Law School Discussion

College Football

tegra8

Re: College Football
« Reply #810 on: November 10, 2005, 03:38:48 PM »
Chow has denied the rumors repeatedly, unfortunately, but one can dream...

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 10, 2005, 04:01:46 PM »
Chow has denied the rumors repeatedly, unfortunately, but one can dream...

indeed.  ;D

but hell, i think anyknox county mental patient would do a better job....so these aren't big shoes to fill.

and re: chow, i think the right $ figure may sway his decision.

SCgrad

USC
« Reply #812 on: November 12, 2005, 04:58:51 PM »
And I mean South Carolina.  Put a whoopin on TOBC former team today.  I envision a few years from now when someone says USC is the best team in the country, the other saying "which one?"
Spurrier is the greatest coach in the world.  Comes to Carolina and beats UT at Knox. (first time), Arkansas at Fay. (first time) and UF at home (first time ever!).  Now if Georgia can just lose to Auburn and *cough* Kentucky, we will be SEC east champs.  Go Cocks!

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 12, 2005, 07:35:06 PM »
Can someone provide me with ONE good reason for Fulmer's insistence to start Ainge over Clausen at QB?

...Yeah, I didn't think so. :-\

SCgrad

« Reply #814 on: November 12, 2005, 08:41:22 PM »
Can someone provide me with ONE good reason for Fulmer's insistence to start Ainge over Clausen at QB?

I got a good reason, it doesn't effing matter, they are going to suck either way.

tegra8

« Reply #815 on: November 13, 2005, 06:50:03 AM »

I got a good reason, it doesn't effing matter, they are going to suck either way.

SC as in Southern Cal, im assuming...

how soon you forget that SC absolutely sucked balls just a few years ago...  get in all your cheap shots now, we'll be back

« Reply #816 on: November 13, 2005, 10:16:54 AM »

how soon you forget that SC absolutely sucked balls just a few years ago...  get in all your cheap shots now, we'll be back

Why?  You got your cheap shots in at the beginning of the season.  Suck it up.  Tennessee SUCKS and South Carolina is proving to be a dominant force in the SEC.

Hey, at least you have USF... ::) :D ::) :D ::) :D

tegra8

« Reply #817 on: November 13, 2005, 10:47:11 AM »

Why?  You got your cheap shots in at the beginning of the season.  Suck it up.  Tennessee SUCKS and South Carolina is proving to be a dominant force in the SEC.

dominant? go play some of the SEC West, the SEC East is having a terrible year... oh wait, you did and got smoked

and laugh all you want about USF... they are 5-3 and two of the losses were at Penn St. and at Miami.  If USF wins out they will be in a better bowl than USC

« Reply #818 on: November 13, 2005, 06:06:20 PM »

dominant? go play some of the SEC West, the SEC East is having a terrible year... oh wait, you did and got smoked

and laugh all you want about USF... they are 5-3 and two of the losses were at Penn St. and at Miami.  If USF wins out they will be in a better bowl than USC

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, that sounds impressive...until you look at their schedule:

Sat 9/3           at Penn State   L, 13-23   
Sat 9/10   Florida A&M   W, 37-3   
Sat 9/17   UCF           W, 31-14   
Sat 9/24   Louisville*   W, 45-14   
Sat 10/1   at Miami   L, 27-7   
Sat 10/15   at Pittsburgh*   L, 31-17   
Sat 11/5   at Rutgers *   W, 45-31    
Sat 11/12   at Syracuse*   W, 27-0   
Sat 11/19   Cincinnati*   12 PM   
Sat 11/26   at Connecticut*      
Sat 12/3   West Virginia*

Penn State and Miami are the only two teams on it that are worth mentioning other than Louisville, where they got lucky once.  Once.  You actually still think this dumpster team could defeat South Carolina?  You've been smoking too much of that bluegrass, son.

tegra8

« Reply #819 on: November 13, 2005, 06:41:08 PM »
only other teams to stay within 10 of Penn St: Ohio St, Michigan, and Minnesota... Wisconsin couldn't do it

What was the Miami-VaTech score? 27-7... interesting, USF went TO Miami and did the same

And when a team gets lucky, they win 1, 4, or 8 like USC, winning by 31 and calling off the dogs in the third quarter is not getting lucky. 

And don't get scared, USF has accomplished all this in under 10 years.  How long did it take USC to get to actually being respectable?