Law School Discussion

College Football

ASNetlenov

Re: College Football
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2005, 01:28:05 PM »
My dad complains all the time that that tradition has gone by the wayside at a lot of schools. He was also fuming mad when Ole Miss was banned from using Dixie as their song.

As he should have been. I love ripping Yankees apart when they start talking about what is and is not acceptable for Southern culture. A few of them have reasonable points of view but many simply do not know.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2005, 01:29:56 PM »
Yeah. I don't care what anyone says. There is NOTHING like southern football.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2005, 01:33:56 PM »
I need to start a countdown until the most wonderful time of the year.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2005, 01:35:59 PM »
I have a shirt that says

"Life begins when the season starts."

I love it.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2005, 01:53:54 PM »
USC is a very good team. They will not be historic until they regularly survive brutal schedules. They have the talen to do so potentially, but we'll never know.

Virginia Tech was a decent team that played very well for the second half of the season. They overachieved at the end in the same way they had underachieved the previous two seasons. I doubt they will be that impressive this year because I don't believe Marcus Vick is good. I could be wrong, but it is much more likely that he will end up in jail before that is proven to be the case.

Anyone have a favorite for the ACC? I'm thinking FSU is due this year because Miami has been gradually declining under Coker.

I agree about USC...it's easy to be on top of your game at the end of the season when you play nobody all year. They could have put their second stringers in the game and still probably won most of their regular season games. While they are an impressive football team, they will never be historic until they schedule some decent non-conference competition. You're not going to be considered among the greatest teams in college football if your season consists of Hawaii, Arkansas, a Notre Dame team that needs work, and a weak Pac-10. However, I do see them losing focus and dropping a game during the regular season. I'd love for them to schedule a game against Iowa, or another Big-Ten defense-oriented team.
wait, we blew out Iowa three years ago when they were on top of their game

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2005, 01:54:31 PM »
There is no sport like college football. I gave half of my salary to scalpers when I lived in LA to see USC in 03. Too bad Temple doesn't have a decent team. Does the MAC even count as a conference?    :P

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2005, 01:58:34 PM »
There is no sport like college football. I gave half of my salary to scalpers when I lived in LA to see USC in 03. Too bad Temple doesn't have a decent team. Does the MAC even count as a conference?    :P

Kind of. I wondered the same thing about Conference USA when I was considering Tulane. The Green Wave?????

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2005, 02:01:39 PM »
wait, we blew out Iowa three years ago when they were on top of their game

USC scheduled Auburn twice, played Va Tech in a 12th game, plays Notre Dame every year and has obliterated their opponents in the past three bowl games. I think they've totally proven their dominance. If Cal hadn't gone into the Holiday bowl with no momentum, the PAC-10 would have been 5-1 in Bowl games last season. The Pac-10 may not be the toughest conference in the world, but at least USC doesn't schedule the Citadel

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2005, 02:06:15 PM »
There is no sport like college football. I gave half of my salary to scalpers when I lived in LA to see USC in 03. Too bad Temple doesn't have a decent team. Does the MAC even count as a conference?    :P

Kind of. I wondered the same thing about Conference USA when I was considering Tulane. The Green Wave?????

Believe it or not, Tulane had a 12-0 Season in 98 with Shawn King as their QB

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2005, 06:17:06 AM »
Yeah. I know. I was just kidding. But it just would not be the same as rooting for FSU. I am kinda spoiled  ;) Plus, we have our own opinions of Shaun King here in Tampa Bay...

;D