Law School Discussion

College Football

140am

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2005, 04:20:08 PM »
What they should do is eliminate one non-conference game from everyone's schedule and get rid of those pointless conference championship games. Who the hell wants to see Iowa State play Oklahoma for the Big 12 championship anyway? Put in an 8 team playoff and then see who the true national champion is. USC was tough, but would they have beaten Auburn?
Also, I dont get why everyone rags on the Big 10. Ok, it's not the most exciting conference to watch (i.e. Last year's Iowa 6 PSU 4) offensively, but they do play defense. And look at last year's bowl games: Ohio State 33 - Okla St 7 (should have beaten Okla), Minnesota 20 - Alabama 16...Iowa over LSU...Georgia was supposed to be great and could barely beat Wisc, and Texas over Michigan by 1. All I know is that if you stuck Michigan or Iowa in against USC, they wouldn't have put up 55 points. I'd rather see a defensive battle anyday over an offensive explosion and a defensive sh*tshow.
And you can say I'm hitting the pipe as well...but next year's sleeper will be Penn State. Returning the whole defense, not to mention we actually have a mobile quarterback with an arm, and Williams and King look unbelievable. Look out in 06 too.

Yes.  PSU will win no fewer than 8 this season.  Yes.  I cannot wait.

The secondary is going to prove that they are amongst the national elite, not just because the only play is to run against PSU, but because they are talented.  The D line is the most experienced in the Big 10.  Robinson will be OK, but not phenomenal, at least he has had significant playing time.  Without Zack Mills creating 4+ turnovers ON HIS OWN every game, all those 3 and 7 point losses become PSU wins.  We've been just a step away for a while.  This year we take a few steps.

Um, not to speak of Tony Hunt, Austin Scott, Williams and King.

It's a complete team for the first time since when we sent 5 guys in the first round 3 years ago.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2005, 04:26:43 PM »
Nole girl, you seem to really know your stuff.  That's cool!  I still think your football team sucks but its always a good rivalry.  I see that you are a staunch believer in nole football but you have got to see the writing on the wall.  UF will dominate the state for the next ten years or so Miami will beat you all most of the time and Va Tech will always beat you.  The disparities in coaching in the ACC are vast.  Beamer is the #1 coach in your conference with Larry Coker being #2 and Bobby Bowden being #3.  The picture seems a little dim for y'all.  LOL :'( :'( :'(

Please. I agree beamer is good. Coker?! Please. He has a team full of criminals and punks. he has been lucky to get some great talent (mostly because all the punks out there know they can go to Miami and not get kicked off for their infractions.) But the minute they start getting challenged, they are done. They coasted easily in the Big East for years with their only tests being out of conference games. Give them a few years in a real conference and see how great you think he is. Beamer has been at Va Tech for a while and he deserves credit for many of their successes. And, in case you missed it, Bobby is the winningest coach in D1 college football. Ever.Have I already said this? Oh well. Must have missed it. He took a crappy team and turned them into a national powerhouse. Have any of those other coaches come CLOSE to doing that? I don;t think so. He is the heart and soul of Seminole football. What other coach is that to their program? Maybe Paterno. Maybe Beamer. These are coaches who have built their team. THAT is what makes a great coach. W/L records from year to year count very little against the big picture.

What do you mean "maybe Paterno"?  Paterno is the original team=coach=team=school=team=coach=team coach.

Joe Paterno is Penn State, on and off the field.  Joe Paterno is not the problem with the football program, either -- it's feminine hygiene product, heartless players.

That said, he does develop QBs terribly.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2005, 06:47:07 AM »
I agree about Joe Pa. Let the man stay as long as he likes. He has plenty of assistant coaches to help him out if he needs it. I do not think the downfall of Penn State can be blamed on him.

We have Washington and Booker. I actually think I like Washington better that I liked Jones, though Jones was a bad ass. Washington makes smarter decisions and works well as a team with Booker. They are both good backs.

I remember that NC (I think it was UNC, right?) game with the helmet. I remember bein like DAAAAAMN!

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2005, 06:57:51 AM »
come on buddy... what about Pete Carrol?  not only a champion but i also hear he makes a delicious quiche

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2005, 07:06:42 AM »
come on buddy... what about Pete Carrol?  not only a champion but i also hear he makes a delicious quiche

:D

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2005, 01:14:40 PM »
*reviving*

because, really, what better thing to talk about than college football?!

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2005, 02:14:30 PM »
I agree!  Lets talk about how dominant the Trojans will be this year.

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2005, 11:31:14 PM »
Well, they should have their way with the Pac-10 this year :(

Damn Leinart staying in school! He would have left U$C and given the 49ers a dominant #1 QB. Doesn't he know how overrated college is and that $$$ is all that really matters ;)

At least UCLA has a good QB coming in to replace Drew Olsen. :)

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2005, 06:36:31 AM »
I agree!  Lets talk about how dominant the Trojans will be this year.

Please. It is easy to be dominant when you play basically no one all year. The Trojans basically have to win 2-3 games a year against teams that are maybe worth a damn. Not to say they are not talented or a good team. But I don't think they deserve all the hype when they play no one...

TheMick

• stop callin' me radio
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2005, 07:51:40 AM »
I heard the Gators are 1-0 at Bobby Bowdin field...