Law School Discussion

College Football

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #790 on: November 06, 2005, 02:39:34 PM »
hey troj (I now refuse that 3peat name madness), you may be a football cocky ass sometimes, but all in all, I like ya.

In other news: I'm going in to enemy territory on Tuesday for the USC LS open house.  I'll be the one wearing blue.

;D I like you too

Congrats on the win 3peat! 

I laughed the other day when I read that some ridiculous sports writer (I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it) actually gave Stanford the advantage in that game.  He should be fired.   :D

Thanks, Congrats to you too!  Good luck with the rest of the season.

This offense is scary good.  They scored on thier first 7 possessions.  People cannot honestly believe that anyone is going to beat us this year.  Look at these stats!

Matt Leinart 2771 yds 26 TDs and 116 rating
Reggie Bush 1022 yds 11 TDs and 8.3 yds per carry
Lendal White 913 yds 14 TDs
Dwayne Jarret 964 yds 14 TDs
Steve Smith 822 yds and 4 TDs

Has a team ever had a 3000 yds passer, 2 1000 yd rushers, and 2 1000 yd receivers?

skaiserbrown

Re: !
« Reply #791 on: November 06, 2005, 02:44:28 PM »
hey troj (I now refuse that 3peat name madness), you may be a football cocky ass sometimes, but all in all, I like ya.

In other news: I'm going in to enemy territory on Tuesday for the USC LS open house.  I'll be the one wearing blue.

;D I like you too

Congrats on the win 3peat! 

I laughed the other day when I read that some ridiculous sports writer (I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it) actually gave Stanford the advantage in that game.  He should be fired.   :D

Thanks, Congrats to you too!  Good luck with the rest of the season.

This offense is scary good.  They scored on thier first 7 possessions.  People cannot honestly believe that anyone is going to beat us this year.  Look at these stats!

Matt Leinart 2771 yds 26 TDs and 116 rating
Reggie Bush 1022 yds 11 TDs and 8.3 yds per carry
Lendal White 913 yds 14 TDs
Dwayne Jarret 964 yds 14 TDs
Steve Smith 822 yds and 4 TDs

Has a team ever had a 3000 yds passer, 2 1000 yd rushers, and 2 1000 yd receivers?

you got very lucky against notre dame. if the refs hadn't screwed up and spotted the ball on the 1 after the fumble out of bounds, you'd not have won.

notre dame is NOT the best team in the country. they MIGHT be top 5.

USC isn't the best team in the country, and will get schooled in the championship game.

skaiserbrown

Re: College Football
« Reply #792 on: November 06, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »
WooO!

Hey 3peat, other than just being a fellow badass trojan, you know what I love about you?  You make me feel better about postin at 4 in the freaking morning, since you posted 10 minutes ago.  Yeah to people who work hard AND play hard!!!

BTW, UT and Bama suck, HTH.  ;D  (I'm kidding!!! Really just Bama sucks....) ;D ;D

saving from post bulemia...

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 06, 2005, 02:51:55 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa slow down skaiser brown

If you watch the replay of the game, which I have every night before I go to bed, you will see the ref start to signal a TD, and then realize the ball was fumbled.  If your beef is with the spot, then you havent seen all the angles or have a poor sense of depth because the ball went out at the 1.

But the real problem I have with your take is that you are not giving credit where it is due.  ND and the refs didnt lost that game for ND, USC won that game because they have STONES.

Matt Leinart 3rd and 20 hits Bush for 10.  Then on 4th and 9 he audibles to a fade and hits a one eyed Jarret for 61 yards.  That was friggin MACHO!

Dont blame the refs, credit USC for having ice in their veins and showing why it is the back to back champion.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #794 on: November 06, 2005, 02:56:10 PM »
bullcrap. the angle i saw had the ball pop out and go out of bounds at the 2.

and regardless, even if you win, so what, you BARELY beat a mid top 10 team. you'll get schooled by a real team like texas.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #795 on: November 06, 2005, 02:56:58 PM »
also, leinart was so unimpressive that game.

Reggie Bush was what won that game for the trojans. he was amazing.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 06, 2005, 02:59:23 PM »

and regardless, even if you win, so what, you BARELY beat a mid top 10 team. you'll get schooled by a real team like texas.

Well, you must have had a better look at it than the ref that was 37 inches from the play.

Dont hate on SC, it just makes you look desperate.  If you think USC is going to get "schooled" by anyone, then you dont watch football.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #797 on: November 06, 2005, 03:04:17 PM »
i'm not that impressed with bama. they don't dominate any games.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 06, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »
also, leinart was so unimpressive that game.

Reggie Bush was what won that game for the trojans. he was amazing.

Unimpressive if you only look at the stats.  But if you watched the game you would realize he is a cold hearted assassin that threw a dagger on 4th and 9.

I love Texas, but their schedule hasn't exactly been difficult this year.  If Bama and UT go undefeated, Bama should go to Rose Bowl instead (assuming USC stays undefeated as well).

Although I have a feeling Bama will lose this weekend. Just a hunch.

But I wasn't too impressed with Leinart either in the ND game.  He started to break down mentally.  The whole 4th quarter his head was hanging and he seemed to lose his confidence.  Very disappointing, although it does show character that he pulled it out.

It shows SOME character that he pulled it out?  Throwing that pass and hitting Jarret in stride was f-ing MACHO.

His stats were not his best, but if you cannot be perfect ALL the time Ill settle for being perfect when it counts.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 06, 2005, 03:06:06 PM »
i'm not that impressed with bama. they don't dominate any games.

But you are sucking up UT because they have beaten Ohio State, Texas Tech  and Colorado?