• Email
Re: College Football
« Reply #600 on: October 15, 2005, 05:14:59 PM »
GAME OF THE CENTURY: USC V ND

I am getting butterflies just thinking about it :o

The butterflies are going crazy.

Reggie Bush is the 2005 Heisman.

Good Game ND :)

PS Whoever runs the clock for the ND Stadium tried to get away with a fast one: arent they supposed to watch the ref and do what his signal says (e.g. stop the clock if he waves his hands across each other or let it run if he swings his arm in a clockwise circle)?, because if they were trying to take advantage of the fact that there was no instant replay then I hope they get fired.

It looked like on the replay that when Leinart fumbled the ball went out at the 3 yard line. Heh the clock thing was funny, took me back to 2001 Michigan - Michigan State...

tegra8

« Reply #601 on: October 15, 2005, 05:18:04 PM »

PS Whoever runs the clock for the ND Stadium tried to get away with a fast one: arent they supposed to watch the ref and do what his signal says (e.g. stop the clock if he waves his hands across each other or let it run if he swings his arm in a clockwise circle)?, because if they were trying to take advantage of the fact that there was no instant replay then I hope they get fired.

It looked like on the replay that when Leinart fumbled the ball went out at the 3 yard line. Heh the clock thing was funny, took me back to 2001 Michigan - Michigan State...

it is amazing how the ball got spotted so close to the goalline

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 15, 2005, 05:20:22 PM »

Yeah, must've been homecooking. ::)

tegra8

« Reply #603 on: October 15, 2005, 05:21:26 PM »

ahem... Pac-10 refs....

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 15, 2005, 05:48:42 PM »

ahem... Pac-10 refs....
Isnt the rule that the ball is spotted from where the player fumbled if it goes out of bounds?

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 15, 2005, 07:53:09 PM »

The ACC doesn't have a history of domination.  Miami can't even compare to ND when it comes to having a legacy.  I wasn't talking about just this year or even the last three.  That's why I said Miami's performance is somewhat surprising this year.   

Um...ND isn't in the SEC.

And Notre Dame, until this year, hasn't exactly been a dominating team lately.

I just think it's ridiculous to say that a team wasn't good last year because they weren't as good as they were a few years before that.  FSU wasn't at their best last year, but they would still beat the majority of teams and were ranked, as was Miami.  No, we weren't the best team in the nation, but we were still a good team.

Um, I never said ND was in the SEC.  Trust me, SEC girls know who is in it.  Notre Dame is has a history as one of the most dominant college football programs ever, along with the likes of Alabama and USC.  Miami, even albeit good as of late, cannot hang with those big dawgs in terms of history, legacy, and long-term dominance.

Sleezstak

« Reply #606 on: October 15, 2005, 09:41:46 PM »

ahem... Pac-10 refs....
Isnt the rule that the ball is spotted from where the player fumbled if it goes out of bounds?

Yes that is the rule...however, the ref on the field at the spot of the fumble didn't do a very good job at stopping the clock...in the booth the clock operator watches the officials for the signal..he should not be watching the game. the crew will be under some scrutiny for the fiasco.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #607 on: October 15, 2005, 10:06:58 PM »
I can't imagine what it's going to be like for Tennessee next week going to Alabama. That game is going to be like a holy war for the people in Bryant-Denny...

tegra8

« Reply #608 on: October 16, 2005, 06:11:24 AM »
I can't imagine what it's going to be like for Tennessee next week going to Alabama. That game is going to be like a holy war for the people in Bryant-Denny...

it's going to be one of the most boring games ever, neither team will score on offense.... final: UT 4 Bama 2

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 16, 2005, 08:46:27 AM »
Speaking of poor officiating, apparently if you play for Michigan, you don't need to have any feet in bounds for a catch to stand, and you can just get more time added to the clock if the coach asks the refs.

F UM.  Even in a good Penn State year, soemthing goes wrong.