Law School Discussion

College Football

Re: College Football
« Reply #700 on: November 02, 2005, 07:51:43 AM »
for all the UT bashing going on, i'll sum it up for you...

USC squeeks by UT and heads roll on the UT coaching staff
If UT squeeks by USC, USC coaches get an extension

i'd like to thank USC for beating us because it forced the coaching staff to make changes.  Losing to USC is inexcusable.  If UT had gone on to end the season with another average finish, changes would not have been made.  But after that embarassment, things are better for the future.

really says alot about the USC program 

Sum it up however you want to make you feel better.  The score says it all.  Tennessee sucks this year.

But don't let it get to you.  Every team has its ups and downs.  God knows, South Carolina has had their downs. 

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 02, 2005, 12:54:49 PM »

i'd like to thank USC for beating us because it forced the coaching staff to make changes.  Losing to USC is inexcusable.  If UT had gone on to end the season with another average finish, changes would not have been made.  But after that embarassment, things are better for the future.

Sum it up however you want to make you feel better.  The score says it all.  Tennessee sucks this year.

But don't let it get to you.  Every team has its ups and downs.  God knows, South Carolina has had their downs. 

I don't see anywhere in the post above where there is a disagreement about TN not performing well this year. 

« Reply #702 on: November 02, 2005, 01:02:14 PM »

I don't see anywhere in the post above where there is a disagreement about TN not performing well this year. 

Well, there's that ray of sunshine known as Ruskie.  Actually, I think it should get you down that Tennessee sucks this year.  In fact, I don't think the Tennessee football program is ever coming back.  They have fallen into the blackhole of suckiness, and will never escape its gravitational forces.

Sulk on that one, my dearest Ruskie.  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 02, 2005, 01:27:50 PM »

Well, there's that ray of sunshine known as Ruskie.  Actually, I think it should get you down that Tennessee sucks this year.  In fact, I don't think the Tennessee football program is ever coming back.  They have fallen into the blackhole of suckiness, and will never escape its gravitational forces.

yawn.

be10dwn

« Reply #704 on: November 02, 2005, 01:44:39 PM »

wish I could agree with you, but they will be pretty powerful next year

tegra8

« Reply #705 on: November 02, 2005, 02:11:39 PM »
too much tradition, pride, money, support, etc to be down for long...  Nobody will tolerate being down for very long, changes will be made until they get it right

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 02, 2005, 03:29:14 PM »
not to pile on, but on Rome on monday:

"You can't spell, 'Fulmer cant hold Spurrier's jock without UT."

jsia

tegra8

« Reply #707 on: November 02, 2005, 03:43:38 PM »
i'm about 95% sure Fulmer has the highest winning percentage of active coaches

UT is the winningest program since 1926 when Neyland took over the team

Won more SEC games over the last 10 and 20 years than any other team

Second all time in Bowl appearances

do i have to keep going....

UT sucks this year, we get the point, hell, we'll be the first to tell you..... but they will be back

just remember USC sucked balls not to long ago too

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 02, 2005, 04:24:53 PM »

UT sucks this year, we get the point, hell, we'll be the first to tell you..... but they will be back

I think Fulmer may be down to #2 right now.  It's really close, so he shifts in and out of #1 on a weekly basis.  Either way, this is not a coach or a team that will be down for too long.  Too much of a winning history and too many top 10 recruiting classes. 

Hey tegra8, you think Fulmer will try Crompton next year?

The littlest Clausen is probably lost, but I have a feeling that is more of a Papa Clausen decision (God, don't remind me about Papa Leak) than his own.  We'll see.

I talked to a couple of the players this week and the ones who are staying for additional seasons are confident that they will recover from this.  A season like this will help; they play much better when they are the underdog.

tegra8

« Reply #709 on: November 02, 2005, 04:32:59 PM »

I think Fulmer may be down to #2 right now.  It's really close, so he shifts in and out of #1 on a weekly basis.  Either way, this is not a coach or a team that will be down for too long.  Too much of a winning history and too many top 10 recruiting classes. 

Hey tegra8, you think Fulmer will try Crompton next year?

The littlest Clausen is probably lost, but I have a feeling that is more of a Papa Clausen decision (God, don't remind me about Papa Leak) than his own.  We'll see.

I talked to a couple of the players this week and the ones who are staying for additional seasons are confident that they will recover from this.  A season like this will help; they play much better when they are the underdog.

i dont know anything about Crompton, other than he was pretty highly regarded coming out of high school.... but so was Ainge.  I don't have any faith in Ainge after the whole LSU endzone "toss the ball like a bouquet at a wedding" play, so I hope Crompton can do it. 

Little Clausen will not be at UT, there was an article that talked to the father and he just said with the stuff that happened with Rick, why would he think it would be any different with Jimmy.  I can't blame him.   

I really could see them shocking some people at ND this weekend, the team has not been playing good, but if they can put it together for one game they can play with anybody in the counrty outside of Texas, USC, VaTech.  The talent is there, but the execution has been horrible.