Law School Discussion

College Football

ASNetlenov

Re: College Football
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2005, 10:28:08 AM »
It's a good thing USC plays in the Pac 10 or they might be doing a good job of offing themselves this season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/arash_markazi/04/22/college.blog/index.html

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2005, 10:32:24 AM »
The Big Ten is just as competitive as the ACC.  If I'm not mistakened Ohio State has beaten both Miami and NC State.  Its not that often an ACC team beats a Big Ten team.  We Gators have even struggled with Michigan and Iowa in bowl games.  The ACC does have 3 good teams, Va Tech, Miami and sorry FSU.  But of late, none of them have really been worthy of bcs bowl games.  I believe even FSU had some trouble with West VA of all teams last year in Jacksonville.  And that leads me to another point.  FSU, you have to play a conference championship game now.  Wow!  You can kiss the ACC bye bye.  To all the Buckeye haters out there, don't hate the playa hate the game.  The Buckeyes have legacy and tradition just as the Gators.  You can't beat that with a ten foot pole.  LOL.  And yes it is THE Ohio State and now it is THE University of Florida.  Hell, Miami refers to themselves as The U.  How arrogant is that?  Just the same it is THE Free Shoes University.  LOL  ;D ;D :'(   

Ok. The Free Shoes University thing is pretty funny. But don't get me started on how many other teams' players have done the EXACT same thing. But I digress...

We did not have trouble with WVU. I was at that game. We had it the whole time. And I am excited about a championship game. That way, no matter what, the winner of the division is clear. Sure we won't win it every year but at least when we do win it it will be a clear victory. And as far as Big 10 teams beating ACC teams, that is not a fair indicator of which conference is better. That is one team in one game. And a bowl game at that. You have to look at the conference as a whole. And any team can have a bad game or a great game on any given Saturday.

And by the way, FSU has only lost to a Big Ten team once. They have beaten Big Ten teams 7 times.

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2005, 10:38:40 AM »
Nole girl, you seem to really know your stuff.  That's cool!  I still think your football team sucks but its always a good rivalry.  I see that you are a staunch believer in nole football but you have got to see the writing on the wall.  UF will dominate the state for the next ten years or so Miami will beat you all most of the time and Va Tech will always beat you.  The disparities in coaching in the ACC are vast.  Beamer is the #1 coach in your conference with Larry Coker being #2 and Bobby Bowden being #3.  The picture seems a little dim for y'all.  LOL :'( :'( :'(

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2005, 10:38:53 AM »

what???
 are you kidding me?

USC dominated OU and would have beaten the holy hell out of AU and anyone else.
 55-19 b*itches

You guys were good, I'll give you that...but the only good teams you played all year were Cal who was overrated, Arizona State who was also overrated, a streaky Notre Dame team at best...and Oklahoma who you stomped. I'd like to see USC schedule some decent non-conference games than cruise along all year in the #1 position against weak PAC-10 teams.

we can agree to disagree but i think that 55-19 against the concensus #2 leaves no doubt in my mind that no one could hold a candle to them last year.

plus we have the best athletes in the country in leinart, byrd, bush, smith, jarret, and ... get this malone, a punter who averages 50 yards a kick

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2005, 11:17:26 AM »
Nole girl, you seem to really know your stuff.  That's cool!  I still think your football team sucks but its always a good rivalry.  I see that you are a staunch believer in nole football but you have got to see the writing on the wall.  UF will dominate the state for the next ten years or so Miami will beat you all most of the time and Va Tech will always beat you.  The disparities in coaching in the ACC are vast.  Beamer is the #1 coach in your conference with Larry Coker being #2 and Bobby Bowden being #3.  The picture seems a little dim for y'all.  LOL :'( :'( :'(

Please. I agree beamer is good. Coker?! Please. He has a team full of criminals and punks. he has been lucky to get some great talent (mostly because all the punks out there know they can go to Miami and not get kicked off for their infractions.) But the minute they start getting challenged, they are done. They coasted easily in the Big East for years with their only tests being out of conference games. Give them a few years in a real conference and see how great you think he is. Beamer has been at Va Tech for a while and he deserves credit for many of their successes. And, in case you missed it, Bobby is the winningest coach in D1 college football. Ever.Have I already said this? Oh well. Must have missed it. He took a crappy team and turned them into a national powerhouse. Have any of those other coaches come CLOSE to doing that? I don;t think so. He is the heart and soul of Seminole football. What other coach is that to their program? Maybe Paterno. Maybe Beamer. These are coaches who have built their team. THAT is what makes a great coach. W/L records from year to year count very little against the big picture.

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2005, 11:36:36 AM »
And, in case you missed it, Bobby is the winningest coach in D1 college football.

Nolegirl, i agree with mostly everything except Bowden won like 30 games at Samford which is Division 1 AA. I dont think that should count towards the overall total. He's a great coach, and will most likely hold on longer than Joe, but right now, gotta stick with Paterno on this one :)

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2005, 11:39:07 AM »
And, in case you missed it, Bobby is the winningest coach in D1 college football.

Nolegirl, i agree with mostly everything except Bowden won like 30 games at Samford which is Division 1 AA. I dont think that should count towards the overall total. He's a great coach, and will most likely hold on longer than Joe, but right now, gotta stick with Paterno on this one :)

touche  ;D

ASNetlenov

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2005, 12:16:32 PM »
Speaking of Paterno, anyone know when he is going to retire? After this year? The man was great but this is getting a little silly.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2005, 12:17:50 PM »
Yeah. I love ole Joe Pa but I think it is time for him to go. At least Bobby's team still wins games.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2005, 12:30:45 PM »
Bobby had a rough stretch relative to his standards but he rebounded nicely. As long as he keeps getting players like Simms, he'll be just fine. That is one scary linebacker. I think he is better than Ahmad Brooks, and I'm a UVa fan.