Law School Discussion

College Football

be10dwn

Re: College Football
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »
they play in a JV conference.

Truer words have never been spoken.  Texas Tech made Cal look like $hit in the Holiday Bowl. 
Fight Raiders Fight, Fight Raider FIght, Fight for the school we love so dearly.  you'll hit em high, you'll hit em low, we'll push that ball across the goal TECH FIGHT FIGHT. We'll praise ger name, boost her to fame, Fight for the scarlet and the black.  We will hit em we will wreck em, hit em wreck em Texas Teck and the victory bells will ring out.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2005, 05:20:57 PM »
they play in a JV conference.

Truer words have never been spoken.  Texas Tech made Cal look like $hit in the Holiday Bowl. 

Well, USC made OU look WORSE!!!!!! The conference is irrelevant because it is substantually more prejudicial than it is probative.  USC may or may not play in an easy conference but when it comes to the end of the season, USC PWNS NCAA D-I Football!

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2005, 05:33:31 PM »
Read what I said, "at the end of the season".  Dont forget about our pwnage of Iowa and Brad Banks.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2005, 06:23:32 PM »
Read what I said, "at the end of the season".  Dont forget about our pwnage of Iowa and Brad Banks.

Yes, that Las Vegas Bowl was at the end of a season, too.

Their owning of a vastly-overrated Iowa team did not impress me.  Brad Banks got hot for about eight weeks of his career, and that was it.  Remember, they lost to K-State and Wazzou that year, and USC got Notre Dame during the start of their collapse with culminated a couple years later with Willingham's firing.

USC is good though.  Very good :).
A.  Everyone says a team is overrated AFTER USC slaughters them so that doesnt have any real impact anymore ie Iowa, UM and OU
B.  I remember USC losing to K-State and Mike WIlliams dropping something like 7 passes   AND I remember Wazzou... something about our infamous kicker Kileen and not being able to sink a kick.  DESPITE all that At the end of the year in 2002 USC could have beaten anyone in the country.  Williams was a superstar, Kolbert was nearly as good, Palmer was droppin dimes and our D was ferocious.  I know, I know, college football is a year long playoff and two losses immediately means you did not have a championship season BUT if there were a playoff USC would have shocked a lot of people and definitely won the undisputed championship.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 25, 2005, 07:58:28 PM »

Yes, that Las Vegas Bowl was at the end of a season, too.

Their owning of a vastly-overrated Iowa team did not impress me.  Brad Banks got hot for about eight weeks of his career, and that was it.  Remember, they lost to K-State and Wazzou that year, and USC got Notre Dame during the start of their collapse with culminated a couple years later with Willingham's firing.

USC is good though.  Very good :).
A.  Everyone says a team is overrated AFTER USC slaughters them so that doesnt have any real impact anymore ie Iowa, UM and OU
B.  I remember USC losing to K-State and Mike WIlliams dropping something like 7 passes   AND I remember Wazzou... something about our infamous kicker Kileen and not being able to sink a kick.  DESPITE all that At the end of the year in 2002 USC could have beaten anyone in the country.  Williams was a superstar, Kolbert was nearly as good, Palmer was droppin dimes and our D was ferocious.  I know, I know, college football is a year long playoff and two losses immediately means you did not have a championship season BUT if there were a playoff USC would have shocked a lot of people and definitely won the undisputed championship.

No, USC was the third-best team in college football in 2002, though I believe they finished #4 in the major polls (behind UGA).  Miami and Ohio State were the two best all-around teams in 2002, and they produced a championship game of epic proportions.  I'll give USC 2003 and 2004, however.  I just wish they would've played LSU in '03. 
We'll never convince each other so we can agree to disagree.  If only there was a playoff, life would be so much better :-\

« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2005, 08:17:39 PM »
ACC sucks. 

« Reply #306 on: July 26, 2005, 06:34:14 PM »
If only there was a playoff, life would be so much better :-\

That we can agree to. 

Eliminate one non-conference game from everyone's schedule
Eliminate conference championships (especially the Big 12...who the hell wants to see Oklahoma play Iowa State anyway)
8 team playoff ranked by BCS...had this been in place last year, Auburn could have played in the title game and Utah could have been given a shot to prove themselves

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 26, 2005, 07:18:54 PM »
If only there was a playoff, life would be so much better :-\

That we can agree to. 

Eliminate one non-conference game from everyone's schedule
Eliminate conference championships (especially the Big 12...who the hell wants to see Oklahoma play Iowa State anyway)
8 team playoff ranked by BCS...had this been in place last year, Auburn could have played in the title game and Utah could have been given a shot to prove themselves
Yeah, and USC would be going for a 4peat

ASNetlenov

« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2005, 07:25:50 AM »
ACC sucks. 

Where is the verbose reasoning to back up this ridiculous statement?

ASNetlenov

« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2005, 07:37:52 AM »
Well, USC made OU look WORSE!!!!!! The conference is irrelevant because it is substantually more prejudicial than it is probative.  USC may or may not play in an easy conference but when it comes to the end of the season, USC PWNS NCAA D-I Football!

To say that the conference is irrelevant is naive. USC has had success against some good teams; however, they have not had to do this consistently becauase they play in a weak conference.

Stoops was 10-1 against top ten teams during a short span at OU. USC has not played that many top ten teams during their run. OU was dominating in many of those games. Having played more quality teams, OU's run is more impressive. Yes, USC has been dominating in a few instances. Let's see them run this kind of streak and then you can begin comparing them to OU. OU also faced much stiffer competition from the lesser teams. Playing at Texas A&M is much more difficult than going to Oregon State. It's one thing to rise to the occasion a few times and another to make it work every week.

USC is good, but they will have to keep this up for another few seasons to be truly historic- that's how long it will take for them to play enough quality opponents.