TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #570 on: October 06, 2005, 09:24:31 AM »
3peat,

USC and the PAC-10 are a joke!
whatev, n00b.

I guess having 3 undefeated teams in a conference carries no weight with you, or blowing out OU, UM and UI in three consecutive years isnt impressive

but the opinion of a troll with a total of 6 posts hardly matters to anyone

XOXO HTH

bg

• Respect the LSAT!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #571 on: October 06, 2005, 09:28:26 AM »
LSU has too many returning players on the defensive side of the ball to be mediocre.  They look tenative with Pelini as defensive coordinator and Miles is an offensive coach.  

As for your point on Fulmer, I'll disagree with you here.  They did win a national title, but he had bothced the Claussen/Ainge situation.  That team simply plays better with Claussen under center, even if he isn't as gifted physically.  Another great example of this was Major Applewhite at Texas (Mack Brown is an awful coach, Vince Young is a stud. I know it's a different conference).  For crying out loud, Alabama should be the best team in the conference and stupid Mike Shula leaves Tyrone Prothro in the game during a blowout and he hurts his leg.

tegra8

« Reply #572 on: October 06, 2005, 10:10:37 AM »
LSU has too many returning players on the defensive side of the ball to be mediocre.  They look tenative with Pelini as defensive coordinator and Miles is an offensive coach. 

As for your point on Fulmer, I'll disagree with you here.  They did win a national title, but he had bothced the Claussen/Ainge situation.  That team simply plays better with Claussen under center, even if he isn't as gifted physically.  Another great example of this was Major Applewhite at Texas (Mack Brown is an awful coach, Vince Young is a stud. I know it's a different conference).  For crying out loud, Alabama should be the best team in the conference and stupid Mike Shula leaves Tyrone Prothro in the game during a blowout and he hurts his leg.

then what happened with Claussen and AInge at UF? Ainge played much better than Clausen there.  I agree Clausen should play, but to say Fulmer botched the situation is asinine.  When nobody seperates themselves as the starter you have to play both and manage.   

for goodness sakes, he won a national championship with Tee Martin at the helm? who? yea, thats my point

SeanVC

• UF or FSU Law or Bust!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: October 06, 2005, 10:31:31 AM »
3peat,

I may be a N00b

But atleast I didn't jump on the USC bandwagon.  You strike me as the nerdy future law student who just recently started following D-1 ball.  In roughly 3 years, when USC starts going into a downward cycle, where will you be???

tegra8

« Reply #574 on: October 06, 2005, 02:03:28 PM »
3peat,

I may be a N00b

But atleast I didn't jump on the USC bandwagon.  You strike me as the nerdy future law student who just recently started following D-1 ball.  In roughly 3 years, when USC starts going into a downward cycle, where will you be???

Im fairly certain he goes to USC....

r.

• Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 06, 2005, 02:16:11 PM »
3peat,

I may be a N00b

What USC bandwagon? You either went to the school or you didn't. For those of us that went to SC, just because we're enjoying the spoils now doesn't mean we just started cheering. I, and many others, endured several years of the Paul Hackett era. The less said about that, the better.

r.

• Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 06, 2005, 02:55:28 PM »
3peat,

I may be a N00b

What USC bandwagon? You either went to the school or you didn't. For those of us that went to SC, just because we're enjoying the spoils now doesn't mean we just started cheering. I, and many others, endured several years of the Paul Hackett era. The less said about that, the better.

People always say that when a team is doing really well.  I had to endure it when Miami had its run again a few years ago.  Except I've been a fan my whole life and I started at UM when we had our scholarships taken away and weren't even ranked .

For anyone who went to USC, you'll know that the student section is only maginally more packed in the good years than in the bad. SC is a football school and always will be. Every other fall Saturday the students will be out at the Coliseum, good year or bad.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 06, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »
3peat,

I may be a N00b

Sorry guy, I graduated from USC and am in law school.  You seem pretty good at unwarranted assumptions and circular logic, maybe you shouldnt set yourself up for failure by hoping for Stetson or FSU; try Cooley or Dickinson.

HTH

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 06, 2005, 07:42:41 PM »
3peat,

I may be a N00b

Sorry guy, I graduated from USC and am in law school.  You seem pretty good at unwarranted assumptions and circular logic, maybe you shouldnt set yourself up for failure by hoping for Stetson or FSU; try Cooley or Dickinson.

HTH

notre dame 34
usc 28

upset?

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #579 on: October 06, 2005, 07:47:33 PM »
I think the only chance ND has at upsetting USC next weekend is for Weis to do exactly what he did against Indy in the playoffs, which is play ball-control and keep the USC offense off the field. The problem is that ND's secondary isn't that good, though the front seven is pretty decent. I think this game will be closer than the last 3 years of 31 point blowouts under Willingham. Even though it pains me to say this as an ND fan, I'm going to say USC wins 38-24.

ND will beat USC in the next 2 years though, with the talent that Weis is going to bring in via recruiting. He's already gotten the commitment of Darrin Walls, who may be the top CB recruit in the country and from Raeshon McNeil, who has been ranked as a top 10 CB along with 2 4-5 star QBs in Demetrius Jones and Zach Frazier and a 5 star RB in James Aldridge.