Law School Discussion

College Football

finko

Re: College Football
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2005, 06:03:48 PM »
The best part was when I visited the school I was asking about how tough it was to get tickets. They said it was really tough, after about five minutes I realized they were talking about basketball...

Yeah he did win up there, but jesus I don't think I could handle another 8 win season.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2005, 06:28:52 AM »
The best part was when I visited the school I was asking about how tough it was to get tickets. They said it was really tough, after about five minutes I realized they were talking about basketball...

Yeah he did win up there, but jesus I don't think I could handle another 8 win season.

HAHA! That has happened to me before. When I think of college sports, I think about football. Basketball does not even cross my mind. But you are going to Hoosier country so I guess you better get used to it!  ;D

Donkey

• Where's the beef?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2005, 11:35:12 AM »
Basketball is a terrible sport in comparison to football, which is the one true college sport, especially with all of the high school talent's going to the NBA.

USC will be upset this year. The question is whether they will make the championship game in spite of this loss. I think the Big 10 is due to put a good team out there. If a team can dominate the ACC, it will make the championship game too.

official2008

• London Jazz Cafe
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2005, 12:18:02 PM »
Basketball is a terrible sport in comparison to football, which is the one true college sport, especially with all of the high school talent's going to the NBA.

USC will be upset this year. The question is whether they will make the championship game in spite of this loss. I think the Big 10 is due to put a good team out there. If a team can dominate the ACC, it will make the championship game too.

that's just it. dominating the ACC is pretty much impossible now. especially with all recruiting that's going on. most of the teams are just going to cancel each other out.

Donkey

• Where's the beef?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2005, 12:21:32 PM »
This is true, but I think it will sort itself out like it has in the SEC. The ACC's talent is comprable to the SEC now (see 36 draft picks vs. 37) and it should follow a similar pattern.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2005, 01:06:15 PM »

Look here - Who is going to upset USC?  You must be crazy!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »

Look here - Who is going to upset USC?  You must be crazy!
I agree that USC is going to be upset this year. They are the most talented team in the country by far. I do not think they are as talented as those Miami teams a few years ago, and even they had a hard time going undefeated regularly. USC has the advantage of playing in the PAC 10, which is a joke, but everyone will be gunning for them every game. They are bound to have a bad game with lots of turnovers at some point.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2005, 10:57:18 AM »
I agree. Playing an easy schedule is going to catch up with them eventually. Not that they are not talented but between being cocky due to past success and not having many challenges during the year, their guard will be down. You have to keep you self challenged in order to prevent getting complacent.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2005, 12:09:49 PM »
And Leinhart is pissed he did not go to the NFL this year. Aren't a lot of the USC players getting arrested this year? And by a lot, I mean a lot even for a college football program.  :D

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2005, 12:11:37 PM »
And Leinhart is pissed he did not go to the NFL this year. Aren't a lot of the USC players getting arrested this year? And by a lot, I mean a lot even for a college football program.  :D

Good point  :D