Law School Discussion

College Football

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3450 on: December 03, 2006, 07:56:20 AM »
didn't the big 12 send like 9 teams to bowls?

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: December 03, 2006, 08:40:33 AM »
didn't the big 12 send like 9 teams to bowls?

yeah, but the north is pretty weak this year.  and one of those teams will stay home because they only have 8 invitations.  i would have ok state go ahead of kansas.

dammit for as good as zac taylor has been all year, what a night to have his worst game of the season.  misses two wide open receivers in the end zone.... bah.

still, going to a decent bowl, and oklahoma played a good game.  cant believe we stuffed the running game, cant beleive we couldnt pressure the quarterback all night.  what the hell, though, win or lose i still have finals in ten days

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: December 03, 2006, 08:48:31 AM »
the quarterback for mizzou is from the local high school, which has won the state title about 5 yrs in a row or something.
he was off to an undefeated start until a&m knocked him around

still not a bad start for a young qb

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: December 03, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »
Well, we cant win every game and UCLA has a chance to spoil our season every year.  Our offensive line played poorly, didnt give Booty enough time and when they did, Booty didnt capitalize.

It all came down to one incredibly athletic play to tip the ball, and another incredibly athletic play to dive backwards to catch it.

Even though it is the first time in three years that USC is not playing for at least a piece of the NC, the Rose Bowl makes a fine consolation prize.

BTW, I didnt think it was possible, but I hate UCLA even more than ever.

verbal

• View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: December 03, 2006, 10:21:37 AM »
i hate to intellectually assassinate  everyone but their is no doubt that arkansas had the toughest schedule this year.
USC,alabama, auburn, south carolina, tenn, lsu, florida.
Nobody beat that schedule.

I do think the SEC has been over rated in some years. this year i think they have 3 or 4 powerhouse teams.
I do think that the big 12 is pretty good right now. I think Oklahoma is going to kill boise. A&M is going to kill their opponent. Texas will beat their opponent. oklahoma state is going to beat alabama. Nebraska is also going to take auburn or arkansas in the cotton bowl.

Looking at those games it looks like the big 12 is underrated this year.

Id also like to say that wisconsin should get to go to a bcs game. they r the team that is getting cheated this year.

I also think florida should get to play in the NC. i think michigan is a better team but how many times in one year do u have to beat someone to be a national champion?

Ever

« Reply #3455 on: December 03, 2006, 10:35:52 AM »
Oklahoma-Nebraska proved that even if you take away our run game, we can still pound a team into the ground. How about that defense? Nebraska's only score was off an interception at the 30 yard line! Fastest score in Big XII Champ history, Longest drive in Big XII Champ history, and all in an essentially hostile stadium!

Maybe the Rose will grab Boise to play USC and Oklahoma can have a shot at Notre Dame or Wisconsin. Notre Dame-Oklahoma would be a match up I would fly to Arizona to see.

Florida will get the nod, and they should. You should win your conference to go to the Championship. End of story.

---

Listening to these idiot talking heads calling for a playoff has me worried. Most of them want 16 teams!? WTF?! What the hell is wrong with just 4? It keeps the entire bowl system intact, and still gets us our answer to "who is the best?"

---

Florida is #2 in the AP today!
Seriously, what the @#!* is USC doing above Oklahoma after that loss?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: December 03, 2006, 10:51:42 AM »
No, Michigan had their chance and lost and one has to assume that UM will lose again.  Why? Because the integrity of the system relies on those kinds of assumptions.  Plus, one shouldnt get two bites at the apple when a perfectly good SEC champion is ready willing and able to play.

We know OSU is better than UM, now we need to find out about Florida.

HTH

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: December 03, 2006, 11:00:38 AM »
No, my argument works fine.  The NC is supposed to be the two best teams in the country.  There are only two possible teams for #2: UM and UF.

We KNOW UM is not as good as OSU.

We dont know if UF can beat OSU.

Why should UM get two bites at the apple while leaving out an SEC champion?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: December 03, 2006, 11:02:11 AM »
People can argue all they want about how much better they think UM is than UF, but it is all conjecture until they meet on the field. 

One thing that is certain is that UM is not clearly better than UF.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: December 03, 2006, 11:05:44 AM »
See, the problem with those hypos is this:

USC v. Arkansas / OSU v. UT would be a rematch but it would at least be between conference champions.

It doesnt address who would be left out if that rematch were to occur.

Win your conference or dont go to the NC.