Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 197496 times)

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
Re: College Football
« Reply #3480 on: December 03, 2006, 08:37:52 PM »
capital one bowl for the piggies, at least I dont have to feel bad about not going now.  I would have felt bad about not going to the cotton bowl since I wont be in town
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

props ii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 03, 2006, 08:43:15 PM »
i am okay with florida playing tOSU.
Quote from: Chica
You're f-ing adorable.

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #3482 on: December 03, 2006, 09:17:43 PM »

me too

only people that wanted to see a rematch are big 10 folks.  And yes Wisconsin does play us
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

props ii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: December 03, 2006, 10:17:08 PM »
yeah. where is she. i texted her earlier. no response...
You're f-ing adorable.

props ii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 03, 2006, 10:25:27 PM »

what a pretty picture.
You're f-ing adorable.

Ever

« Reply #3485 on: December 03, 2006, 10:31:41 PM »
Oklahoma-Nebraska proved that even if you take away our run game, we can still pound a team into the ground. How about that defense? Nebraska's only score was off an interception at the 30 yard line! Fastest score in Big XII Champ history, Longest drive in Big XII Champ history, and all in an essentially hostile stadium!

i would hardly call it 'pounding into the ground' when taylor misses two wide open receivers in the end zone on two succesive drives.  you had one good drive, a *very* good drive, in the last three quarters of the game.  14 points came off of a fumble (hey, how come that score is better than 'nebraska's only score came off of...), and a 66-yard blown coverage.

it was closer than it looked.  we cough up the ball 5 times, you should have blown us out. 

i have to admit that your qb really stepped up.  i was impressed with his poise and leadership.

congratulations on the win, and best of luck in the fiesta bowl.

I'll agree with all of that.  Nebraska didn't get pounded into the ground.  Our defense played extremely well, save for Courtney Grixby, a guy who every receiver over 6 feet tall picks on.  You get used to it after a while.  Nebraska's defense pinned OU back several times and gave the offense great field position, but we hit a wall at about the OU 40 yard line every time down.  I give all the credit to OU's defense.  Those guys are the best tacklers I've ever seen.  Credit also goes to Paul Thompson for turning a near-safety into a 99-yard drive. It made me puke, but I'll applaud him and the team for it.

Good luck in the Fiesta Bowl.  Drop 50 on Boise State for us.

I didn't say we pounded Nebraska - I said we've proved we can. But you're right I shouldn't have said it the way I did. It was an excellent game and Nebraska is going to give Auburn a lot of hell of the field.

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: December 03, 2006, 10:34:16 PM »

me too

only people that wanted to see a rematch are big 10 folks.  And yes Wisconsin does play us

I think its an East/West thing.

People in the West, I think, wanted to see Michigan more. I'd extend that to people in the Midwest as well.

I think people in the south and southeast obviously wanted to see Florida. People in the Northeast obviously don't care about football.

I think Arkansas-UW will be a great game. I'm completely sold on McFadden.

This is where the problem lies. People have this bias, and it shows in the polls and any sports talk show and even our game last night- no one wants to rough up the "order" of college football and allow a team like Rutgers (or any Northeastern team, should any of the others get their acts together) to start destroying their hopes and dreams of domination. We only had two losses (one in triple OT), we beat the #3 team in the country, and now we play Kansas State? Something literally is not adding up correctly. Not to mention that we were dominating in least points allowed most of the season, our defense is ranked very highly, and we shut out two not so bad teams, and nearly shut out another 3. We deserve a lot better than what we're getting.

And to prove I'm not being a Rutgers troll- I believe you can apply this to Michigan also. Michigan is definetly the second best team in the country. They barely lost to OSU, and who cares that they played already? The National Title is supposed to be for the two BEST teams in the country, not what for what SEEMS like it could be the best match-up given to the team that can whine the best about it. Hey, why not put OSU against a powderpuff team? That might be interesting, might generate better rankings, etc.

These games are supposed to be about who the BEST teams are. I don't understand why we can't have it that way.

props ii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: December 03, 2006, 10:38:17 PM »
rutgers deserves respect. with two losses, it's not just a bias against rutgers that has them playing k-state. it's the fact that the big east bowl tie-ins just aren't that good.
You're f-ing adorable.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 03, 2006, 11:23:35 PM »
No one can say definitively that UM is so much better than UF that it should get a second shot at the title game.  You have to admit that it is a close call and since UM already lost to OSU, they shouldnt get two bites at the apple.

Sorry, better luck next time.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: December 04, 2006, 12:36:02 AM »
It's so much that Mich is superior to UF, it's just that they have played a rougher schedule with greater success. I think even though they have played OSU, the two teams in the title should be the two best teams, irregardless of if they have played each other before...if we do it that way a lot of powerful conferences will be shut out, especially the Big 10, but possibly the SEC, and in the next year or two, the Big East.

I'm glad to see someone else agrees about RU. And yes, the tie ins do suck. Even 1st place against #1 in the ACC...I think even South Florida or Cincinatti would have a good shot at beating Wake.