  a tradition deficit institution such as yours.

Roll Tide

« Reply #832 on: November 14, 2005, 10:57:13 AM »
jesus christ, the other SC wins a few games and the fan base loses their minds.  Really now, what *good* teams have "little" USC beaten?  Florida sucks, Tennessee sucks.  The decent teams they have played have beaten their asses.  Did you guys see the Auburn or Alabama games?  Both teams beat the piss out of mighty USC.  The SEC East is WAY down this year (in truth the entire SEC is), and USC benefted from that.  The pecking order in the SEC East will almost always start with Tenn/UGA/Fla, in any order.  YOu guys better accept that 4th place is ok, especially at  a tradition deficit institution such as yours.

Roll Tide

Yawn.

Yeah, I saw both of those games.  The gist is that South Carolina is making a turnaround.  We'll see what the score with the 'Bama/USC and Auburn/USC games are like in the years to come.

« Reply #833 on: November 14, 2005, 10:58:35 AM »
I think that means you've never been to one of our games...

It may also be that you've never been to one of ours.

bama

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 14, 2005, 11:07:36 AM »
USC was very loud leading up to kickoff, not so loud after we drove 80 yards in about 2:00 minutes.  Downright silent by the end of the 1st quarter.  You guys do get loud in pre-game though, kudos.

Roll Tide.

tegra8

« Reply #835 on: November 14, 2005, 12:41:33 PM »
only other teams to stay within 10 of Penn St: Ohio St, Michigan, and Minnesota... Wisconsin couldn't do it

What was the Miami-VaTech score? 27-7... interesting, USF went TO Miami and did the same

And when a team gets lucky, they win 1, 4, or 8 like USC, winning by 31 and calling off the dogs in the third quarter is not getting lucky. 

And don't get scared, USF has accomplished all this in under 10 years.  How long did it take USC to get to actually being respectable?

Noone is scared, sport.  You talked your crap before the game so I figured I would hand it back to you.  Like I said before, it's pretty fun to watch you get all wound out of shape.

you coming up for the UT game? i'd love to see the look on your face when you realize how much USC really sucks

USF had one lucky game.  Get over your overhyped undergrad.

how come when I make points your only response is "I like seeing you get riled up" or "USF still sucks"? I am not getting riled up, I can make an argument without getting mad, apparently that's a foreign concept to you. And USF is not too bad because the composite rankings put USF JUST behing USC.... http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

and thank god bama is here to further prove my point, the SEC East sucks this year and USC got spanked by the good teams in the west

bama

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 14, 2005, 12:59:29 PM »
Yeah, this is one of the rare years that the SEC West is better than the SEC East.  This was the year to beat up on East teams, next year I don't expect this to be the case.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 14, 2005, 03:52:21 PM »
Yeah, this is one of the rare years that the SEC West is better than the SEC East.  This was the year to beat up on East teams, next year I don't expect this to be the case.

Bama, Auburn and LSU have been on the rise.  UGA has probably lived out its glory.  God only knows what the long-term prognosis for Tennessee and Florida is.  One thing is certain, if any program is slated to dominate the SEC next year, SC isn't it.

SCgrad

« Reply #838 on: November 15, 2005, 12:47:27 AM »
Yeah, I predicted 3 years for an East Title, for at the most.  Next year would be nice though.  I love hearing the traditionalists talk about history.  I'm sure Nebraska will be right back in the national picture next year.  They have more history than any SEC team outside of Bama, and they suck now.  Coaching is the biggest factor in college football.  And Spurrier is one of the best, nobody argues that.

PS  Gamecock tailgating is amazing, especially if you start at 9 AM for a 7:30 PM game... I doubt the Trojans touch it.

tegra8

« Reply #839 on: November 15, 2005, 04:13:16 AM »
The traditional SEC teams have the resources to go get whatever coach they want at any time and considering they are some of the better jobs in all of football, not many people turn them down