Law School Discussion

College Football

h2xblive

Re: College Football
« Reply #2330 on: August 03, 2006, 06:53:37 AM »
OU is F'd.  There goes preseason #1, and there goes the ability to perform as a #1 team.  Hello Cotton Bowl!

I guess UT, Austin is going to another BSC bowl game, eh?

h2xblive

« Reply #2331 on: August 03, 2006, 06:59:23 AM »
OU is F'd.  There goes preseason #1, and there goes the ability to perform as a #1 team.  Hello Cotton Bowl!

I guess UT, Austin is going to another BSC bowl game, eh?

That would be my guess.  No one else is the Big 12 is gonna beat them.

Most likely.  Nebraska is starting to look better.

Not good enough this year, though.

The Big 12 North is a joke.

h2xblive

« Reply #2332 on: August 03, 2006, 07:06:58 AM »
I know, as a Big 10er, I should have wanted Michigan to represent the conference well in their bowl last year...but I was GLAD Nebraska beat them in that game.

I think the two, most powerful conferences this year are going to be the Big 10 and the SEC

h2xblive

« Reply #2333 on: August 03, 2006, 07:15:57 AM »
Mich is always good.  OSU will be dominant, PSU is back in the mix.  Iowa/Purdue/Wisc/Minn are always quality, and NW can play spoiler all over the place.  The Big 10 will be solid this year.

Too early to take a joke, darling?

However...

Michigan is the Big 10's version of the Va Tech CHOKIES
I hate Sweatervest
@#!* Penn State (1999 flashback)
Who, who, who, who, and who?   :P

Don't discount the ACC just yet...

Miami and VT are pretty weak (relatively speaking)  I actually see FSU taking the ACC.  But then again, anything could happen.

h2xblive

« Reply #2334 on: August 03, 2006, 07:16:29 AM »
Mich is always good.  OSU will be dominant, PSU is back in the mix.  Iowa/Purdue/Wisc/Minn are always quality, and NW can play spoiler all over the place.  The Big 10 will be solid this year.

Yup

iSalute

• Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: August 03, 2006, 07:17:56 AM »
Go Cal Poly, SLO!!!!

« Reply #2336 on: August 03, 2006, 07:25:37 AM »
I admit that UT has the inside shot at the big XII...but I wouldnt rule out TT or OU.  OU still has Peterson, if the line gets healthy he should dominate the big XII again.  TT can beat anyone on any given day, they can suck on any day as well.  UT...great talent..but will they go back to their joke of an offensive scheme that only works with dominant stars?  Will a playbook of run left, run right, trow really work for mccoy?

Also Im glad USC is in a little hot water again.  Takes a tiny bit of the sting off of OU. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=567376  I guess its like my hs coach used to tell me, "if you aint cheating you aint trying"

h2xblive

« Reply #2337 on: August 03, 2006, 07:29:50 AM »
Miami and VT are pretty weak (relatively speaking)  I actually see FSU taking the ACC.  But then again, anything could happen.

Clemson is the one to watch out for this season...

Miami's not that weak.  We'll be much better than last year, guaranteed.

I hope you're right, being a Clemson Tiger fan and all, but they just have that STUPID flaw of playing to their competition.  If the way they played against Miami last year carried over to their other games, they would have played in the ACC title game and had a legit shot at a BCS bowl game.  I'm not saying they would have beat WF, BC, and GT, but they probably could have taken 2 of the 3 EASILY.

« Reply #2338 on: August 03, 2006, 07:31:43 AM »
LOL.  Your wish is granted.  The turf has been ripped out and sold.  Grass is now in Jones Stadium.  I think they finished laying it a little under a month ago.

« Reply #2339 on: August 03, 2006, 07:38:57 AM »
My brother is a die-hard fan and actually purchased some of the turf from the end zone.  One of the rooms in his house now has turf instead of carpet.  Its actually pretty neat.

One of my buds and I are looking to pick a single game to road-trip to this year.  He is favoring FSU vs Miami.  Should be a good game and a fun location for a few nights.  I kind of wanted Notre Dame @ USC, especially after the miami suspensions.  Any suggestions on good games that will be in fun cities this year?  If you could travel to any single game which would it be?  Throw out OU vs UT and tOSU vs UT...these arent road trips for either of us.  Michigan and tOSU would be fun to go to...but is that really a location that we should pick out of the entire US?