Law School Discussion

College Football

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #820 on: November 13, 2005, 07:54:01 PM »
Can someone provide me with ONE good reason for Fulmer's insistence to start Ainge over Clausen at QB?

...Yeah, I didn't think so. :-\

Seriously, what is up with Tennessee this year?  What is Fulmer doing?  I'm soooo disappointed.

At least they won.   :-\

Couldn't tell you.  If they knew, maybe they would win more than 4 games this season.  But, yeah, it's disapointing, especially with that kind of talent!

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 13, 2005, 07:56:37 PM »
Can someone provide me with ONE good reason for Fulmer's insistence to start Ainge over Clausen at QB?

I got a good reason, it doesn't effing matter, they are going to suck either way.

SC as in Southern Cal, im assuming...

how soon you forget that SC absolutely sucked balls just a few years ago...  get in all your cheap shots now, we'll be back

Why?  You got your cheap shots in at the beginning of the season.  Suck it up.  Tennessee SUCKS and South Carolina is proving to be a dominant force in the SEC.

Hey, at least you have USF... ::) :D ::) :D ::) :D

In case you missed the memo, it takes more than one winning season to dominate the SEC.  There are still at least 5 SEC teams who are better than SC (Auburn, LSU, UGA, Florida, Alabama.)  That's hardly domination.

« Reply #822 on: November 13, 2005, 10:14:34 PM »
only other teams to stay within 10 of Penn St: Ohio St, Michigan, and Minnesota... Wisconsin couldn't do it

What was the Miami-VaTech score? 27-7... interesting, USF went TO Miami and did the same

And when a team gets lucky, they win 1, 4, or 8 like USC, winning by 31 and calling off the dogs in the third quarter is not getting lucky. 

And don't get scared, USF has accomplished all this in under 10 years.  How long did it take USC to get to actually being respectable?

Noone is scared, sport.  You talked your crap before the game so I figured I would hand it back to you.  Like I said before, it's pretty fun to watch you get all wound out of shape.

you coming up for the UT game? i'd love to see the look on your face when you realize how much USC really sucks

USF had one lucky game.  Get over your overhyped undergrad.

« Reply #823 on: November 13, 2005, 10:19:50 PM »

I got a good reason, it doesn't effing matter, they are going to suck either way.

how soon you forget that SC absolutely sucked balls just a few years ago...  get in all your cheap shots now, we'll be back

Why?  You got your cheap shots in at the beginning of the season.  Suck it up.  Tennessee SUCKS and South Carolina is proving to be a dominant force in the SEC.

In case you missed the memo, it takes more than one winning season to dominate the SEC.  There are still at least 5 SEC teams who are better than SC (Auburn, LSU, UGA, Florida, Alabama.)  That's hardly domination.

USC has had pretty damn good seasons in the past.  You're from Tampa, right?  You may remember two Outback bowls South Carolina won right there. 

And check out the score from Saturday's game against Florida.  Yeah, and how are they better than USC?  Also, Florida beat UGA just the week before they played USC.  So how is UGA better than South Carolina?  If you had actually watched the UGA/USC game you would know that USC outplayed UGA all over UGA's field and only lost becuase the kicker missed a field goal and an extra point. 

That's OK, though.  It's easy to hate the Gamecocks.  People have been doing it for years.  You can hate them again next year, after Spurrier has had his play in recruiting and molding the team to his preference.  Remember, this is only his FIRST year as head coach.  More, much more to come...

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 13, 2005, 10:49:08 PM »

USC has had pretty damn good seasons in the past.  You're from Tampa, right?  You may remember two Outback bowls South Carolina won right there. 

And check out the score from Saturday's game against Florida.  Yeah, and how are they better than USC?  Also, Florida beat UGA just the week before they played USC.  So how is UGA better than South Carolina?  If you had actually watched the UGA/USC game you would know that USC outplayed UGA all over UGA's field and only lost becuase the kicker missed a field goal and an extra point. 

That's OK, though.  It's easy to hate the Gamecocks.  People have been doing it for years.  You can hate them again next year, after Spurrier has had his play in recruiting and molding the team to his preference.  Remember, this is only his FIRST year as head coach.  More, much more to come...

Just because you lucked out and beat Florida and Florida beat UGA, doesn't make USC a better team than UGA.  Such a conclusion is plainly laughable.  USC had a couple of decent seasons under Holtz, in the early years of his tenure there, but they were by no means dominant.  Even when you had those better seasons, you were the worst team in the SEC east.  So much for dominance there.

Face it buddy, even if TN is having a bad season, it's a team with richer tradition, a winning history (the most decorated team in the SEC east, third in NCAA in all-time bowl appearances, winningest D-I active coach in the nation) than USC has ever dreamed about being.  USC will do fine with Spurrier at the helm, of that there can be no doubt, but it's no Tennessee and it's decades from being an Alabama.

SCgrad

« Reply #825 on: November 13, 2005, 11:38:46 PM »
Did you know UK is in the SEC East?

Also, Spurrier OWNS Fat Phil, always has, always will.

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 14, 2005, 12:28:17 AM »

oh, sorry, only marginally better than the worst team, KY.

fat phil still has a better record.

SCgrad

« Reply #827 on: November 14, 2005, 03:22:55 AM »

oh, sorry, only marginally better than the worst team, KY.

fat phil still has a better record.

Yes this will change soon enough.  South Carolina is much better than UK, not that this is a huge accomplishment.  Don't forget about Vandy, how many times do you want to be wrong?

Also, Spurrier has a better record as an SEC coach (taking out his three years at Duke) even though Florida consistently plays a tougher schedule out of conference and he also has by far a better record in SEC play.  Oh, and did I mention he owns fat Phil?  Cause he does.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 14, 2005, 05:23:25 AM »
FYI, USC = Univ. So. Cal. = Trojans = undefeated = back2back champions = smelling roses =/= So. Car. Game caca

HTH

SCgrad

« Reply #829 on: November 14, 2005, 05:38:26 AM »
FYI, USC = Univ. So. Cal. = Trojans = undefeated = back2back champions = smelling roses =/= So. Car. Game caca

HTH

Yeah, but we're better at tailgating, whadaya think about that?