Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cute foreign parents  (Read 11770 times)

jgruber

Re: Cute foreign parents
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2004, 04:35:27 PM »
I have domestic parents.  My father died six years ago without ever telling me he was proud of me, even when I graduated from college that he told me my entire life that it was very important.

browneyes4u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2004, 04:35:46 PM »
I think you need professional help.  For being a mental retard
I THINK U NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP FOR BEING A male private part- I DIDNT DISRESPECT YOU- U POSTED SOMETHING ON THE BOARD AND IM JUST STATING MY OPINION- LIKE I SAID I DONT KNOW- NOR DO I CARE TO KNOW YOU-  LIKE I SAID I DONT KNOW WHT WENT ON IN YOUR LIFE WITH YOUR PARENTS-BUT IF IM A REATRD FOR RESPECTING MY PARENTS AND AM IN DISBELIEF THAT SOME OF YOU WOULD HAVE SUCH LITTLE RESPECT FOR YOUR PARENTS, THEN I GUESS IM A MENTAL RETARD ;)

thechoson

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2004, 04:42:46 PM »
I THINK U NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP FOR BEING A male private part- I DIDNT DISRESPECT YOU- U POSTED SOMETHING ON THE BOARD AND IM JUST STATING MY OPINION- LIKE I SAID I DONT KNOW- NOR DO I CARE TO KNOW YOU-  LIKE I SAID I DONT KNOW WHT WENT ON IN YOUR LIFE WITH YOUR PARENTS-BUT IF IM A REATRD FOR RESPECTING MY PARENTS AND AM IN DISBELIEF THAT SOME OF YOU WOULD HAVE SUCH LITTLE RESPECT FOR YOUR PARENTS, THEN I GUESS IM A MENTAL RETARD ;)

Good.  Shut the @#!* up and go away.

browneyes4u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2004, 04:43:03 PM »
browneyez, I don't think you really understand.  Just sit back and think about this for a sec.

Your dad calls your ENTIRE LIFE A FAILURE for not being able to get into HYP.  Just think about that for a while.  MY  entire 18 years was a TOTAL failure, according to him. 

You want a dad like that, go right ahead
LIKE I SAID, EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION- NEVR TOLD U TO CONFORM TO MY IDEAS AND BELIEFS- DONT POST THREADS AND NOT EXPECT TO HEAR RESPONSES-

thechoson

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2004, 04:45:25 PM »
browneyez, I don't think you really understand.  Just sit back and think about this for a sec.

Your dad calls your ENTIRE LIFE A FAILURE for not being able to get into HYP.  Just think about that for a while.  MY  entire 18 years was a TOTAL failure, according to him. 

You want a dad like that, go right ahead
LIKE I SAID, EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION- NEVR TOLD U TO CONFORM TO MY IDEAS AND BELIEFS- DONT POST THREADS AND NOT EXPECT TO HEAR RESPONSES-

Good. Shut the @#!* up and go away

browneyes4u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2004, 04:46:11 PM »

WHY DONT YOU SHUT THE @#!* UP- IM ENTITLED TO MY OWN OPINION- U HAVE A LOT OF ANGER BUILT UP INSIDE YOU- DONT TAKE IT OUT ME-

thechoson

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2004, 04:48:22 PM »

WHY DONT YOU SHUT THE @#!* UP- IM ENTITLED TO MY OWN OPINION- U HAVE A LOT OF ANGER BUILT UP INSIDE YOU- DONT TAKE IT OUT ME-

Who's the angry one? haha.  This is funny.

Well ok, you are entitled to your opinion. Have a good life.

sodashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

I don't get it. Can't you even try to understand that some people don't have respect for their parents because their parents are HORRIBLE?!? We're not talking about JUST immigrant parents but parents in general. If I were the type of parent to beat my kid for not believing a certain religion because it would shame me in front of other people, or if I were to NEVER tell my child that I'm proud of him... would I deserve respect? I don't think you're mentally retarded, however you are quite naive to be in disbelief that some people have little respect for their parents. Your comment was unnecessary because it basically told the people you thought had no respect for their parents that THEY were the problem and NOT their parents. Like I mentioned before, parents are people and people are not perfect. 

Again, I'm not trying to be mean (and I hope I'm not coming across that way) but you have to try to be empathetic

browneyes4u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2004, 04:56:54 PM »

I don't get it. Can't you even try to understand that some people don't have respect for their parents because their parents are HORRIBLE?!? We're not talking about JUST immigrant parents but parents in general. If I were the type of parent to beat my kid for not believing a certain religion because it would shame me in front of other people, or if I were to NEVER tell my child that I'm proud of him... would I deserve respect? I don't think you're mentally retarded, however you are quite naive to be in disbelief that some people have little respect for their parents. Your comment was unnecessary because it basically told the people you thought had no respect for their parents that THEY were the problem and NOT their parents. Like I mentioned before, parents are people and people are not perfect. 

Again, I'm not trying to be mean (and I hope I'm not coming across that way) but you have to try to be empathetic
this all started when dsong said he hated his parents- i think hate is avery strong word and i guess it got to me- and i already said i dont know anyone situation. matter of fact, my life hasnt been peaches and cream either.- but that "hate" word really got to me.- so for all of you who have stories about their parents and telling me how parents can be horrible- i know they can be horrible-
and not that I have to prove myself to anyone of you, but i so care about others' feelings and for any story that someone can tell abt their parents- i can share one as well- 
never said for you to like your parents- just saying that hate is a harsh word-
I stand by every word ive said

sodashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2004, 05:01:39 PM »
this all started when dsong said he hated his parents- i think hate is avery strong word and i guess it got to me- and i already said i dont know anyone situation. matter of fact, my life hasnt been peaches and cream either.- but that "hate" word really got to me.- so for all of you who have stories about their parents and telling me how parents can be horrible- i know they can be horrible-
and not that I have to prove myself to anyone of you, but i so care about others' feelings and for any story that someone can tell abt their parents- i can share one as well- 
never said for you to like your parents- just saying that hate is a harsh word-

This is understandable... but you have to be careful on how you word what you said about you hope their kids treat them the way they treat their parents. And although hate is a strong word... well when religion, love and family is invovled... it can happen. And haven't you EVER said you hated someone when in fact you really didn't?

I'm sure you have parent stories and we all do, if we don't, well we're lying then, but each person is affected differently by different events... Just be careful about the way you word things... always try to approach someone without making them defensive. It's damn hard to do... but at least try.