College Football

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: College Football
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2005, 08:55:26 AM »
 :D

see this is why the smart conferences just use words, not numbers ;)

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2005, 09:17:48 AM »
:D

see this is why the smart conferences just use words, not numbers ;)

Well, maybe if you subtract Miami...anyone who can spell their own name and catch a football is worthy of playing for Larry Coker.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2005, 09:25:49 AM »
SO SO true. i forget that they are now included when i talk about the ACC.  :(

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2005, 10:08:05 AM »
One of their most highly touted recruits had something like 13 misdemeanors and 2-3 felony convictions...and I think they said Frank Gore scored a 7 on the Wonderlic test...it's pretty pathetic and it gives them a HUGE recruiting edge. If you were an excellent athlete, possibly bound for the pros, and dumb as dogsh*t...would you rather play for a school that makes you go to class and maintain a decent GPA, or head over to miami where you can pick some easy, BS major.. and all that matters is how you perform on the field. It's almost like going to high school all over again...except you get to play on national tv in front of huge crowds.

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2005, 10:08:43 AM »
The Big Ten is just as competitive as the ACC.  If I'm not mistakened Ohio State has beaten both Miami and NC State.  Its not that often an ACC team beats a Big Ten team.  We Gators have even struggled with Michigan and Iowa in bowl games.  The ACC does have 3 good teams, Va Tech, Miami and sorry FSU.  But of late, none of them have really been worthy of bcs bowl games.  I believe even FSU had some trouble with West VA of all teams last year in Jacksonville.  And that leads me to another point.  FSU, you have to play a conference championship game now.  Wow!  You can kiss the ACC bye bye.  To all the Buckeye haters out there, don't hate the playa hate the game.  The Buckeyes have legacy and tradition just as the Gators.  You can't beat that with a ten foot pole.  LOL.  And yes it is THE Ohio State and now it is THE University of Florida.  Hell, Miami refers to themselves as The U.  How arrogant is that?  Just the same it is THE Free Shoes University.  LOL  ;D ;D :'(  

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2005, 10:10:10 AM »
What they should do is eliminate one non-conference game from everyone's schedule and get rid of those pointless conference championship games. Who the hell wants to see Iowa State play Oklahoma for the Big 12 championship anyway? Put in an 8 team playoff and then see who the true national champion is. USC was tough, but would they have beaten Auburn?
Also, I dont get why everyone rags on the Big 10. Ok, it's not the most exciting conference to watch (i.e. Last year's Iowa 6 PSU 4) offensively, but they do play defense. And look at last year's bowl games: Ohio State 33 - Okla St 7 (should have beaten Okla), Minnesota 20 - Alabama 16...Iowa over LSU...Georgia was supposed to be great and could barely beat Wisc, and Texas over Michigan by 1. All I know is that if you stuck Michigan or Iowa in against USC, they wouldn't have put up 55 points. I'd rather see a defensive battle anyday over an offensive explosion and a defensive sh*tshow.
And you can say I'm hitting the pipe as well...but next year's sleeper will be Penn State. Returning the whole defense, not to mention we actually have a mobile quarterback with an arm, and Williams and King look unbelievable. Look out in 06 too.

what???
 are you kidding me?

USC dominated OU and would have beaten the holy hell out of AU and anyone else.
 55-19 b*itches

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2005, 10:12:01 AM »
USC Should have lost to Va Tech that first game!!!  There is no way you can dispute that.  Though you still are a formidable opponent.  UF will meet you "Trojan men" at the Championship game.  We are a far cry from that sorry LSU team you beat before!!!    ;D

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
USC Should have lost to Va Tech that first game!!!  There is no way you can dispute that.  Though you still are a formidable opponent.  UF will meet at the Championship game.  We are a far cry from that sorry LSU team you beat before!!!    ;D

woulda shoulda coulda bblah blah blah ;D

the fact is that USC did not lose because they were the superior team in an extremely hostile environment.

every skill player on our current offense can make a one handed grab and has done so numerously in the past.. can you say that about UF?

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2005, 10:17:20 AM »
C'mon lets be serious.  Our wide receivers are as gifted as anyone on your sorry squad.  Wait until we meet at the Championship game.  Your sure to go back.  Its not like you play anyone worthwhile.  Maybe you'll have some competition out of your conference!   ??? ;D

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2005, 10:26:13 AM »

what???
 are you kidding me?

USC dominated OU and would have beaten the holy hell out of AU and anyone else.
 55-19 b*itches

You guys were good, I'll give you that...but the only good teams you played all year were Cal who was overrated, Arizona State who was also overrated, a streaky Notre Dame team at best...and Oklahoma who you stomped. I'd like to see USC schedule some decent non-conference games than cruise along all year in the #1 position against weak PAC-10 teams.