Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: One week to decide...IU-Indy or Miami?  (Read 310 times)

vkschicago

• View Profile
One week to decide...IU-Indy or Miami?
« on: April 27, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »
Was admitted off the University of Miami waitlist today.  I have until May 5th to decide (no chance of visiting before then). 

Have submitted a refundable deposit at IU-Indy.

I am an Indiana resident, so the expenses at IU-Indy would be significantly less.

Is there enough of a difference in quality of the two schools to justify the additional expense?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

melville4

• View Profile
Re: One week to decide...IU-Indy or Miami?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 03:57:55 PM »
Where do you want to live?  Miami has a nice faculty and is the strongest law school in a pretty big city.  Florida over all is pretty weak when it comes to law schools, and you'd get a good job in Miami if you went there....

but more importantly, you'd be in Miami for 3 years.  MIAMI! 

IU-Indy is an okay school, and you'd end up with a decent job...possibly government job...in Indianapolis.  Both schools are very regional.  You'll end up in the market where you go to school. 

So, it is more of a lifestyle choice more than anything else.  How does residency work at Miami?  Out of state for 1 or 3 years?  I'd say you'd be insane to not go to Miami, but I'm not a huge fan of Indianapolis so I'm a bit biased. 

Don't base anything on the quality of the schools...you'll get the same education at both.  It's all about where you want to live.  A festering hole of humidity, or miles of beaches with bronzed goddesses?  j/k. 

Good luck with everything!