Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 200081 times)

letylyf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3490 on: December 04, 2006, 01:34:54 AM »
only people that wanted to see a rematch are big 10 folks.  And yes Wisconsin does play us

Soooo not true. I couldn't care less about the Big 10 conference or the SEC or whatever the hell Florida is in, I just think Michigan got royally screwed. It's about fairness, plain and simple, and Michigan got robbed.

Does anyone else see a "hey, we were REALLY the national champions" la USC in '03 (*pukes*), if osu goes down to florida?

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: December 04, 2006, 03:09:05 AM »
only people that wanted to see a rematch are big 10 folks.  And yes Wisconsin does play us

Soooo not true. I couldn't care less about the Big 10 conference or the SEC or whatever the hell Florida is in, I just think Michigan got royally screwed. It's about fairness, plain and simple, and Michigan got robbed.

Does anyone else see a "hey, we were REALLY the national champions" la USC in '03 (*pukes*), if osu goes down to florida?

How is it fair for UM to get two shots at OSU when a conference champion has not had one?

UM had their chance to show the world they were better than OSU and failed. 

You cannot definitively say that UM is so much better than UF.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 04, 2006, 08:59:49 AM »

You cannot definitively say that UM is so much better than UF.

so, if ohio beats florida by more than a field goal,
does that mean UM is better than florida and should have had the rematch?

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: December 04, 2006, 10:02:54 AM »
Oklahoma-Nebraska proved that even if you take away our run game, we can still pound a team into the ground. How about that defense? Nebraska's only score was off an interception at the 30 yard line! Fastest score in Big XII Champ history, Longest drive in Big XII Champ history, and all in an essentially hostile stadium!

i would hardly call it 'pounding into the ground' when taylor misses two wide open receivers in the end zone on two succesive drives.  you had one good drive, a *very* good drive, in the last three quarters of the game.  14 points came off of a fumble (hey, how come that score is better than 'nebraska's only score came off of...), and a 66-yard blown coverage.

it was closer than it looked.  we cough up the ball 5 times, you should have blown us out. 

i have to admit that your qb really stepped up.  i was impressed with his poise and leadership.

congratulations on the win, and best of luck in the fiesta bowl.

I'll agree with all of that.  Nebraska didn't get pounded into the ground.  Our defense played extremely well, save for Courtney Grixby, a guy who every receiver over 6 feet tall picks on.  You get used to it after a while.  Nebraska's defense pinned OU back several times and gave the offense great field position, but we hit a wall at about the OU 40 yard line every time down.  I give all the credit to OU's defense.  Those guys are the best tacklers I've ever seen.  Credit also goes to Paul Thompson for turning a near-safety into a 99-yard drive. It made me puke, but I'll applaud him and the team for it.

Good luck in the Fiesta Bowl.  Drop 50 on Boise State for us.

I didn't say we pounded Nebraska - I said we've proved we can. But you're right I shouldn't have said it the way I did. It was an excellent game and Nebraska is going to give Auburn a lot of hell of the field.

ahhh, you were excited  :D
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #3494 on: December 04, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
UM's schedule

09/02   Vanderbilt   W 27-7
09/09   C Michigan   W 41-17
09/16   at #2 N Dame   W 47-21
09/23   Wisconsin   W 27-13
09/30   at Minnesota   W 28-14
10/07   Mich St   W 31-13
10/14   at Penn State   W 17-10
10/21   Iowa   W 20-6
10/28   N'western   W 17-3
11/04   Ball St   W 34-26
11/11   at Indiana   W 34-3
11/18   at #1 Ohio St   L 42-39

UF's schedule

09/02   So Miss   W 34-7
09/09   C Florida   W 42-0
09/16   at #13 Tennessee   W 21-20
09/23   Kentucky   W 26-7
09/30   Alabama   W 28-13
10/07   #9 LSU   W 23-10
10/14   at #11 Auburn   L 27-17
10/28   at Georgia   W 21-14
11/04   at Vanderbilt   W 25-19
11/11   S Carolina   W 17-16
11/18   W Carolina   W 62-0
11/25   at Florida St   W 21-14
12/02   #8 Arkansas   W 38-28

other than beating a vastly overrated ND, who the @#!* did UM beat?  Wisconsin?  I'll give that one.  UF won 4 games against top 15 opponents. 
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

props ii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: December 04, 2006, 10:27:29 AM »
so, i was looking at what the coaches voted in this final poll, and i've made some snap judgments on some coaches.

i do like steve spurrier. he ranked ND #16, and oklahoma #4.

i do like mike leach a little, although his ballot is a little odd. but he, too, has oklahoma at #4.

i do not like howard schnellenberger. but really, who does. he has OU at #18 and ND at #8?

i do not like greg schiano as much anymore. both he and schnelly had rutgers at 10, with no one else ranking them above 13. and where did he put our friend oklahoma? 13? he really thinks his rutgers team is 3 places better than OU? 6 places better than arkansas? 7 places better than texas? let alone a top 10 team...

ah coaches.
Quote from: Chica
You're f-ing adorable.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: December 04, 2006, 10:59:47 AM »
michigan did get jobbed

props ii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: December 04, 2006, 11:27:11 AM »
the only reason mich got jobbed is because they were ranked above florida at one time. if mich got in, couldn't one argue that florida got jobbed, too?

but to the people who are on michigan's side... if michigan went to the game and beat tOSU, would you still think tOSU could be nat'l champs despite the loss?

i mean, if michigan's loss to tOSU was meaningless, wouldn't tOSU's loss to michigan's be the same?
Quote from: Chica
You're f-ing adorable.

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: December 04, 2006, 11:34:53 AM »
their was an article on the onion about a week ago that talked about michigan going to the national championship game. It said ohio state beats michigan in completely meaningless game. he michigan team was like well to bad we lost but good thing it doesnt matter. we r just going to play ohio state again in a few weeks for the national championship. were glad this game had absolutely no barring on our season

it was a funny and true fake story. U cant allow the game that osu and michigan played to be completely meaningless. Another thing is we have bowl games so that different conferences can prove they better than each other. any true sportsfan would rather see the best team in the sec play the best team in the 10 rather than the first best team in the 10 play the second best team in the 10 for a second time. 
Attending: OU

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: December 04, 2006, 11:37:22 AM »
any true sportsfan would rather see the best team in the sec play the best team in the 10 rather than the first best team in the 10 play the second best team in the 10 for a second time. 

seems like any true sports fan would want to see the best team in the nation play the second best team.

what are the odds on the game?

if ohio is favored by more than 3, that's a good indication that um should be playing them again