Law School Discussion

College Football

ASNetlenov

Re: College Football
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2005, 11:13:04 AM »
The games will be an hour away for me, so I feel pretty lucky. As long as VT and UMd have terrible seasons, I will be satisfied with the ACC outcome. Oh, and it'd be nice if UVa could win a big game for once. This is a big year. We have gotten a little bit better each of the past three years and it is time to start winning games against the big boys.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2005, 11:18:23 AM »
I agree. YOu guys do keep getting better. Just kinda bad timing b/c the ACC just got SO much harder. But that just means that you have more oppertunities to up your game and maybe win a few games worth a damn. I was worried about you guys last year but I must admit that game was one of the few high points of our season last year.  ;)

I am just excited to watch the ACC this year! All the changes, new challenges. Very exciting. GOD I AM READY FOR FOOTBALL TO START!

« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2005, 11:28:33 AM »
i really like UVa's squad last year.  yalls TE was awesome, as was your Linebacking crew.  I know the TE is gone, how many LBs did yall lose.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2005, 11:58:41 AM »
We lost Blackstock (OLB) and Canty (DE), but he was injured for much of last year. He is an idiot. He should have stayed for his last year. He never played the run well and needed the time to bulk up before he hits the NFL. The FSU game was the only one where we got blown out. He was injured during that game. That defense is good and brutal. The ACC is much better this year. This is the time of year when I am ok. In the beginning of July I start going nuts because that means August is right around the corner. UVa will be really solid if Hagans has recovered from his injury, throws the ball as accurately as he was against the cupcakes, if our receivers can get separation (BIG if), and if the defensive line can step up. From what I have heard and seen this is entirely possible because Chris Long is a manchild. Oh, and it'd be nice if our secondary could not blow so many coverages. This last one is possible. Our pass defense was terrible.

Nole,
FSU has the defense. It's all about how well the offense can play against the good teams like Miami, etc.

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2005, 12:26:34 PM »
UVa had a decent season, but it is hard to not be dissapointed with them playing so many teams close and not finishing them off. The VTech game must have been killer :(  How many starters does UVa have returning?

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2005, 12:27:49 PM »

Nole,
FSU has the defense. It's all about how well the offense can play against the good teams like Miami, etc.

Oh I am well aware.  ;)

ASNetlenov

« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2005, 12:50:53 PM »
UVa has most of the starters returning. The loss of Heath Miller hurts. The Tech game was painful because we had them. Oh well. We're just starting to become real football fans. When I started there people still wore coat and ties and left at halftime to go drinking. At least the students pay attention, though it is sad to see the semi-formal attire go.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2005, 12:55:49 PM »
UVa has most of the starters returning. The loss of Heath Miller hurts. The Tech game was painful because we had them. Oh well. We're just starting to become real football fans. When I started there people still wore coat and ties and left at halftime to go drinking. At least the students pay attention, though it is sad to see the semi-formal attire go.

I love that tradition! Oh that is going on the southern thread!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2005, 12:56:54 PM »
Good call.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2005, 01:17:18 PM »
My dad complains all the time that that tradition has gone by the wayside at a lot of schools. He was also fuming mad when Ole Miss was banned from using Dixie as their song.