Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: umm...Muslims?  (Read 19098 times)

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: umm...Muslims?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 05:18:17 PM »
It seems that Muslims and Jews hate each other more than Christians, but that is not just about beliefs.

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2005, 05:21:34 PM »
I have no idea; but, I'd say Islam and Christianity have more in common than either with Judaism. 

Then agian, what do I know?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 05:21:56 PM »
Christians have done their fair share of hating in this world.  I really didn't want to start talking about current politics..but if we must.. I can

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 05:22:46 PM »
I was talking about religios beleifs not the current world climate.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 05:24:18 PM »
I was talking about religios beleifs not the current world climate.

not you Abe...Hilljack.

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 05:31:32 PM »
In the middle east, Muslims fight with Jew and Christians.  Go a little to the west, and they are fighting with Hindus.  Go all around the world, and you will see that Muslims are fighting in the name of God much more than any other faith.  Since there are no Christian nations left to speak of, I think it would be hard to say that they are hating in that sence. 

Christians have done their fair share of hating in this world.  I really didn't want to start talking about current politics..but if we must.. I can

I just presented something and even qualified that it was not perfect evidence.  You could easily say that the level of friction between two sets of beleivers is some indicator of differences in said group's beleifs.

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2005, 05:34:21 PM »
this is true, hilljack.  Jews and Muslims coexisted ever so peacefully in Spain until Christians came.  The muslim war issue you spoke of, is a recent development.  Christianity has lots of blood on its hands.

Alamss

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2005, 05:35:42 PM »
As a Muslim this is what I know from the Qur'an about Jesus. He is the Messiah, he has come in the first coming, he is the son of Mary. He is a great prophet and the Messiah who will return again for the second coming before the day of Judgement. He will return and lead the forces of good against the 'Dajjal' ,or the anti-Christ, and his followers. Dajjal will show the people who encounter him, paradise, but his paradise will actually be hell and to those who disobey Dajjal, he will show them hell, which in  actuallity will be paradise. The Qur'an, along with numerous propheicies about Jesus's 2nd coming, if I remember correctly, states a location around the present day damascus, Syria. We believe Jesus came with one message, as all other messengers before him, and that was that 'there is only one God', to obey him and abstain from what he has deemed for you to abstain.

Maybe that helps to give the glimpse of the Islamic perspective of Jesus, as I know best.

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2005, 05:39:34 PM »
In the middle east, Muslims fight with Jew and Christians.  Go a little to the west, and they are fighting with Hindus.  Go all around the world, and you will see that Muslims are fighting in the name of God much more than any other faith.  Since there are no Christian nations left to speak of, I think it would be hard to say that they are hating in that sence. 

Christians have done their fair share of hating in this world.  I really didn't want to start talking about current politics..but if we must.. I can

I just presented something and even qualified that it was not perfect evidence.  You could easily say that the level of friction between two sets of beleivers is some indicator of differences in said group's beleifs.

I don't know of any other nation (or people...or religion) that are fighting in the name of God.  Does anyone?

Alamss

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2005, 05:40:53 PM »
Xony didn't Bush elaborate a little bit about God, religion, and war?? ???