michigan did get jobbed

by themselves

HTH

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3501 on: December 04, 2006, 08:38:52 AM »
any true sportsfan would rather see the best team in the sec play the best team in the 10 rather than the first best team in the 10 play the second best team in the 10 for a second time. 

seems like any true sports fan would want to see the best team in the nation play the second best team.

what are the odds on the game?

if ohio is favored by more than 3, that's a good indication that um should be playing them again

What makes UM the CLEAR #2 team? Nothing except a whole lot of conjecture.

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: December 04, 2006, 08:40:18 AM »
any true sportsfan would rather see the best team in the sec play the best team in the 10 rather than the first best team in the 10 play the second best team in the 10 for a second time. 

seems like any true sports fan would want to see the best team in the nation play the second best team.

if ohio is favored by more than 3, that's a good indication that um should be playing them again

so, when ohio beats florida by more than three, does that mean that um really should have been the #2 team?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: December 04, 2006, 08:41:19 AM »
the only reason mich got jobbed is because they were ranked above florida at one time. if mich got in, couldn't one argue that florida got jobbed, too?

but to the people who are on michigan's side... if michigan went to the game and beat tOSU, would you still think tOSU could be nat'l champs despite the loss?

i mean, if michigan's loss to tOSU was meaningless, wouldn't tOSU's loss to michigan's be the same?

TITCR

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: December 04, 2006, 08:43:15 AM »

so, when ohio beats florida by more than three, does that mean that um really should have been the #2 team?
No because there is nothing to say that UM would do as well or better than they did the first time.

UF deserves a shot.

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: December 04, 2006, 08:44:39 AM »

No because there is nothing to say that UM would do as well or better than they did the first time.

UF deserves a shot.

so, if florida loses by a touchdown or two, you think they should still be ranked #2 above UM?

Ever

« Reply #3506 on: December 04, 2006, 09:42:03 AM »
so, i was looking at what the coaches voted in this final poll, and i've made some snap judgments on some coaches.

i do like steve spurrier. he ranked ND #16, and oklahoma #4.

i do like mike leach a little, although his ballot is a little odd. but he, too, has oklahoma at #4.

i do not like howard schnellenberger. but really, who does. he has OU at #18 and ND at #8?

i do not like greg schiano as much anymore. both he and schnelly had rutgers at 10, with no one else ranking them above 13. and where did he put our friend oklahoma? 13? he really thinks his rutgers team is 3 places better than OU? 6 places better than arkansas? 7 places better than texas? let alone a top 10 team...

ah coaches.

Props where did you find this?

so, if florida loses by a touchdown or two, you think they should still be ranked #2 above UM?

Depends on who wins the game between USC and Michigan. Michigan is certainly not a lock.

« Reply #3507 on: December 04, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »
ever: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_fb_poll_2006/flash.htm

and guys, we're comparing apples to oranges. but the real issue here is the idea of the meaningless game, as i said before. what's the point of two teams playing each other, one losing, if the loss doesn't matter.

how lame would it be to have michigan as national champions when they loss to ohio state and finished second in the big 10? pretty lame.

« Reply #3508 on: December 04, 2006, 11:01:47 AM »
Hey!  Don't be knocking Howard Schnellenberger!   >:(

i can knock on smellyburger. he was our coach for a year. you can knock on your own (past) coaches.

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: December 04, 2006, 11:10:50 AM »
from what i saw, the computer rankings have uf and um dead equal at like .940

but, uf overtook um in the last two weeks in the human polls, mainly because um hasn't played and uf did

if ohio is favored by more than 3 over uf, then how can they be the #2 team above um?