College Football

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: College Football
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2005, 06:17:56 AM »
This board is full of haters. 

WHen will USC get the credit it deserves for being the newest dynasty? 

We will destroy all opponents this year with the most potent offense ever seen in college football.

55-19 b*tches

USC is the best team in college football, but it wont last forever.  Arrogance has set in

Exactly. And we are not haters. But the think that your team will rule forever is the kiss of death. You get arrogant, your fans become complacent, and everyone you play is gunning for you. USC had a great team the past couple of years and will have a good one this year. But you have two big obstacles to overcome: 1) you have gotten used to winning and you may take that for granted and 2) you do not play a lot of very good teams on your regular schedule which will eventually catch up to you. It is possible that USC will over come these, plus the loss of a HUGE part of their team in Norm Chow, but I doubt it. And, hey, in the end we all just want to see a great season of college football! ;D

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2005, 06:18:31 AM »
I hope Jeffy stays with FSU for another 25 years. :D

:P

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2005, 06:19:54 AM »
97 .

and we have 7 of them.

you guys have 5, right?

And I think they were all won on the foot of the kicker. I mean, where would OSU be without their main offensive force?!

Merc

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2005, 06:24:22 AM »
97 .

and we have 7 of them.

you guys have 5, right?

no doubt. I enjoyed all the fans coming to our stadium this year holding roses, only to see their mighty rose bowl team lose their final two games. Aren't you guys tired of losing to us recently? i mean 3 out of the last 4 years has to get tough on you guys. I would live in the past too if that was how we were faring lately.

what are you talking about "how we were faring lately"?

2003 big ten conference champs

2004 big ten conference co-champs

It takes more than one win to make a good season, kid.

and again, quit being a male private part.

(he can't help it Nole, he has a moral obligation to hate all things Blue.  As a true OSU fan, it's in his blood.)

ASNetlenov

« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2005, 06:27:54 AM »
OSU will not be good. If they beat Texas it means nothing because Mack Brown cannot beat a good team. If they lose it's over. It does not matter because UM owns them anyway.

The '97 UM national championship was terrible. The officials screwed up the clock and denied Wash St. a chance to win the game on the final play. The odds may not have been in their favor but they deserved a chance.

USC may dominate this year but they will never be considered to be that great a team. Every Rocky needs an Apollo and USC plays in a JV conference.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2005, 06:29:36 AM »
97 .

and we have 7 of them.

you guys have 5, right?

no doubt. I enjoyed all the fans coming to our stadium this year holding roses, only to see their mighty rose bowl team lose their final two games. Aren't you guys tired of losing to us recently? i mean 3 out of the last 4 years has to get tough on you guys. I would live in the past too if that was how we were faring lately.

what are you talking about "how we were faring lately"?

2003 big ten conference champs

2004 big ten conference co-champs

It takes more than one win to make a good season, kid.

and again, quit being a male private part.

(he can't help it Nole, he has a moral obligation to hate all things Blue.  As a true OSU fan, it's in his blood.)

I understand. I have a moral obligation to hate all things blue and orange. AND orange and green.  :P

Abevigoda

• You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2005, 06:30:42 AM »
SWAC is clearly number 1.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2005, 10:36:22 AM »
I'm thinking Tennessee for a dark horse this year because I think it may come down to the winner of their game versus Florida and I can't bring myself to believe in Urban Meyer's Gators. At best I hope he has nothing more than a Ty Wilingham experience.

Go Hoos! (And yes, they will be an above average team at best this year.)
Dark horse?  With being ranked #2 pre-season?  Come again.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2005, 10:43:24 AM »
I'm thinking Tennessee for a dark horse this year because I think it may come down to the winner of their game versus Florida and I can't bring myself to believe in Urban Meyer's Gators. At best I hope he has nothing more than a Ty Wilingham experience.

Go Hoos! (And yes, they will be an above average team at best this year.)
Dark horse?  With being ranked #2 pre-season?  Come again.

They are ranked #2 preseason? I did not know that. I have looked into UT since I made that comment and have seen that they have a brutal schedule. Look for them to finish between 9 and 18 at the end of the season.

On another note, Wyatt Sexton, wtf?

I am not sure whether this is funny or serious, but this explanation was
given on Warchant.com:

"Now to the original intent. I am merely repeating other posters who
were discussing a news report by WCTV. This has supposedly already
been on Channel 9. Wyatt was taken to the Psychiatric ward of TMH
after reportedly laying in the street and jumping on cars and yelling.
When approached and asked who he was he allegedly responded that
he was the "son of God." Supposedly, the police had to pepper spray
him to subdue him. He was placed on indefinite suspension, but I'm not
sure if it was related to this incident or something else that reportedly
happened two weeks ago. Apparently the team was not aware, becuase
Matt Meinrod was trying to talk WS into coming to summer workouts.
Please don't take my info at face value...do some research and verify
everything for yourself."

Nole, what is going on down there?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2005, 12:37:31 PM »
OSU will not be good. If they beat Texas it means nothing because Mack Brown cannot beat a good team. If they lose it's over. It does not matter because UM owns them anyway.

The '97 UM national championship was terrible. The officials screwed up the clock and denied Wash St. a chance to win the game on the final play. The odds may not have been in their favor but they deserved a chance.

USC may dominate this year but they will never be considered to be that great a team. Every Rocky needs an Apollo and USC plays in a JV conference.
This year USC is the best, no question.  What we need to do is destroy another great college football program like we did UM and OU. 

On a different note, UCLA is playing OU this year.  My friends were talking about going decked out in USC gear and booing EVERYONE!  haha ;D