Law School Discussion

College Football

bruin

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #760 on: November 04, 2005, 11:07:26 PM »
There is no WAY UCLA ends USC's plethora of streaks at home, no way, not this year.  SOmeday for sure, but these guys are not going to lose.  Matt Leinart did not stay for his last year to lose to UCLA on the final game of the regular season.

I don't know. I mean, if this were any other UCLA season, we would have lost at least 3 of these comeback games. Unlike typical UCLA teams, they are playing with heart, like they actually believe...

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 04, 2005, 11:09:45 PM »
Read closely, I said "or"

But ND almost beat us in South Bend and ND is so much better than UCLA.  Come the @#!* on.  UCLA was trailing against STANFORD WHO LOST TO UC DAVIS.

How much do you want to bet that USC spanks Stanford by 3 touchdowns minimm?

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 04, 2005, 11:14:19 PM »
I bet nothing.

I'm happy chica is on our side (the jedi side, if you will).  How sad will it be when you guys finially graduate Leinart and then you go 1-9 next year.  jsia

I hear UCLA is playing ND next year, I don't remember that being a team we played in the past.

We are playing them the next 2 seasons. I;m guessing home-and-home.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 04, 2005, 11:15:07 PM »
If UCLA was a better team than USC and had a chance at beating them, i would be the forst to acknowledge that.  Hell, the last thing I want is UCLA fans rubbing my nose in a false prediction.  And everyone knows that I have people just DYING for USC to lose so they can come one here and say See I told you so, USC sucks.  But this year is different and this team is something special.  USC will win that game.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 04, 2005, 11:21:32 PM »
In a universe with a playoff because ND would beat UCLA if the game were played tommorrow.  In our sick and twisted BCS universe, UCLA is better than every other team with a loss... We all agree that isnt true, right?

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 04, 2005, 11:27:09 PM »
In a universe with a playoff because ND would beat UCLA if the game were played tommorrow.  In our sick and twisted BCS universe, UCLA is better than every other team with a loss... We all agree that isnt true, right?

Sure. Because actually WINNING games doesn't matter

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 04, 2005, 11:29:22 PM »
You mean the system that ranked SC #2 for a week?  I like that system.

You liked it for one week then because it had USC #1 for many weeks before that

No, winning does matter. Just a lot less if your close calls are against stanford, washington and washington state.  What would ND do to those teams?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 04, 2005, 11:32:31 PM »
You mean the system that ranked SC #2 for a week?  I like that system.

You liked it for one week then because it had USC #1 for many weeks before that

No, winning does matter. Just a lot less if your close calls are against stanford, washington and washington state.  What would ND do to those teams?

Miami's 2001 championship year saw several close calls, one in particular against BC.  And I think WVa as well.  I don't remember.

But no one disputed that Miami was the best team that year.

That is not analogous and you know it.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 04, 2005, 11:37:39 PM »
we are talking about who is a better team UCLA or ND and who would win.

we are not talking about what rank UCLA would be if it finished undefeated and no one else did.

while it is generally true that on any given saturday any team can win, sometimes teams are not as good as their record appears.

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 04, 2005, 11:38:04 PM »
The best team is not always the team that wins on Saturday afternoon.

however, put enough of those wins together, and...