Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WTF... Chapman and Villanova Waitlist  (Read 742 times)

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
WTF... Chapman and Villanova Waitlist
« on: April 27, 2005, 02:53:04 PM »
Hi all,

I just don't understand how these Adcomms work through apps. I have been waitlisted at both Chapman (Tier 4) and Villanova (tier 2). Chapman was my target school and I was really hoping to get in. My numbers aren't great but WTF, I don't know whether I should be glad I got WL at Villanova or pissed that I got WL at Chapman.

Oh ya, my numbers are 2.81/155 (Bio & Psych).
shine on

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WTF... Chapman and Villanova Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 03:20:26 PM »
My numbers are around the same as yours (a tad higher lsat) and I was a  Bio najor too.    I havent' heard from Villanova.. how did you find out about the waitlist? Did you call.  That sucks about chapman. I think you should call them up and ask why.  That seems odd.  It's hard being a bio major becuase it doenst matter what major you were they only look at the numbers making it frustrating.  I am finishing my masters in biomed science right now with a higher gpa and that's not even helping. Luckily I got into some place that I think I can live with but it wasn't my top choice at all.  .i'm sorry. good luck.
I love my philly phanatic :)

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 03:38:35 PM »
I called Villanova on yesterday and they told me I was WLed and that I should be getting notification in the mail soon. I have a fairly good relationship going with the assistant dean so I can maybe call her and ask her. I just dont want to annoy her with questions. I called her about 3 days ago asking about my waitlist status and if I should send in another LOR but she said that if I already have 3 on file than it wouldnt be necessary. I dont know if that was her way of saying "no, dont send it, it's useless".

Yes it does hurt being a Bio major, I started off as Pre-med and eventually realized that I have zero desire to go into medicine. I decided to double major in Psychology and minor in Education my senior year so I took 5 years to graduate. My GPA for my 4th and 5th year was a 3.7 but it didnt seem to help my overall GPA.

Best wishes
shine on

williamgazillion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 04:38:18 PM »
Chapman is a pretty tough school to get into these days- especially since their class is so damn small.

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 11:24:47 PM »
I'm actually working on a letter of continued interest hoping Chapman pulls through. I was thinking, what if I get into Villanova??? I dont want to move to the east but if I get in I just might go. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm thinking it would be easier to transfer from Villanova (ranked 63rd) back to california, maybe Loyola or maybe even UCDavis or Hastings.
shine on

righty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 09:31:29 AM »
I am also waitlisted at Chapman. When I called the school they wouldn't tell me anything about the wait-list. I sent a letter of continued interest in March but that is all!
Have you heard anything?

3.67/149