Law School Discussion

College Football

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #720 on: November 03, 2005, 02:55:56 PM »
I have no doubt that UT will be better than they are this year, but I also have no doubt that South Carolina will be also.

Yeah, SC has had a mediocre team for a while now.  That's no surprise.  The real exceptional quality of South Carolina is the fan base.  What other mediocre college football team would have so much support year in and year out, filling a 88,000+ stadium in 1-10 seasons?  Anyone can root for a team that's consistently on top, a real fan is one that consistently pulls for a team that has the ups and downs.

Yeah, Tennessee will be a force to be reckoned with again next year, but so will South Carolina.  Even with this transition season we scared the hell out of Ga, beat Tennessee, and have a very good shot at another bowl.

In fact, the only tough game we have left this year is Florida, unless Arkansas pulls some real magic.

I predict that USC and Tennessee will be pretty much neck-and-neck next year if Tennesee gets their act back together and USC keeps improving.

But Tegra, USF still doesnt have a fart's chance in a hurricane against USC.  ;D.

Oh, and Ruskie...when I say "USC" im stil talking about South Carolina, dim one.  Keep up.

1) If UT gets their act together... USC will not be neck and neck next year, UT will be top 10-15 team and USC MIGHT be top 25, MAYBE

2) USF would smoke USC if it was at USF, USF could beat a lot of top 25 teams if it is at USF.... on the road, they are lucky to stay within 2 TD's of average teams

I wouldn't underestimate Spurrier's recruiting talents.  SC will be good next year, no doubt about that.  If Spurrier was able to do this much with the leftovers he got from Holtz, I would be scared about next year.

« Reply #721 on: November 03, 2005, 04:36:30 PM »

I wouldn't underestimate Spurrier's recruiting talents.  SC will be good next year, no doubt about that.  If Spurrier was able to do this much with the leftovers he got from Holtz, I would be scared about next year.

Precisely. 

1) If UT gets their act together... USC will not be neck and neck next year, UT will be top 10-15 team and USC MIGHT be top 25, MAYBE

2) USF would smoke USC if it was at USF, USF could beat a lot of top 25 teams if it is at USF.... on the road, they are lucky to stay within 2 TD's of average teams

If, if, if...

Face it Tegra, Tennessee lost.  You can speculate all you want, but you're eating crow after this statement:

you coming up for the UT game? i'd love to see the look on your face when you realize how much USC really sucks

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Winding you up is more fun than it should be, sport.

tegra8

« Reply #722 on: November 03, 2005, 04:44:29 PM »
who's getting wound up? I used your exact language about UT getting their act back together

go back read my posts, i acknowledged UT lost and said they suck and even thanked USC for beating us so the coaching changes happened

i still stand by my statement that USC sucks... beating UT this year means nothing

hell i wouldnt be surprised if we lost to Vandy or UK this season

« Reply #723 on: November 03, 2005, 04:49:30 PM »
who's getting wound up? I used your exact language about UT getting their act back together

go back read my posts, i acknowledged UT lost and said they suck and even thanked USC for beating us so the coaching changes happened

i still stand by my statement that USC sucks... beating UT this year means nothing

I already spelled out the rest of your season.  UT will lose badly to ND, beat UK, and lose to Vandy.

tegra8

« Reply #724 on: November 03, 2005, 04:51:51 PM »
anybody watching Pitt-UL?

Pitt 7
UL 7
14:35 remaining in the FIRST quarter

UL scored on opening kickoff on muff by Pitt
Pitt returned next kickoff for TD

« Reply #725 on: November 03, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

UT's loss to the Chippewas was tough.
http://utrockets.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/102905aad.html

But, I don't see Vandy or UK on the schedule.  ???
http://utrockets.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/tol-m-footbl-sched.html

« Reply #726 on: November 03, 2005, 04:59:24 PM »

UT's loss to the Chippewas was tough.
http://utrockets.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/102905aad.html

But, I don't see Vandy or UK on the schedule.  ???
http://utrockets.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/tol-m-footbl-sched.html

:D

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 03, 2005, 11:01:20 PM »
For the record:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9913303/
USC's a dynasty get over it
Deep South fans ridiculous to think their teams could challenge Trojans
Bush   
By JT the Brick
NBCSports.com contributor
Updated: 10:00 p.m. ET Nov. 3, 2005

John Wooden is commonly referred to as the "Wizard of Westwood," so USC coach Pete Carroll should now be called the "Wizard of Watts."

Most fans that call my radio show from the Deep South have no respect for the Pac-10 Conference and believe Southern California would lose several games if they played in the SEC.

Let me remind every fan that doesn't stay up past 10 p.m. on the East coast that if USC had a chance to play Florida this season they would win by 40 points. If they had to go to Alabama and play the Crimson Tide, they would be up by 30 at the half. Imagine the beating that Tennessee would take if the Trojans hosted the Volunteers at the Coliseum.

You get my point. We are witnessing a college dynasty and should applaud Carroll and his staff for looking more like an NFL team than a squad that practices on campus. Reggie Bush is the best college running back since Marshall Faulk, and LenDale White looks like he can run with as much power as Jerome Bettis did at Notre Dame.

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 03, 2005, 11:03:36 PM »
They have beaten Virginia Tech and Auburn recently, and killed OU last year.

As much as I hat eto say anything good about the situation :-\

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 03, 2005, 11:05:32 PM »
They have beaten Virginia Tech and Auburn recently, and killed OU last year.

As much as I hat eto say anything good about the situation :-\

Thanks Bru  ;D