Law School Discussion

College Football

Re: College Football
« Reply #4520 on: June 27, 2008, 11:20:51 AM »
I might get to go see the Gators play Hawaii this year!

Seeing an SEC game would be incredible.

I would recommend picking a different game if you can. That game is in late August in Florida at 12:30 in the afternoon. No time for tailgating and everyone's going to be hot, tired, and not really into it....especially since Hawaii doesn't have June Jones and Colt Brennan for us to whip. You won't really get the true SEC experience.

t...

• View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: June 27, 2008, 11:52:20 AM »
I might get to go see the Gators play Hawaii this year!

Seeing an SEC game would be incredible.

I would recommend picking a different game if you can. That game is in late August in Florida at 12:30 in the afternoon. No time for tailgating and everyone's going to be hot, tired, and not really into it....especially since Hawaii doesn't have June Jones and Colt Brennan for us to whip. You won't really get the true SEC experience.

Well, I thought about that game for a few reasons: I'm a Boise State guy, so seeing Hawaii get trounced by Florida is appealing to me, and I figured it would be the cheapest and easiest game to get tickets to.

I really want to go see Georgia-Florida, but I'm not too keen at spending 300+ for tickets to see a game in Jacksonville. The Miami or LSU game might be a fun game to catch at the Swamp, but again, tickets...

h2xblive

« Reply #4522 on: June 27, 2008, 04:39:17 PM »
Gah, I can't wait two more months.

And I can't find anything decent for the Georgia-Florida game. Is 300 too much to pay for *&^% seats?

I have no clue.

I would never pay $300 to possibly see my team lose, though.

« Reply #4523 on: June 27, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »

And I can't find anything decent for the Georgia-Florida game. Is 300 too much to pay for poo seats?

I have no clue.

$300 is way too much, you don't need to commit to anything this early. I got two tickets that were pretty damn good to last year's game for $30 each by sheer luck. A couple friends of mine got tickets in the same section from a scalper for $75 each. Hold out and some opportunity will present itself...

h2xblive

« Reply #4524 on: June 28, 2008, 08:46:32 AM »

And I can't find anything decent for the Georgia-Florida game. Is 300 too much to pay for poo seats?

I have no clue.

$300 is way too much, you don't need to commit to anything this early. I got two tickets that were pretty damn good to last year's game for $30 each by sheer luck. A couple friends of mine got tickets in the same section from a scalper for $75 each. Hold out and some opportunity will present itself...

Waiting it out has its risks, though.  If both Florida and Georgia are undefeated by the time this game is played, those tickets will be pretty expensive.  However, I imagine Florida and Georgia may have 1-3 losses between them by the time this game is played.  If that happens, waiting it out is probably a good thing.

I can't wait until August 30th!  Too bad June Jones won't be around to see how much of a "system quarterback" Tebow is.  :D

h2xblive

« Reply #4525 on: June 28, 2008, 09:39:32 AM »
I doubt Georgia will have 3 losses when they Florida, but I can easily see them having 2.  I see Florida as being undefeated by the time they play Georgia, but could possibly have one loss.

Our first real test (ie how good our defense is) isn't until our LSU game, in my opinion.

EDIT: You deleted your post!  :D

« Reply #4526 on: June 28, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »

:D It's because I realized you said 1-3 losses between them...instead of 1-3 losses each. Clearly, Florida will be undefeated ;D

« Reply #4527 on: June 28, 2008, 08:43:01 PM »

:D It's because I realized you said 1-3 losses between them...instead of 1-3 losses each. Clearly, Florida will be undefeated ;D

TITCR  :D

t...

• View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: June 29, 2008, 07:20:24 AM »
Homers. Who will Georgia have lost to?

But after last season, really, who knows? While I think Georgia has a better team than Florida this year (mostly because I don't trust Florida's defense yet), I think Florida is being overlooked by the college analysts. Florida has the better schedule, and could very well skate through undefeated.

They play Tennessee away, but I never have faith in a Tennessee team. They play Georgia, which will be their toughest game, but they get everyone else of consequence at home, particularly LSU.

Did y'all see Schlabach putting Notre Dame at 25 on his revised preseason top 25? How in the hell could you even begin to justify that, even despite their lame ass schedule?

h2xblive

« Reply #4529 on: June 29, 2008, 08:25:41 AM »
Homers. Who will Georgia have lost to?

But after last season, really, who knows? While I think Georgia has a better team than Florida this year (mostly because I don't trust Florida's defense yet), I think Florida is being overlooked by the college analysts. Florida has the better schedule, and could very well skate through undefeated.

They play Tennessee away, but I never have faith in a Tennessee team. They play Georgia, which will be their toughest game, but they get everyone else of consequence at home, particularly LSU.

Did y'all see Schlabach putting Notre Dame at 25 on his revised preseason top 25? How in the hell could you even begin to justify that, even despite their lame ass schedule?

The media loves Notre Dame.  Maybe they're in the "top 25" b/c they'll actually have a winning season which will vastly exceed most people's expectations.  :D

Georgia does get Tennessee and Alabama at home, although I see Alabama winning the SEC West.  Oh yeah, and the big SEC West favourites of Auburn and LSU - Georgia has to play away.  I'm not guaranteeing Georgia will lose 2 games before playing Florida, but I expect them to have one loss by November 15th (that's when they play Auburn), although having 0 or 2 losses wouldn't surprise me either.

You're right about Florida's defense - they're not proven to be solid, although it's hard to believe they'll be any worse than last season.  Assuming Florida's defense is slightly better in the secondary and at linebacker, and the same on the defensive line, considering Florida's losses last season, Florida can easily finish the season with 1 loss.

What I'm afraid of is Florida having 1 loss in the regular season...to Georgia, with Georgia's sole loss being to some other SEC team (Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, or Alabama).  I think Florida should make a BCS game this year, if not win the SEC.