Law School Discussion

College Football

Intuition

• We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2005, 11:07:15 AM »
I know it's only 58 more days until the Hoos kick off.

I will start by saying that Texas will beat Oklahoma because: 1) UT returns many more players, and 2) Mack Brown has to win eventually.

I also think this is Texas' year. I really think Oklahoma might be slightly down this year. First year starting QB's struggle, that's the simple story. Plus, I think Stoops is a little overrated (not too much, just think he gets ALOT of hype).

grad

« Reply #261 on: July 11, 2005, 11:29:33 AM »
I'm bored at work so I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here and call my beloved Virginia Tech Hokies and Michigan in the Rose Bowl for the national championship. 

Tech has a lot of returning starters, their defense is amazing, and Marcus spent the past year under the wing of his older brother Michael while training with a QB coach the elder Vick paid for.  He's got a lot to prove, and with his performance in the spring game back in April I think Hokie fans are in for a pleasant surprise.  The only question mark is going to be their offensive line, but so long as they give Marcus 3 seconds, he'll do the rest.

Michigan, well, although I'm an alma-mater of VT, I grew up a Wolverine fan and expect them to do extremely well this year.

VT/UM - Rose Bowl

« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2005, 11:35:01 AM »
Texas will beat OU and be undefeated going into its' game with Texas A&M, they will get their asses handed to them by the Ags. 

ASNetlenov

« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2005, 11:58:31 AM »
I'm bored at work so I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here and call my beloved Virginia Tech Hokies and Michigan in the Rose Bowl for the national championship. 

Tech has a lot of returning starters, their defense is amazing, and Marcus spent the past year under the wing of his older brother Michael while training with a QB coach the elder Vick paid for.  He's got a lot to prove, and with his performance in the spring game back in April I think Hokie fans are in for a pleasant surprise.  The only question mark is going to be their offensive line, but so long as they give Marcus 3 seconds, he'll do the rest.

Michigan, well, although I'm an alma-mater of VT, I grew up a Wolverine fan and expect them to do extremely well this year.

VT/UM - Rose Bowl
Your alma mater is your school. You are an alumnus or an alumna of VT.

Please forgive me for being this obnoxious; however, you admitted to being a Hokie.  ;)

VT is overrated. They do well when they are under the radar, which is not the case this year. Marcus Vick should be in jail anyway.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2005, 12:56:15 PM »
I consider myself (and many of my friends) the ultimate spoiled football fans. I have spent the past three years at USC.  In that time, we have only lost three games, won all our home games, beat rival schools UCLA and Notre Dame each year, finished first in the Pac 10 each season, won the Orange Bowl against Iowa, won two National Chmpionships, had two Heisman winners, and just generally kicked ass.

If that's not spoiled, I don't know what is....maybe you can see why me tar says "lucky" ;D

You are a lucky girl. The only thing you were missing were real football fans in SC.  ;)

I know something about mediocre football fans based on where I went to school. Just don't tell soon2blaw.

grad

« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2005, 01:03:12 PM »
You are correct sir, alumnus it is (I got lazy with my proofreading).  

However, I will humbly disagree with your “overrated” assessment of VT.  While I agree Marcus may be a bit of a troublemaker, he sure can throw a football, and the scoreboard doesn’t care what your rap sheet is.  But time will tell.

I see you will be at UR this fall, as will I.  I'm sure we'll be able to follow the season and celebrate the Hokie National Championship title over a few cold ones.

ahoipkem

« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2005, 01:06:26 PM »

VT/UM - Rose Bowl

I hope you're right about Michigan, but I don't think its going to happen until Lloyd gets less conservative and Jim Hermann learns how to stop running QB's....they'll always blow that one damn game. I don't know how many games I'll get to watch in Georgia but it'll be nice to have too top 25 teams to root for since UGA should be solid as well.

ahoipkem

« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2005, 01:08:07 PM »

However, I will humbly disagree with your “overrated” assessment of VT.  While I agree Marcus may be a bit of a troublemaker, he sure can throw a football, and the scoreboard doesn’t care what your rap sheet is.  But time will tell.

I see you will be at UR this fall, as will I.  I'm sure we'll be able to follow the season and celebrate the Hokie National Championship title over a few cold ones.

Just had to comment on Marcus Vick...while he might be the 2nd coming of Michael, he wasn't even able to unseat Byron Randle as the starter, who was a fairly mediocre QB until last year. Not saying he isn't going to make some sick plays though.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »

I hope we are celebrating no such thing next fall!

PS- I like how you described Vick as a "troublemaker." That's one way of putting it. We had Antoine "Shoes" Womack a few years ago. He beat someone up and stole the guy's shoes. Pretty sad. He too could put some numbers up though.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2005, 01:13:02 PM »
You can be quiet you spoiled...I'm not mad, I'm just jealous. :-\

I consider myself (and many of my friends) the ultimate spoiled football fans. I have spent the past three years at USC.  In that time, we have only lost three games, won all our home games, beat rival schools UCLA and Notre Dame each year, finished first in the Pac 10 each season, won the Orange Bowl against Iowa, won two National Chmpionships, had two Heisman winners, and just generally kicked ass.

If that's not spoiled, I don't know what is....maybe you can see why me tar says "lucky" ;D

wassup tralala? I transfered to SC at the same time and I just graduated; I always thought I was the lucky one.  I am a die hard Trojan through and through.  There are only a few Trojans on LSD so we have to stick together because all the haters will come out of the woodwork as soon as the season starts.   

hey UM fan remember this?

Marcus Vick is overrated

out