Law School Discussion

College Football

tegra8

Re: College Football
« Reply #530 on: September 29, 2005, 02:41:45 PM »
well, half is pretty decent to say the least.  Half of a conference being ranked in the top 25 is pretty dam good.

ASU choked against LSU... who just lost to UT
what has Cal done to deserve their ranking? they only beat Illinois by 15... MSU beat them by about 80
UCLA deserves to be ranked higher than Cal, still nothing impressive

I see 4 teams ranked: USC, ASU, UCLA, and Cal.  And the only team that has shown they are deserving of their current ranking is USC
But the PAC-10 is not a garbage league, that is just something people say when they want to bolster their own conference.  LSU is the highest ranked SEC team and it BARELY won over ASU.

Florida and UT are both better than LSU, the rankings have not been updated since the monday night game

tegra8

« Reply #531 on: September 29, 2005, 02:43:50 PM »
Whatever, tegra. Give me one SEC team that could give USC a run for their money and then perhaps I'll start taking you seriously.  ::)  The SEC is the most overrated, underperforming conference there is.  Give me a Big 12, Big 10, or Pac 10 game anyday over the whiny girls that play in your conference.

according to my neighbors (granted they are Football players) USF Bulls could beat any top 10 team in the nation just as they did last week.. i had to laugh.. but the guys believes it.

hey now... watch yourself... USF just raped Louisville and they have only been playing football since 1997!  give them a couple years and they will be a consistent top 25 team

Riiiiiight.

USC struggled with UCF
USF destroyed UCF with over 300yds rushing
 ::)

In 2004: USC beat USF 34-3
In 2005: USC beat UCF 24-15 with a redshirt sophomore quarterback in his first game.

Please...

USF is and always will be a turd school.

USF coach has said over and over he sacrificed last year with so much young talent to be prepared for this year... and so far it is working.  When is the last time USC beat a top 10 team?

Considering that the only team that South Carolina played last year that ended up in the Top 10 was Georgia, there wasn't much of a chance.

Cocky and deluded.  I don't care what the coach says.

ok, so i just glanced at your schedules and im thinking the last time was maybe in 2001.  How long have you had a football program? USF just started the program in 1997 and just joined a BCS conference this year and yet if they played today it would be an equal game that USF would probably be favored to win.  I know that must really suck for USC, but deal with it. 

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2005, 02:44:33 PM »
WHo has Georgia beaten?

tegra8

« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2005, 02:46:48 PM »
WHo has Georgia beaten?

Georgia sucks, i dont think anybody can reasonably defend them

tegra8

« Reply #534 on: September 29, 2005, 02:52:31 PM »
Whatever, tegra. Give me one SEC team that could give USC a run for their money and then perhaps I'll start taking you seriously.  ::)  The SEC is the most overrated, underperforming conference there is.  Give me a Big 12, Big 10, or Pac 10 game anyday over the whiny girls that play in your conference.

according to my neighbors (granted they are Football players) USF Bulls could beat any top 10 team in the nation just as they did last week.. i had to laugh.. but the guys believes it.

hey now... watch yourself... USF just raped Louisville and they have only been playing football since 1997!  give them a couple years and they will be a consistent top 25 team

Riiiiiight.

USC struggled with UCF
USF destroyed UCF with over 300yds rushing
 ::)

In 2004: USC beat USF 34-3
In 2005: USC beat UCF 24-15 with a redshirt sophomore quarterback in his first game.

Please...

USF is and always will be a turd school.

USF coach has said over and over he sacrificed last year with so much young talent to be prepared for this year... and so far it is working.  When is the last time USC beat a top 10 team?

Considering that the only team that South Carolina played last year that ended up in the Top 10 was Georgia, there wasn't much of a chance.

Cocky and deluded.  I don't care what the coach says.

ok, so i just glanced at your schedules and im thinking the last time was maybe in 2001.  How long have you had a football program? USF just started the program in 1997 and just joined a BCS conference this year and yet if they played today it would be an equal game that USF would probably be favored to win.  I know that must really suck for USC, but deal with it. 

Jesus, the hostility you have.  It's just college football, son.  Simmer down.

If USF and South Carolina met up today, it would be a similar game to their match up last year, no ifs, ands, or buts.

last year means nothing, get that through your head...

THIS year... USC struggled with UCF, two weeks later USF dominated UCF...  Outside of UCF, USC got destoryed by Bama, Lost to a bad UGA team and Beat Troy!  Outside of UCF, USF lost at PSU, beat a I-AA team and beat a ranked (top 10 at the time) Louisville team. 

Where in that do you think USC would "blow out" USF?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 29, 2005, 02:53:29 PM »
Exactly, Georgia sucks yet they are #6 or #7.  There is a predisposition to rank the SEC teams higher just because they are in the SEC. and the opposite is true for the PAC-10 teams

tegra8

« Reply #536 on: September 29, 2005, 02:53:41 PM »
WHo has Georgia beaten?

You're defending USF and then turning around and saying Georgia sucks? 

This is a joke, right?  You're pulling our legs, right?

did i ever compare USF to Georgia??

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 29, 2005, 02:54:25 PM »
Southern Cal would beat the snot out of every NCAA football team in Florida

HTH

tegra8

« Reply #538 on: September 29, 2005, 03:01:06 PM »
WHo has Georgia beaten?

You're defending USF and then turning around and saying Georgia sucks? 

This is a joke, right?  You're pulling our legs, right?

did i ever compare USF to Georgia??

You're comparing them to South Carolina when South Carolina only lost to Georgia by two points on account of our kicker choking.  Offensively and defensively, that game was taken by USC. 

UGA is overrated.... USF blew out the overrated team they played, USC choked

tegra8

« Reply #539 on: September 29, 2005, 03:03:25 PM »
"What is USF's rank?  Oh yeah..."

USF is currently in the receiving votes category in one poll.  Where is USC? I seem to be missing them somewhere. They must be on here somewhere.  Oh yea...