Law School Discussion

College Football

ASNetlenov

Re: College Football
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2005, 12:20:36 PM »
I'm thinking Tennessee for a dark horse this year because I think it may come down to the winner of their game versus Florida and I can't bring myself to believe in Urban Meyer's Gators. At best I hope he has nothing more than a Ty Wilingham experience.

Go Hoos! (And yes, they will be an above average team at best this year.)

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2005, 12:24:34 PM »
The best thing about college football is that you never know. This season is going to be great. Lots of coaching changes, etc. Can't wait!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2005, 12:27:56 PM »
Only a few more months until the bliss of college football games in the fall. I really screwed up by not getting into a law school with the appropriate level of football. Damn. At least I was smart enough to do it for undergrad.

I guess I can watch the Rams next year...it's just not the same.

Anyone know the closest decent college football to St. Louis?

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2005, 12:31:53 PM »
Hmmmm. Tough one. That was actually one of my criteria but looks like I will be headed to a school with a very mediocre team.  :'(

But I will be making several trips to Tally and that is why God made ESPN Game Plan.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2005, 12:37:35 PM »
Aren't you going to Alabama or something like that? Yeah, they aren't very good.

I am very thankful for gameplan, which even allows you to buy individual weeks, which will probably work best for me. And I have XM radio with ACC games, so I should be ok even in another time zone. I had XM last year and it was a lifesaver. One of my college buddies lived in Colorado this past fall, and XM served him well too.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2005, 12:39:16 PM »
Not lookin too good on the Bama front (have not heard anything) so it looks like Wake or Tulane. Good schools. Not so good football.

I was just about to mention my XM. It was my favorite thing last year when they started putting the ACC games on. What a great thing! I love my XM.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2005, 01:14:54 PM »
And Leinhart is pissed he did not go to the NFL this year. Aren't a lot of the USC players getting arrested this year? And by a lot, I mean a lot even for a college football program.  :D
no, guy.  leinart voluntarily CHOSE to stay at USC.  imagine what kind of school USC must be for a person to chose it over the NFL and 50million dollars... hmm. 
There is no way that USC gets beaten; even our punter is the best in the nation :)

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2005, 01:30:07 PM »
Does this seem like a stupid idea to anyone else?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7828822/

« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2005, 02:02:39 PM »
Does this seem like a stupid idea to anyone else?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7828822/

I'm making a generalization, and if you're asian, don't take offense...but on the whole, asians do not have the body types to be good football players...or to be developed into NFL material. The only asian NFL player I know of is Dat Nguyen (Vietnamese I believe) who is an average linebacker. There are many asians who are great athletes who can dominate many "olympic style" sports...but football just isn't one of them. It's a big project, and if it can catch on over there, that would be great...but like soccer in the US, it's kinda a lost cause.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2005, 06:36:05 AM »
And Leinhart is pissed he did not go to the NFL this year. Aren't a lot of the USC players getting arrested this year? And by a lot, I mean a lot even for a college football program.  :D
no, guy.  leinart voluntarily CHOSE to stay at USC.  imagine what kind of school USC must be for a person to chose it over the NFL and 50million dollars... hmm. 
There is no way that USC gets beaten; even our punter is the best in the nation :)
Listen, chief. Sorry had to. Leinhart has made lots of noise since the departure of the offensive coordinator. The same way I do not assume someone is a bad person for leaving early, I will not assume Leinhart is a good one because he chose to stay. He is going #1 regardless, so who knows what he is thinking.

The law of averages is working against USC. Granted, their offense is just plain narsty. But they are due for a loss. As I said in an earlier post, the Miami teams of a few years ago had a lot more talent and they lost even though the Big East was not the strongest conference. USC has had an impressive run but it will not last forever. I just think this year they will lose. I also am thinking that every other good team will lose at least once too, so to the Rose Bowl it is for the Trojans. And even I was impressed that their backup QB was drafted.