Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 197353 times)

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4170 on: June 08, 2007, 08:55:17 AM »
Our new unis are sweet looking, too bad we're still terrible at football

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: June 08, 2007, 02:53:42 PM »
Athlon Sports has UF ranked #6 preseason.  I don't get that.  They lost pretty much everyone.
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

jeeshsta

• View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: June 08, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »
This isn't about uniforms, but I was at the Holiday Bowl this year and Texas A & M fans are freaks.  WIERDEST performance/crowd participation ever. 

I went to College Station for an OU-Texas A&M game, and it's pretty intense.  I went to the Midnight Yell practice the night before the game with a buddy of mine who is a student there...and it really is a practice.  The "Yell Leaders" were having them practice a chant until they got it right.  Pretty crazy.  I also sat in the student section for the game, also pretty intense.
University of Oklahoma '10

letylyf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: June 08, 2007, 08:26:18 PM »
This isn't about uniforms, but I was at the Holiday Bowl this year and Texas A & M fans are freaks.  WIERDEST performance/crowd participation ever. 

I went to College Station for an OU-Texas A&M game, and it's pretty intense.  I went to the Midnight Yell practice the night before the game with a buddy of mine who is a student there...and it really is a practice.  The "Yell Leaders" were having them practice a chant until they got it right.  Pretty crazy.  I also sat in the student section for the game, also pretty intense.

The only time I saw A&M play they were losing 0-77. Not much in the way of displays of spirit. Also, A&M is not a cult... they're just hyper. Also... go Sooners.

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: June 09, 2007, 08:09:15 AM »
Athlon Sports has UF ranked #6 preseason.  I don't get that.  They lost pretty much everyone.

Theyre Florida, they dont rebuild, they reload... besides, Urban finally has his prototypical spread option QB he's wanted... the offense this year will be amazing.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: June 11, 2007, 09:59:24 AM »

that sounds awesome. Jer: everything it's cracked up to be?

oh, yeah, they love football in texas.
before football games they have midnight yell practice.
hey, it's something to do.
a&m is all about tradition.

especially the tradition of scoring in the stands when the team scores.
you can pretty much make out with random chicks when a&m scores if they aren't already there with a guy.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: June 11, 2007, 10:02:08 AM »
This isn't about uniforms, but I was at the Holiday Bowl this year and Texas A & M fans are freaks. WIERDEST performance/crowd participation ever.

I went to College Station for an OU-Texas A&M game, and it's pretty intense. I went to the Midnight Yell practice the night before the game with a buddy of mine who is a student there...and it really is a practice. The "Yell Leaders" were having them practice a chant until they got it right. Pretty crazy. I also sat in the student section for the game, also pretty intense.

The only time I saw A&M play they were losing 0-77. Not much in the way of displays of spirit. Also, A&M is not a cult... they're just hyper. Also... go Sooners.

you're buddies at TLS must be surprised at how well you fit in with us jerks over here at LSD

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: June 11, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »
jer, I'm really sad I'm leaving Miami and can't go to the A&M game in September.   :'(

Same here (about leaving the bay area). I think the first thing I do when I move will be planning a party for the Cal-Tennessee game.

I was looking into meeting the brit in Tallahassee for the Miami-FSU game, but a flight from South Florida to Tally that weekend is well over $400.  Flights from NYC were under $300.   :'(

I think I'll just come down for the Georgia Tech game, and I'm planning on going to the Oklahoma game.   ;D

I'm also gonna join the alumni network in NYC.  I read that they have game-watching parties. 

i'm willing to take the 7 hr drive to tally for the game, but i have a feeling scalped tix will run over $300. 

by the way, what do u guys think about a rutgers UG alum and football fan supporting the Canes as his #2 team cuz thats the home of his law school??  my ru buddies are giving me lots of greif.
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

Butters Stotch

• Sr. Citizen
  • Well you can all just go to heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: June 12, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »

Theyre Florida, they dont rebuild, they reload... besides, Urban finally has his prototypical spread option QB he's wanted... the offense this year will be amazing.

I'll make a sig bet with you or anyone else on this board that UF doesn't finish in the top 15.
I don't want to do it if it hurts or if it makes you get all sticky.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: June 12, 2007, 10:09:34 AM »
jer, I'm really sad I'm leaving Miami and can't go to the A&M game in September. :'(

i hope it's a good game
(meaning a&m wins)

you know i'll be thinking of you,
and will track you down if a&m actually wins!