Law School Discussion

College Football

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: College Football
« Reply #580 on: October 06, 2005, 08:59:04 PM »
Just as a sidenote, in NCAA 2006, there is nothing better than scoring a TD in the Swamp and mocking the Gator Chomp.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 07, 2005, 05:34:45 AM »
3peat,

I may be a N00b

But atleast I didn't jump on the USC bandwagon.  You strike me as the nerdy future law student who just recently started following D-1 ball.  In roughly 3 years, when USC starts going into a downward cycle, where will you be???

Sorry guy, I graduated from USC and am in law school.  You seem pretty good at unwarranted assumptions and circular logic, maybe you shouldnt set yourself up for failure by hoping for Stetson or FSU; try Cooley or Dickinson.

HTH

notre dame 34
usc 28

upset?
I think the only chance ND has at upsetting USC next weekend is for Weis to do exactly what he did against Indy in the playoffs, which is play ball-control and keep the USC offense off the field. The problem is that ND's secondary isn't that good, though the front seven is pretty decent. I think this game will be closer than the last 3 years of 31 point blowouts under Willingham. Even though it pains me to say this as an ND fan, I'm going to say USC wins 38-24.

ND will beat USC in the next 2 years though, with the talent that Weis is going to bring in via recruiting. He's already gotten the commitment of Darrin Walls, who may be the top CB recruit in the country and from Raeshon McNeil, who has been ranked as a top 10 CB along with 2 4-5 star QBs in Demetrius Jones and Zach Frazier and a 5 star RB in James Aldridge.

All I know is that it is going to be one hell of a game and I hope USC can pull it out.  If they do they are certainly going undefeated IMHO.  These last two weeks have been a terrible strain on my heart, I hope USC decides to play 4 quarters for the rest of the season so I can see them in Los Angeles on Jan 4th.

be10dwn

« Reply #582 on: October 07, 2005, 05:49:58 AM »
I think the only chance ND has at upsetting USC next weekend is for Weis to do exactly what he did against Indy in the playoffs, which is play ball-control and keep the USC offense off the field. The problem is that ND's secondary isn't that good, though the front seven is pretty decent. I think this game will be closer than the last 3 years of 31 point blowouts under Willingham. Even though it pains me to say this as an ND fan, I'm going to say USC wins 38-24.

ND will beat USC in the next 2 years though, with the talent that Weis is going to bring in via recruiting. He's already gotten the commitment of Darrin Walls, who may be the top CB recruit in the country and from Raeshon McNeil, who has been ranked as a top 10 CB along with 2 4-5 star QBs in Demetrius Jones and Zach Frazier and a 5 star RB in James Aldridge.

ahhh but they didn't get Mitch Mustaine from here in northwest arkansas.  Second ranked QB in the country, and that's right he's coming right here to the University of Arkansas.  With him comes 2 of the top ten WRs along with out good running backs already here.  If we could only fire Houston Nutt now and hire Butch Davis we would be set to make a run in the next four years.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #583 on: October 07, 2005, 06:44:19 AM »
Mustain actually was ready to commit to ND but Weis wanted a dual-threat QB so he offered to Demetrius Jones instead. Had Zach Frazier not signed so early, I would say that Mustain may have been an ND commit right now.

Doesn't matter though because I think Weis is gearing up to go after Jimmy Clausen next year, who is Casey and Rick's brother and is supposed to be the "LeBron James of football".

be10dwn

« Reply #584 on: October 07, 2005, 06:46:36 AM »
Mustain actually was ready to commit to ND but Weis wanted a dual-threat QB so he offered to Demetrius Jones instead. Had Zach Frazier not signed so early, I would say that Mustain may have been an ND commit right now.

Doesn't matter though because I think Weis is gearing up to go after Jimmy Clausen next year, who is Casey and Rick's brother and is supposed to be the "LeBron James of football".

Jimmy Clausen is OUTRAGEOUS...he will be a superstar

be10dwn

« Reply #585 on: October 07, 2005, 06:56:52 AM »

Mustain would never be able to return home if he didn't come here, but on the other side, it probably would have gotten Nutt fired so...maybe it would have been a good thing

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #586 on: October 07, 2005, 08:29:17 PM »
Watching the replay of Michigan-Michigan State on ESPN Classic, it just seems that Musburger was a little too excited about calling Michigan an underdog during the game...

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #587 on: October 08, 2005, 10:52:20 AM »
14-6 Texas..

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #588 on: October 08, 2005, 03:07:57 PM »
Bwahaha Michigan lost to Minnesota 23-20 today.

Michigan could be better off firing Lloyd Carr, but that would be a personal insult towards Bo so they shouldn't even think about it.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 08, 2005, 06:05:25 PM »
GAME OF THE CENTURY: USC V ND

I am getting butterflies just thinking about it :o