Law School Discussion

College Football

bruin

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #730 on: November 03, 2005, 11:06:26 PM »
We're a basketball school anyway (forgeting the Steve Lavin era) ;)

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 03, 2005, 11:06:58 PM »
They have beaten Virginia Tech and Auburn recently, and killed OU last year.

As much as I hat eto say anything good about the situation :-\

Thanks Bru  ;D

70 points on Arkansas.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 03, 2005, 11:19:29 PM »
For the record:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9913303/
USC's a dynasty get over it
Deep South fans ridiculous to think their teams could challenge Trojans
Bush   
By JT the Brick
NBCSports.com contributor
Updated: 10:00 p.m. ET Nov. 3, 2005

John Wooden is commonly referred to as the "Wizard of Westwood," so USC coach Pete Carroll should now be called the "Wizard of Watts."

Most fans that call my radio show from the Deep South have no respect for the Pac-10 Conference and believe Southern California would lose several games if they played in the SEC.

Let me remind every fan that doesn't stay up past 10 p.m. on the East coast that if USC had a chance to play Florida this season they would win by 40 points. If they had to go to Alabama and play the Crimson Tide, they would be up by 30 at the half. Imagine the beating that Tennessee would take if the Trojans hosted the Volunteers at the Coliseum.

You get my point. We are witnessing a college dynasty and should applaud Carroll and his staff for looking more like an NFL team than a squad that practices on campus. Reggie Bush is the best college running back since Marshall Faulk, and LenDale White looks like he can run with as much power as Jerome Bettis did at Notre Dame.

This guy is picking on the mediocre teams of the SEC.   But, even that said, to think that USC would take Florida by 40 is ludicrous.  Florida is not top 5 material, doubtful they are even top 10, but there is no team in existence [in college football] that would hand them a 40 point loss, plain and simple.

3peat, I love you to death, but to state this lunatic's opinions as fact is a bit of a stretch, don't ya think?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 03, 2005, 11:30:36 PM »
For the record:

Bush   
By JT the Brick

John Wooden is commonly referred to as the "Wizard of Westwood," so USC coach Pete Carroll should now be called the "Wizard of Watts."

Most fans that call my radio show from the Deep South have no respect for the Pac-10 Conference and believe Southern California would lose several games if they played in the SEC.

Let me remind every fan that doesn't stay up past 10 p.m. on the East coast that if USC had a chance to play Florida this season they would win by 40 points. If they had to go to Alabama and play the Crimson Tide, they would be up by 30 at the half. Imagine the beating that Tennessee would take if the Trojans hosted the Volunteers at the Coliseum.

You get my point. We are witnessing a college dynasty and should applaud Carroll and his staff for looking more like an NFL team than a squad that practices on campus. Reggie Bush is the best college running back since Marshall Faulk, and LenDale White looks like he can run with as much power as Jerome Bettis did at Notre Dame.

This guy is picking on the mediocre teams of the SEC.   But, even that said, to think that USC would take Florida by 40 is ludicrous.  Florida is not top 5 material, doubtful they are even top 10, but there is no team in existence [in college football] that would hand them a 40 point loss, plain and simple.

3peat, I love you to death, but to state this lunatic's opinions as fact is a bit of a stretch, don't ya think?

He may be exagerating, I really dont know because I havent watched enough of Florida, but I am pretty sure USC is capable dropping 40 on UF.  It doesnt seem likely but considering how we touched up OU last year and how this year everyone is older and wiser, it isnt impossible.

PS   This is the only thread that Ruskie and I have ever disagreed and she is the bomb dot com.  :-*, Ruskie

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 03, 2005, 11:38:01 PM »
For the record:

Bush   
By JT the Brick

He may be exagerating, I really dont know because I havent watched enough of Florida, but I am pretty sure USC is capable dropping 40 on UF.  It doesnt seem likely but considering how we touched up OU last year and how this year everyone is older and wiser, it isnt impossible.

PS   This is the only thread that Ruskie and I have ever disagreed and she is the bomb dot com.  :-*, Ruskie

the swamp is not joke though. it's the only venue where the nation's winningest active D-I coach consistently tripped up.

tegra8

« Reply #735 on: November 04, 2005, 06:02:52 AM »
I'm sorry I couldnt read past By: JT the Brick

No team would beat UF by 40, and would be hard pressed to even put up 40 in the swamp
No team would put 30 on Bama by half, the have one of the better D's in the country
And as bad as UT is this year, they still have a good D so the game would be closer than you think

Funny he doesnt mention other "southern" teams that would be much more interesting games: LSU, UGA, hell even Miami

SCgrad

« Reply #736 on: November 04, 2005, 06:07:48 AM »
"God is smiling on the Gamecocks." -Steve Spurrier

be10dwn

« Reply #737 on: November 04, 2005, 06:13:03 AM »
sorry 3, but the REAL UT is gonna whup up on you guys in the championship game.  They have the D to throttle USC ENOUGH, and USC's D is VERY average, they wont be able to stop Vince Young and the UT offense

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 04, 2005, 06:56:50 AM »
I'm sorry I couldnt read past By: JT the Brick

No team would beat UF by 40, and would be hard pressed to even put up 40 in the swamp
No team would put 30 on Bama by half, the have one of the better D's in the country
And as bad as UT is this year, they still have a good D so the game would be closer than you think

Funny he doesnt mention other "southern" teams that would be much more interesting games: LSU, UGA, hell even Miami

No offense, UT would be playing our scrubs by the early part of the third quarter

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 04, 2005, 06:59:04 AM »
sorry 3, but the REAL UT is gonna whup up on you guys in the championship game.  They have the D to throttle USC ENOUGH, and USC's D is VERY average, they wont be able to stop Vince Young and the UT offense

BAFF this quote for January 5th 2006.  USC is not going to get whooped by ANYONE and no one is going to stop their offense this late in the season.