Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It's Officially Over  (Read 7004 times)

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: It's Officially Over
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2005, 03:32:01 PM »
i would like to add that the op said something about thier 401 guy going to loyola and that somehow tranferred into talk of t3/t4 schools...

the loyola i am attending, just to clarify is loyola in los angeles. i am not SURE that that is the loyola the op was regarding, but if it is may i just make it known that the school (for its behalf) is not actually a t3/t4 school. it is at the top of the 2nd tier, somewhere around 58 status.

thank you =)

Isn't Johnny Cochran an alum of Loyola (CA)?  I think there's also Loyola Law Schools in Chicago and New Orleans, but I don't know where they rank.
Fed gov't atty

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2005, 04:03:24 PM »
i would like to add that the op said something about thier 401 guy going to loyola and that somehow tranferred into talk of t3/t4 schools...

the loyola i am attending, just to clarify is loyola in los angeles. i am not SURE that that is the loyola the op was regarding, but if it is may i just make it known that the school (for its behalf) is not actually a t3/t4 school. it is at the top of the 2nd tier, somewhere around 58 status.

thank you =)

Isn't Johnny Cochran an alum of Loyola (CA)?  I think there's also Loyola Law Schools in Chicago and New Orleans, but I don't know where they rank.

yes, jonnie boy is an alum of loyola (ca)

i think loyola is currently ranked 58 or something like that. the chicago loyola is ranked similarly, but i think just a few slots below, and the loyola in new orleans is ranked in the third tier (for whatever all that info is worth)

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2005, 04:45:46 PM »
i like his dog.  :-*

to the OP: you seem to have a good attitude about the whole thing. having a sense of humor will help you out in a lot of ways! i say if you want to go to LS, keep applying, retake the LSAT, whatever. You shouldn't apply places you don't ever want to go but maybe you should look into some more schools. Maybe you will find some that are more likely to accept your numbers that you would consider attending. Whatever you decide, good luck!
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2005, 02:05:51 PM »
Yeah I mean I find it beyond ridiculous how some people act like if you're not going to a T14 and hey maybe even a T10 the rest of your life is pretty much ruined.  I mean I'm going to American and I've already heard lots of slack because its the 3rd (or some say 4th) ranked school in DC.  But it's also a Tier 1 with a number of top ranked specialties.  I mean I know people who went to law schools that didn't even make Tier 4 and now have very successfully and lucrative carears.  If your entire goal in life is to make it into one of these huge nationally known law firms then yeah a T3 or T4 is going to make that pretty difficult, but that is literally a sliver of the legal market out there.  I have to say I was an art history major in college, which is basically considered to be one of the most useless degrees around.  When I went into the job market I was terrified that I was virtually unemployable, but it wasn't true at all.  I got good jobs in law firms and am currently working on an FDA clinical study and I think having a slightly different degree helped me get into law school.  People need to calm down and realize there isn't this cookie cutter path to getting a good job or being successful. Work hard, make connections and do what you love, because that's probably what your best at anyway.  Everyone needs to calm down.
Yeah hey, I'm the poster child for not caring where you go.  Learn from me.