Law School Discussion

College Football

bruin

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #670 on: October 29, 2005, 09:16:47 PM »
How do you spell "disaster"?

T-E-N-N-E-S-S-E-E

They are going to get WRECKED against Notre Dame next week...

boo hoo poor vols ;D

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 29, 2005, 09:17:06 PM »
Oh yeah, by the way, UCLA 8-0!

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 30, 2005, 12:55:19 AM »
Im glad for ya, but it was in overtime against Stanford (*lost to UC Davis).

:-*

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #673 on: October 30, 2005, 06:54:40 AM »
It's funny, Tennessee retired Peyton Manning's number last night. I guess they figured they'd lose to Steve Spurrier once again in Manning's honor...

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 30, 2005, 09:38:34 AM »

A win is a win. nuff said.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: October 30, 2005, 12:28:41 PM »

True.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 30, 2005, 01:53:36 PM »

UCLA is the only team on USC's schedule that has what it takes to knock them off.  As a converted bruins fan, I think they will do it.

Sidenote, for all those smirking about Tennessee, I have some commentary:

I, as a die-hard Vols fan will be the first to admit that this season has been nothing short of embarassing this year.  However, knowing what I do about that program [having been an insider for 4 years], I cannot, in good conscience, blame the players.  We didn't get the top 5 pre-season rankings out of the blue.  This is a team that is stacked with talent (see: top ten recruiting classess over the course of the last 5 years) and a team loaded with returning seniors and 5th years who stuck around in lieu of going to the NFL.  Our defense remains true to the pre-season hype.  We consistently shut down top-notch SEC offenses, holding an undefeated team to a touchdown-less game.  What went wrong for Tennessee this year, and what has been getting progressively worse since 1998's departure of David Cutcliffe, is our offense.  I make no excuses for what happened there; they just suck!  But what I will say is that when you have the talent that they do in offensive positions and cannot win a game, that's a coaching problem.  That's why TN fans all over should be screaming for the offensive coordinator's head; it's at least 7 years overdue.

FYI: Randy Sanders is often mistakenly credited with the 1998 championship win.  David Cutcliffe's playbook was used the whole time, whith Cutcliffe on the phone calling the plays.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 30, 2005, 02:26:59 PM »

UCLA is the only team on USC's schedule that has what it takes to knock them off.  As a converted bruins fan, I think they will do it.

This is a joke, right?

You are such a hater; since the begining of the season you were assuring everyone that USC would not go undefeated.

UCLA may, I repeat MAY, have what it takes to beat USC but it is highly unlikely.  Considering it took UCLA OT to win against STANFORD, what makes you think USC is going to lose at home against their rival?

USC is in midseason form right now and gets better as the season goes on.

BTW, the SEC doesnt play good defense, it just fails to play solid offense.

HTH

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 30, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »

This is a joke, right?

You are such a hater; since the begining of the season you were assuring everyone that USC would not go undefeated.

UCLA may, I repeat MAY, have what it takes to beat USC but it is highly unlikely.  Considering it took UCLA OT to win against STANFORD, what makes you think USC is going to lose at home against their rival?

USC is in midseason form right now and gets better as the season goes on.

BTW, the SEC doesnt play good defense, it just fails to play solid offense.

HTH

USC's had a couple of close calls this season too, so there's not reason to bash UCLA for having one.  I am not ignoring the fact that UCLA was down to Stanford for quite some time, but I will also recognize that it takes a damn good football team to come back from such a huge deficit that late in the game and still pull out a win, overtime or not.

UCLA may not have talent comparable to some other unbeaten teams, but it has heart and it has something to prove.  And any football fan knows that those types of teams are the most dangerous.  UCLA knows that if it wasn't for that bull call last year, they would have won tht game, so they have everything to prove this year.  Also, they aren't playing the role of a spoiler as they were last year.  They have everything to gain from that win.

Yes, I said USC would not remain unbeaten and I still mainting that.  It's only mid season and there are still some games to play.  I think it's a bit early to be predicting a repeat, but that's just me.

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 30, 2005, 03:19:04 PM »
Oh, ruskie....you apparently have a lot to learn about both the bruins and the trojans.  Nice try though.
what exactly is there to learn?