Law School Discussion

College Football

grad

Re: College Football
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2005, 01:17:04 PM »
Michigan does always tend to blow one game that comes back to bite them, but I'm keeping the faith this year.  Hart & Henne are both young and had an amazing season as freshman last year.  I'm hoping they can build on that this year.  If anything it'll be great to watch and they'll be solid for a few years to come.

As far as Marcus goes, he was a freshman when he was trying to unseat Randle.  And while Randle is no Michael, he was a really good QB.  That, and Marcus had a huge head his first year.  I had him in one of my classes along with some of the other teammates and from talking with them it came down to Marcus expecting to be handed the starting job without having to work for it.  Frank Beamer doesn’t play like that.  The full year suspension set him straight and woke him up.  Marcus is all grown up now and taking numbers.

Merc

« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2005, 01:17:47 PM »
You can be quiet you spoiled...I'm not mad, I'm just jealous. :-\

I consider myself (and many of my friends) the ultimate spoiled football fans. I have spent the past three years at USC. In that time, we have only lost three games, won all our home games, beat rival schools UCLA and Notre Dame each year, finished first in the Pac 10 each season, won the Orange Bowl against Iowa, won two National Chmpionships, had two Heisman winners, and just generally kicked ass.

If that's not spoiled, I don't know what is....maybe you can see why me tar says "lucky" ;D

wassup tralala? I transfered to SC at the same time and I just graduated; I always thought I was the lucky one. I am a die hard Trojan through and through. There are only a few Trojans on LSD so we have to stick together because all the haters will come out of the woodwork as soon as the season starts.

hey UM fan remember this?

Marcus Vick is overrated

out

If I didn't like ya so much 3peat, I'd have to hate ya!  ;)

(could be worse! you could be an Ohio State Cockeye fan!!)

ASNetlenov

« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2005, 01:19:50 PM »
There are only a few Trojans on LSD so we have to stick together because all the haters will come out of the woodwork as soon as the season starts.   

I have been on record from the beginning saying that the Trojans will lose this year. If they win all of their games this year and there are two other undefeated teams, the Trojans should not be in the championship game because their schedule is pathetic this year.

grad

« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2005, 01:21:24 PM »
ASN, I should've guessed, a UVA ALUMNUS.  I won't hold that against you, not growing up in VA it's hard to really get into that whole UVA/VT rivalry thing, except when it comes game time.

grad

« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2005, 01:29:39 PM »
I'll give USC their dues; they are an amazing football team.  However, if it wasn't for a botched pass interference call during the VT game last year we would have seen a different outcome to the season.  Ah well, it's a new year, and the castrated turkey will have redemption.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2005, 01:35:31 PM »
You can be quiet you spoiled...I'm not mad, I'm just jealous. :-\

I consider myself (and many of my friends) the ultimate spoiled football fans. I have spent the past three years at USC. In that time, we have only lost three games, won all our home games, beat rival schools UCLA and Notre Dame each year, finished first in the Pac 10 each season, won the Orange Bowl against Iowa, won two National Chmpionships, had two Heisman winners, and just generally kicked ass.

If that's not spoiled, I don't know what is....maybe you can see why me tar says "lucky" ;D

wassup tralala? I transfered to SC at the same time and I just graduated; I always thought I was the lucky one. I am a die hard Trojan through and through. There are only a few Trojans on LSD so we have to stick together because all the haters will come out of the woodwork as soon as the season starts.

hey UM fan remember this?

Marcus Vick is overrated

out

If I didn't like ya so much 3peat, I'd have to hate ya!  ;)

(could be worse! you could be an Ohio State Cockeye fan!!)

;)   ;D

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2005, 01:37:15 PM »
There are only a few Trojans on LSD so we have to stick together because all the haters will come out of the woodwork as soon as the season starts.   

I have been on record from the beginning saying that the Trojans will lose this year. If they win all of their games this year and there are two other undefeated teams, the Trojans should not be in the championship game because their schedule is pathetic this year.
see, now that is just out of control.  Not everything is based on strength of schedule.  I didnt hear anyone complaining about OU's schedule last year before they got trounced 55-19?  People complain about USC's strength of schedule every year but we've DOMINATED!!! in our last three bowl games.

you are saying that NO MATTER WHAT, the TROJANS SHOULD NOT PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP.    NO MATTER WHAT THE TWO-TIME DEFENDING CHAMPIONS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DEFEND THEIR THRONE?  That is hatefull.

I would like to nominate ASNetlenov for Hater of the Year!

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2005, 06:21:58 AM »
ASTL, I like you, but I have to agree with the hater award. USC has played at least one quality opponent each of the past three years. Auburn, Auburn and VT. Arkansas, Fresno State and Notre Dame are a lot tougher than what most teams schedule.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2005, 06:54:21 AM »

see, now that is just out of control.  Not everything is based on strength of schedule.  I didnt hear anyone complaining about OU's schedule last year before they got trounced 55-19?  People complain about USC's strength of schedule every year but we've DOMINATED!!! in our last three bowl games.

you are saying that NO MATTER WHAT, the TROJANS SHOULD NOT PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP.    NO MATTER WHAT THE TWO-TIME DEFENDING CHAMPIONS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DEFEND THEIR THRONE?  That is hatefull.

I would like to nominate ASNetlenov for Hater of the Year!

Wouldn't the act of nominating me for that award make you a more viable candidate?  ;)

No one denies that USC is a great team; however their schedule is a huge joke. USC has played well in big games. I do not deny this; however, Stoops had a similar run at OU where he kept beating good teams too. The difference is that he had to do it much more consistently. USC has to rise to the occasion maybe twice a year, which should not aid them in their quest to be recognized.

ASTL, I like you, but I have to agree with the hater award. USC has played at least one quality opponent each of the past three years. Auburn, Auburn and VT. Arkansas, Fresno State and Notre Dame are a lot tougher than what most teams schedule.

As for the out of conference schedule, it is legit. ND and Ark are mediocre teams though. The problem is that their conference schedule is incredibly weak.

And what is college football without pointless arguments?

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2005, 07:06:33 AM »
And what is college football without pointless arguments?

I have to respect that :)