Law School Discussion

College Football

Re: College Football
« Reply #680 on: October 30, 2005, 03:25:24 PM »
I don't normally step into this forum, except to call Ruskie out as a dumbass.

But, she makes a good point this time.  I don't think USC will finish undefeated, either.  I look for them to look ahead to UCLA, and get knocked off by either California or Fresno State.

Texas will win the title this year.  Anyone who can go into Ohio State and win has one helluva good team.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 30, 2005, 03:26:45 PM »

with 4,000+ posts the truthfulness of that statement seems doubtful.

« Reply #682 on: October 30, 2005, 03:28:56 PM »

with 4,000+ posts the truthfulness of that statement seems doubtful.

Maybe I'm thinking of other threads.  You provide so much opportunity...

Intuition

• We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 30, 2005, 07:23:50 PM »
All I know is Florida once again ruined UGAly's season. That alone is enough to make my year.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 30, 2005, 07:51:06 PM »

But, she makes a good point this time.  I don't think USC will finish undefeated, either.  I look for them to look ahead to UCLA, and get knocked off by either California or Fresno State.

Texas will win the title this year.  Anyone who can go into Ohio State and win has one helluva good team.

You must not watch USC play if you think USC will lose to Cal or Fresno State.

They are in midseason form and as far as I can tell, if you dont beat USC early in the season, you aren't going to beat them at all.

We will see about Texas, but dont be one of those naysayers that gets run off the thread because you made a ridiculous prediction.

« Reply #685 on: October 30, 2005, 08:08:51 PM »

They are in midseason form and as far as I can tell, if you dont beat USC early in the season, you aren't going to beat them at all.

We will see about Texas, but dont be one of those naysayers that gets run off the thread because you made a ridiculous prediction.

I admit that the odds are against it.  I'm not in the power curve, I'm sure.  But, I think there's a chance they'll look too far ahead to UCLA and get whacked.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 30, 2005, 08:16:56 PM »

I admit that the odds are against it.  I'm not in the power curve, I'm sure.  But, I think there's a chance they'll look too far ahead to UCLA and get whacked.

usually when you make a prediction, you want the odds to be at least 50/50

« Reply #687 on: October 30, 2005, 08:32:42 PM »
You are not a gambler, eh?

You'll never bang a woman more beautiful than you deserve with that attitude...  ;)

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 30, 2005, 11:02:20 PM »
You are not a gambler, eh?

You'll never bang a woman more beautiful than you deserve with that attitude...  ;)

lol  :D

« Reply #689 on: October 31, 2005, 05:18:42 PM »

Sidenote, for all those smirking about Tennessee, I have some commentary:

I, as a die-hard Vols fan will be the first to admit that this season has been nothing short of embarassing this year.  However, knowing what I do about that program [having been an insider for 4 years], I cannot, in good conscience, blame the players.  We didn't get the top 5 pre-season rankings out of the blue.  This is a team that is stacked with talent (see: top ten recruiting classess over the course of the last 5 years) and a team loaded with returning seniors and 5th years who stuck around in lieu of going to the NFL.  Our defense remains true to the pre-season hype.  We consistently shut down top-notch SEC offenses, holding an undefeated team to a touchdown-less game.  What went wrong for Tennessee this year, and what has been getting progressively worse since 1998's departure of David Cutcliffe, is our offense.  I make no excuses for what happened there; they just suck!  But what I will say is that when you have the talent that they do in offensive positions and cannot win a game, that's a coaching problem.  That's why TN fans all over should be screaming for the offensive coordinator's head; it's at least 7 years overdue.

FYI: Randy Sanders is often mistakenly credited with the 1998 championship win.  David Cutcliffe's playbook was used the whole time, whith Cutcliffe on the phone calling the plays.

Ok, whatever.

Be-all-end-all is that South Carolina isn't even playing that great this year and beat Tennessee at home (first time in thirteen years, I might add).  Tennessee sucks this year yet they were cocky enough to think that the Gamecocks would lay down and let them roll over them just because of their past record and less-than-promising record so far this year.  Tennessee has had this coming and I, for one, am proud as hell.

From ESPN.com:

"That is not what we expected," Fulmer said. "What you saw out there was unacceptable."

Tennessee has four regular-season losses for only the second time under Fulmer.

"In my 13 years, I've not had a season like this," Fulmer said. "I have never had anything that was easily handed to me and this (season) is not easy. We'll make whatever tough decisions need to be made ... personnel looks that need to be made. We're going to get this thing back on track."

Someone's trying to keep their job.   :D :D :D :D

Am I being unrealistic when I say that?

Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer had never lost to South Carolina. The last Tennessee coach who did, Johnny Majors, was forced out of his job six days later in 1992.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=253022633

Be all end all: Screw the Vols.  Their time is up.  They'll get stomped this week at Notre Dame, they will win against Memphis, Vandy will stomp them, and they will wrap up a dismal year with a close win at Kentucky.