Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 200016 times)

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4490 on: January 07, 2008, 11:57:02 PM »
LSU whipped that ASS

conoroberst

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4491 on: January 08, 2008, 04:37:59 AM »
Next year is going to be so f-ing good.

Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, and Ohio State should all be juggernauts next year. West Virginia and USC should be just a notch below. Michigan, LSU, and Missouri should be solid top 10 teams. And you always have Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, and Va Tech hanging around.

Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Va -we dont EVER beat top 25 teams- Tech...? Texas Tech should be ahead of all of those next year.

h2xblive

« Reply #4492 on: January 08, 2008, 07:24:59 AM »
Anyone else think Senator Sweatervest is still a good coach?  ::)

deano

• View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 08, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »

Everyone loses a big one now and then, I think people in/from Columbus (myself included) either do or should simply remember the Cooper years (bad in bowls AND, more importantly, against Michigan), and take really awesome against Michigan (6-1!) and not too shabby in bowls (4-3 in all bowls, 3-2 in BCS bowls; against that kind of competition, it's still pretty good).

h2xblive

« Reply #4494 on: January 08, 2008, 03:49:39 PM »

Everyone loses a big one now and then, I think people in/from Columbus (myself included) either do or should simply remember the Cooper years (bad in bowls AND, more importantly, against Michigan), and take really awesome against Michigan (6-1!) and not too shabby in bowls (4-3 in all bowls, 3-2 in BCS bowls; against that kind of competition, it's still pretty good).

What big games has he won?  The national title game against Miami?  That championship should have arguable gone to Miami.  Wins against Michigan?  Who cares?  What good is winning the Big 10, only to get pounded into the ground in the game that really matters...twice.

Hey Tressel, ever heard the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me?"

As for you, VirusNY, I'd love to talk some smack, but apparently your Wolverines own my Gators (and most of the SEC) almost as badly as the SEC owns OSU.  I'm beginning to hate Michigan more than FSU!

deano

• View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 09, 2008, 12:37:18 AM »
For an Ohioan, OSU-Michigan is the one that matters, the bowl is just gravy.  And it's hard to argue that last year's #1 vs. #2 OSU-Michigan game, not to mention the #1 vs. #2 OSU-Texas game the same year, wasn't a big game.  I did mention, too, 3-2 in BCS bowl games (making him 3-0 until the last two admitted debacles), which, while they're not necessarily the national championship game, are obviously big games.

As for OSU-Miami, I have always found the argument that Miami should have won to be bizarre.  Yes, that flag was thrown late, but that doesn't make the call wrong.  If you watch the play over again, the penalty is clear, the ref is just slow.

h2xblive

« Reply #4496 on: January 10, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »
Any 2008 preseason ranking predictions?

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: April 20, 2008, 05:11:32 PM »
Any 2008 preseason ranking predictions?

aggie basketball will be ranked higher than aggie football.
we're all doomed!!!
hell is freezing over. that's the real cause of global warming

gatornation

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4498 on: April 20, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »
Georgia will start out ranked #1, and will stay there until the day after the cocktail party.
Vanderbilt Law Class of '11

h2xblive

« Reply #4499 on: April 20, 2008, 09:50:35 PM »
Georgia will start out ranked #1, and will stay there until the day after the cocktail party.

I like you.

Although, I have to see our defense before I'm willing to make such a bold prediction.