Law School Discussion

College Football

140am

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #630 on: October 20, 2005, 08:09:15 PM »
Haven't been on here in months...Anyway...I happen to remember a post where someone told me I was on crack to think Penn State would beat OSU this year...we'll in that case, I've definetly been hittin the pipe
As for last week's debaucle in Michigan...I watched the game with OSU fans who even said that the officiating was horrible. Not saying there's a conspiracy...but first 99, then Bryant Johnson's catch in 02 with both feet in bounds, now there's 05. A fumble's not a fumble if you're Mike Hart in the big house.
That being said, we're back!

There are no rules for Michigan at home.  It is beyond fact, and it's a disgrace to the conference.  I think officials should be fired after that game.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 21, 2005, 09:54:20 AM »
how about this play guys?

be10dwn

« Reply #632 on: October 21, 2005, 10:36:22 AM »
how about this play guys?

and he popped right up...that was a monster hit

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 21, 2005, 11:35:26 AM »
Solid hit, but doesn't it get boring watching USC pretty much slaughter each opponent every week (no serious question -- I mean, a lot of the games are not competitive.  Is it still engaging?)

I'm used to needing all 4 quarters to win, as a PSU fan of late.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 21, 2005, 04:40:16 PM »
Solid hit, but doesn't it get boring watching USC pretty much slaughter each opponent every week (no serious question -- I mean, a lot of the games are not competitive.  Is it still engaging?)

Actually my friend, it never, ever gets old ;D

And after last week's game which nearly gave me a heart attack, I would happily take blowouts the rest of the season.  However-although we had a fair share of non-competition games early on (Hawaii, Arkansas..) USC still must face three incredibly tough opponents:

UCLA-rivalry games are never a given, and UCLA has a damn good team this year!

Cal-they've done it to us once before

Fresno St- Sure, they are an unsung team, but they come out strong and hit hard all game long. 

USC fans respect our opponents.  We just hope we murder them anways.

(And may I also add, GO RED RAIDERS!!!! KILL TU!!!)

Yeah, I once recall an afternoon in State College watching PSU beat Akron 70-6 or something along those lines.  I was there until the last bell rang...that didn't get old.  Well, I have to say, I'm sure rooting for USC to lose, but don't take it personally; once your team leaves the undefeated club, you root for everyone else's to do the same.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 21, 2005, 09:27:35 PM »

And after last week's game which nearly gave me a heart attack, I would happily take blowouts the rest of the season.  However-although we had a fair share of non-competition games early on (Hawaii, Arkansas..) USC still must face three incredibly tough opponents:

Fresno St- Sure, they are an unsung team, but they come out strong and hit hard all game long. 

Yeah, I once recall an afternoon in State College watching PSU beat Akron 70-6 or something along those lines.  I was there until the last bell rang...that didn't get old.  Well, I have to say, I'm sure rooting for USC to lose, but don't take it personally; once your team leaves the undefeated club, you root for everyone else's to do the same.
Yeah, I understand that because I want everyone else to lose too for a little insurance.

Here's a closeup ;D

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 22, 2005, 07:12:29 AM »

Yeah, I understand that because I want everyone else to lose too for a little insurance.

Here's a closeup ;D

Yup -- go Texas, go LSU, go Auburn.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 22, 2005, 10:53:24 AM »
Is Reggie Bush a lock for the Heisman?  It seems after his awe inspiring play this season, and especially against ND, he is.  Is there another player that is nearly as exciting to watch?   Nope.  VY may be the MVP of his team, but if you could have any player on your team it would be Bush.

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 22, 2005, 10:57:38 AM »
No one is a lock for the Heisman in October. That said, Bush is the clear front-runner in my mind.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 22, 2005, 11:02:30 AM »
I mean, assuming that he doesnt get  hurt and he continues to do what he has done his whole career, then I think he is a lock.