Re: College Football
« Reply #290 on: July 13, 2005, 09:29:04 PM »
but what have you done lately?

Merc

« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2005, 11:13:03 AM »
but what have you done lately?

>:(

Good article on why Leinart stayed in ESPN mag this month.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2005, 01:41:42 PM »
I didnt get to read it, what did it say?

Merc

« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2005, 01:43:22 PM »
I didnt get to read it, what did it say?

it was about 4 pages, good read.  they interviewed his girl, his roomate, his parents, and basically presented a good argument for him staying put for a year.

ahoipkem

« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2005, 01:45:29 PM »
It boiled down to him being injured prior to the combine and not wanting to work out at less then 100%. And he runs LA, yada yada...

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2005, 10:38:03 AM »
ahh.. thanks.  I think he made the right choice.  As a qb, the chances of injuring a vitla part of his body are relatively slim.  Any other guy hurts his knee and he might be done, but a qb doesnt run in the NFL; look at how slow Peyton Manning is.

He really couldnt go wrong in the first place.  Staying at USC to win another championship and Heisman is a good way to get more experience, have fun and stay in sunny SoCal.  The women are top notch, the weather is second to none, the campus is beautiful, the social scene is on par with everyother metropolis in the world... what more could anyone ask for?  Oh yeah, a 50 mil contract.  Weighing both options he must have known that the money will be waiting next year but one can never go back to college.  Plus, if you already didnt know, USC is a great place to play football; he is a movie star over here.

be10dwn

« Reply #296 on: July 18, 2005, 10:45:33 AM »
1.  SEC (Pig sooooey Razorbacks)
2.  ACC (GO Terps)
3.  Big XII (Fight Raiders Fight, Fight Raiders Fight, Fight for the school we love so                    dearly)
4.  After that it doesn't really matter.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 24, 2005, 03:16:20 PM »
bang bang!

awww sweet memories!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #298 on: July 25, 2005, 06:31:11 AM »
2.  ACC (GO Terps)
3.  Big XII (Fight Raiders Fight, Fight Raiders Fight, Fight for the school we love so                    dearly)

I'll agree with this except the part about the Twerps.

And 3Peat:

I gave USC their due by saying that they belong in the conversation. It's too bad they do not play in the SEC because if they had run the table the past three years in that conference, which is not impossible give the absurd amount of talent, they might get my vote as the best team ever. They have won as many big games as OU did when they had their run a few years ago. USC just had the benefit of only having to come up big in bowl games, which allowed them to stretch their run to nearly three full seasons. It will be interesting to see if they do it again this year. I also believe that their dominance in bowl games creates the perception that the other teams USC plays are not good and not that USC is great. To be fair, they do not get the full credit they deserve even if they play in a JV conference.

be10dwn

« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2005, 08:12:17 AM »
2.  ACC (GO Terps)

I'll agree with this except the part about the Twerps.

Well, I gotta have love for my alma matter.