Law School Discussion

College Football

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: College Football
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2005, 12:46:37 PM »
I'm thinking Tennessee for a dark horse this year because I think it may come down to the winner of their game versus Florida and I can't bring myself to believe in Urban Meyer's Gators. At best I hope he has nothing more than a Ty Wilingham experience.

Go Hoos! (And yes, they will be an above average team at best this year.)
Dark horse?  With being ranked #2 pre-season?  Come again.

They are ranked #2 preseason? I did not know that. I have looked into UT since I made that comment and have seen that they have a brutal schedule. Look for them to finish between 9 and 18 at the end of the season.

On another note, Wyatt Sexton, wtf?

I am not sure whether this is funny or serious, but this explanation was
given on Warchant.com:

"Now to the original intent. I am merely repeating other posters who
were discussing a news report by WCTV. This has supposedly already
been on Channel 9. Wyatt was taken to the Psychiatric ward of TMH
after reportedly laying in the street and jumping on cars and yelling.
When approached and asked who he was he allegedly responded that
he was the "son of God." Supposedly, the police had to pepper spray
him to subdue him. He was placed on indefinite suspension, but I'm not
sure if it was related to this incident or something else that reportedly
happened two weeks ago. Apparently the team was not aware, becuase
Matt Meinrod was trying to talk WS into coming to summer workouts.
Please don't take my info at face value...do some research and verify
everything for yourself."

Nole, what is going on down there?

Ummmmmmmmm. Hum. Don't know what to say to that. Really.

Sounds like he was at Bonaroo and I would say he was on what most people at Bonaroo are on. Or at least a lot of them.

Looks like it is Xavier now. Oh well. I did not have that much faith in Sexton to begin with. Looks like that was well founded. Well. Unless he really is God...  ;)

Doesn't matter. I could be QB this year. All you have to do is know how to hand off to Booker and Washington.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2005, 01:11:55 PM »
I'm thinking Tennessee for a dark horse this year because I think it may come down to the winner of their game versus Florida and I can't bring myself to believe in Urban Meyer's Gators. At best I hope he has nothing more than a Ty Wilingham experience.

They are ranked #2 preseason? I did not know that. I have looked into UT since I made that comment and have seen that they have a brutal schedule. Look for them to finish between 9 and 18 at the end of the season.

given on Warchant.com:

Worst case scenario - top 10 finish.  UT is stacked this year at EVERY position.  Best wide receiver corps in the nation.  Three deep at QB (with the nation's top QB recruit on third string).  It's gonna be on bitches.  Dark horse my ass!

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2005, 01:28:21 PM »

given on Warchant.com:

Worst case scenario - top 10 finish.  UT is stacked this year at EVERY position.  Best wide receiver corps in the nation.  Three deep at QB (with the nation's top QB recruit on third string).  It's gonna be on bitches.  Dark horse my ass!

I hope we meet in the championship game  USC v UT

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2005, 02:29:18 PM »

given on Warchant.com:

I hope we meet in the championship game  USC v UT
that would be fun.  although i suspect usc won't make it that far this year.

Intuition

• We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2005, 03:56:21 PM »

given on Warchant.com:

It's called 'Lack of Institutional Control' in NCAA legalese.  ;D

« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2005, 07:11:17 PM »
OSU will not be good. If they beat Texas it means nothing because Mack Brown cannot beat a good team. If they lose it's over. It does not matter because UM owns them anyway.

The '97 UM national championship was terrible. The officials screwed up the clock and denied Wash St. a chance to win the game on the final play. The odds may not have been in their favor but they deserved a chance.

USC may dominate this year but they will never be considered to be that great a team. Every Rocky needs an Apollo and USC plays in a JV conference.

UM dominates OSU?  Just like in 2001 when we were underdogs?  or 2002 when we were national champs? or this year when we were HUGE underdogs, which was by the way a severe beating.

« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2005, 07:35:12 PM »
97 .

and we have 7 of them.

you guys have 5, right?

no doubt. I enjoyed all the fans coming to our stadium this year holding roses, only to see their mighty rose bowl team lose their final two games. Aren't you guys tired of losing to us recently? i mean 3 out of the last 4 years has to get tough on you guys. I would live in the past too if that was how we were faring lately.

what are you talking about "how we were faring lately"?

2003 big ten conference champs

2004 big ten conference co-champs

It takes more than one win to make a good season, kid.

and again, quit being a male private part.

(he can't help it Nole, he has a moral obligation to hate all things Blue.  As a true OSU fan, it's in his blood.)

OUTSTANDING!! Do all Wolverines read at a third grade level or is that just you?  I clearly stated that I was talking about you losing to us 3 out of the last 4 times.  Twice we were large underdogs.  You guys got so lucky that you were still able to go to the Rose Bowl.  What a pathetic performance.  And don't hang on to a national championship that you won almost a decade ago.  You came back to me with that like I was supposed to be impressed. 

Nolegirl:  Nugent kicked a lot of last second field goals in our last five wins I guess: 33-7 v. Ok. St, 37-21 v. Michigan (just sad), 32-19 v. Mich. St., 21-10 Penn St., 30-7 Indiana.  I mean hell, I guess in the Oklahoma State game, he kicked like 8 or 9 game winning field goals.  Also, I don't remember him kicking a game winner against Miami in '03.  I just remember Clarett diving into the endzone (Die Clarett!) and a bunch of Hurricanes whining to the official.

Yes, Nugent was our captain, and yes he was the most adored player in Columbus. I mean, what is your point to this argument?  So what if a kicker wins games for you, what the hell does it matter?  So if someone's running game is bad, is it sad that the quarterback has to bail the team out?  What does it say about the teams that lose to the team that has to be bailed out by the kicker?  I agree it was very embarrassing that he bailed us out of the Marshall game with a 57 yarder as time expired.  My point: we found offensive power in Ted Ginn and Zwick and Troy Smith down the stretch.  Enough to hang 37 on Mich and 33 on Ok. St.  Therefore ASN: we will contend this year.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2005, 06:23:15 AM »
Yes, Nugent was our captain, and yes he was the most adored player in Columbus. I mean, what is your point to this argument?  So what if a kicker wins games for you, what the hell does it matter?  So if someone's running game is bad, is it sad that the quarterback has to bail the team out?  What does it say about the teams that lose to the team that has to be bailed out by the kicker?  I agree it was very embarrassing that he bailed us out of the Marshall game with a 57 yarder as time expired.  My point: we found offensive power in Ted Ginn and Zwick and Troy Smith down the stretch.  Enough to hang 37 on Mich and 33 on Ok. St.  Therefore ASN: we will contend this year.

The UM defense rolled over its back like a broke hooker for Texas, so hanging many points on that defense does not impress me. Ok. St. is no defensive powerhouse either. Having said that, I think OSU could be a solid team this year.

And to the point that USC has beaten two powers the past two years, I will say they are traditional powers; however, each team has faired poorly in both of their respective bowl games the last two years. They were not as good as advertised because teams not called the Trojans beat them badly too, which adds to my point that they cannot be considered great because they play in a JV conference, so all they have done is beat a couple of good teams. Auburn did that just last year.

Merc

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2005, 07:25:13 AM »
97 .

and we have 7 of them.

you guys have 5, right?

no doubt. I enjoyed all the fans coming to our stadium this year holding roses, only to see their mighty rose bowl team lose their final two games. Aren't you guys tired of losing to us recently? i mean 3 out of the last 4 years has to get tough on you guys. I would live in the past too if that was how we were faring lately.

what are you talking about "how we were faring lately"?

2003 big ten conference champs

2004 big ten conference co-champs

It takes more than one win to make a good season, kid.

and again, quit being a male private part.

(he can't help it Nole, he has a moral obligation to hate all things Blue. As a true OSU fan, it's in his blood.)

OUTSTANDING!! Do all Wolverines read at a third grade level or is that just you? I clearly stated that I was talking about you losing to us 3 out of the last 4 times. Twice we were large underdogs. You guys got so lucky that you were still able to go to the Rose Bowl. What a pathetic performance. And don't hang on to a national championship that you won almost a decade ago. You came back to me with that like I was supposed to be impressed.

Nolegirl: Nugent kicked a lot of last second field goals in our last five wins I guess: 33-7 v. Ok. St, 37-21 v. Michigan (just sad), 32-19 v. Mich. St., 21-10 Penn St., 30-7 Indiana. I mean hell, I guess in the Oklahoma State game, he kicked like 8 or 9 game winning field goals. Also, I don't remember him kicking a game winner against Miami in '03. I just remember Clarett diving into the endzone (Die Clarett!) and a bunch of Hurricanes whining to the official.

Yes, Nugent was our captain, and yes he was the most adored player in Columbus. I mean, what is your point to this argument? So what if a kicker wins games for you, what the hell does it matter? So if someone's running game is bad, is it sad that the quarterback has to bail the team out? What does it say about the teams that lose to the team that has to be bailed out by the kicker? I agree it was very embarrassing that he bailed us out of the Marshall game with a 57 yarder as time expired. My point: we found offensive power in Ted Ginn and Zwick and Troy Smith down the stretch. Enough to hang 37 on Mich and 33 on Ok. St. Therefore ASN: we will contend this year.

nice.  OSU's new motto:  "we won the battle, lost the war, and we're okay with that."

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2005, 10:41:49 AM »
Wait. ASN are you comparing Auburn's season last year to USC's? I am confused. There is not even any comparision between the SEC and the Pac 10. Winning the SEC is harder than winning any other conference. Winning the Pac 10 is like playing a bunch of HS teams and one or two D2 teams.