Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 199168 times)

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
  • Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4570 on: July 15, 2008, 03:31:17 AM »
USC is always great. As a player, I'm sure it's hard to turn down luxurious condos and fancy cars. 

It's funny cuz it's true. Anyone who says college athletes don't get paid hasn't been to USC. Kids who grow up in Compton don't magically have enough money to buy an Escalade one year into college.

dsetterl

« Reply #4571 on: July 15, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
Well, cars are really easy to explain away. Car company's will lease a car to college athletes with no payments during their college careers. After they leave someone (some booster) will pay it off when they go pro. Do you know how much stuff they get during bowl season. Also on away games they get like a 200 dollar allowance. Awesome.

*devo*

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: July 17, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »
Actually, a lot of scholarship athletes receive extra money from the school that could be used for a car, not an Escalade but a nice car nevertheless.  My brother was recruited by a PAC-10 team and they boasted that in addition to his free tuition, his scholarship amounted to an extra $1100/month for entertainment and housing.  The coach said many players rent a home off campus so after rent they still have $800-900 for car payments, nice clothes, etc.

*devo*

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: August 01, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »
The official USA Today coaches' poll came out today

1. Georgia
2. Southern Cal
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida

I am not surprised by Georgia's ranking, but I expected USC to be #3 behind OSU or #4 behind Florida.

See the full ranking here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

dsetterl

« Reply #4574 on: August 01, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »
Ohio State sucks. I can't wait for the OSU vs USC game tho.

WashLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4575 on: August 02, 2008, 06:26:42 PM »
Ohio State sucks. I can't wait for the OSU vs USC game tho.
OSU v. USC=Greatest game ever!
Go Bucks! (you know we're gonna win this year)

dsetterl

« Reply #4576 on: August 03, 2008, 01:13:10 PM »
 I can't decide which team I hate more USC or OSU. Those conferences really need to step up and have a championship game.

*devo*

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: August 04, 2008, 02:26:21 AM »
USC will crush OSU and OSU will still manage to get back into the top 5 simply because the Big Ten is weak.

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
  • Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: August 04, 2008, 06:23:28 AM »
USC will crush OSU and OSU will still manage to get back into the top 5 simply because the Big Ten is weak.

USC is incredibly overrated going into this season. I have a feeling OSU is going to blow them out.

*devo*

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: August 04, 2008, 01:39:24 PM »

USC is incredibly overrated going into this season. I have a feeling OSU is going to blow them out.

That's what makes the USC vs OSU game so compelling, everyone thinks one or both teams is overrated.

I any team is overrated it is Ohio State and here's why: every other year Ohio State makes it to a title game and then gets blown away.  I was so mad that they snuck into the title game last year, even though they had a weak schedule, and then they get killed.

I am really excited for such a hyped game so early in the season.