Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It's Officially Over  (Read 7253 times)

ccmckay

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's Officially Over
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 06:42:24 PM »
Yo -

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and words.  I am still always surprised by the extreme insecurity of pending 1Ls like 'America's Next Top Lawyer,' and 'TBoneUCLA.' A condesending attitude will not make you a good lawyer, just a jerk with no friends and 100k in law school debt. Emotional maturity goes a long way in the real world. There are people that get rejected by every school they apply to, and I wanted to be honest about that.  I thougt lsd could benefit from some honesty.  I still laugh at all the posts in the 'acceptances'category that are threads that have nothing to do with acceptances.  Just desparate people scrambling for anything to hold on to that keeps them from realizing that they will only get into TTTs, and will go on to mediocre carreers in law. 

Though I will not be attending law school in 2005, I have learned a ton about the application process, and will be supremely prepared for a second round, should I choose to try again.  Thankfully, I have a solid carreer and a lot of options besides the law.  I didn't apply to enough or any 'safties' because I really didn't apply to any schools I wouldn't consider attending.  I knew I was unlikely to be accepted at most of these schools, but I didn't compromise what I wanted to get out of law school just to get in NOW.

Good luck to everyone who decides to matriculate.  I don't hold anything against you.

Best regards,

CM

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 06:45:38 PM »
Heya,

Last year, midjeep didn't get in anywhere, and this year he's in at Baylor (with money, I think). The wheel never stops turnin'. Good luck next cycle!
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 07:12:37 PM »
Yo -

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and words.  I am still always surprised by the extreme insecurity of pending 1Ls like 'America's Next Top Lawyer,' and 'TBoneUCLA.' A condesending attitude will not make you a good lawyer, just a jerk with no friends and 100k in law school debt. Emotional maturity goes a long way in the real world. There are people that get rejected by every school they apply to, and I wanted to be honest about that.  I thougt lsd could benefit from some honesty.  I still laugh at all the posts in the 'acceptances'category that are threads that have nothing to do with acceptances.  Just desparate people scrambling for anything to hold on to that keeps them from realizing that they will only get into TTTs, and will go on to mediocre carreers in law. 

Though I will not be attending law school in 2005, I have learned a ton about the application process, and will be supremely prepared for a second round, should I choose to try again.  Thankfully, I have a solid carreer and a lot of options besides the law.  I didn't apply to enough or any 'safties' because I really didn't apply to any schools I wouldn't consider attending.  I knew I was unlikely to be accepted at most of these schools, but I didn't compromise what I wanted to get out of law school just to get in NOW.

Good luck to everyone who decides to matriculate.  I don't hold anything against you.

Best regards,

CM 

i dont know how my doubting this was a real post has anything to do with my insecurity as a 1L, but okay! hehe

it isnt that i dont believe people dont get into law school at all. i doubted your very first post ever on lsd would be a post where you started your very own thread....just seems like flame to me, and your response seems like flame.

call it like i see it. you went through this whole process without asking any questions on here or answering other questions on here or anything?  hmmm

again. if you are real this doesnt take away from my condolences. not getting in would suck after all the hard work of applying. i am just not as willing to take the bait. not on here

ccmckay

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 07:21:38 PM »
Yo -

Best regards,

CM 

i dont know how my doubting this was a real post has anything to do with my insecurity as a 1L, but okay! hehe

it isnt that i dont believe people dont get into law school at all. i doubted your very first post ever on lsd would be a post where you started your very own thread....just seems like flame to me, and your response seems like flame.

call it like i see it. you went through this whole process without asking any questions on here or answering other questions on here or anything? hmmm

again. if you are real this doesnt take away from my condolences. not getting in would suck after all the hard work of applying. i am just not as willing to take the bait. not on here

T-Bone

Maybe I got rejected everywhere because I didn't post on here all year!  Ha ha...a good advertisement for LSD.  No hard feelings, I just pegged you as a typical SoCal wussbag that knows it all before he's even been there.  Best of luck in the fall.  I hope you learn more than my stupid ass 401(k) manager with his J.D. from Loyola.   

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 07:28:04 PM »
[

T-Bone

Maybe I got rejected everywhere because I didn't post on here all year!  Ha ha...a good advertisement for LSD.  No hard feelings, I just pegged you as a typical SoCal wussbag that knows it all before he's even been there.  Best of luck in the fall.  I hope you learn more than my stupid ass 401(k) manager with his J.D. from Loyola.   

yes. i am sure that i will ;) i cant wait to start law school in the fall!

and good luck next year at whatever it is you decide to do

Wolfie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 08:07:03 PM »
I'm sorry to read about your rejections. The same thing happened to me last year and the same thing is happening to me this year. It's depressing, but I'm not going to give up so you shouldn't either!

geezer

• Sr. Citizen
  • More oysters than you can shake a stick at!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 09:49:43 PM »
Now...now...no need to mud sling, people!

ccmckay,

I'm in a similar situation, but waitlisted at one school and pending at another (two schools that I don't really want to go to anyway).

I'll be 38 this year, and I'm planning on reapplying/applying to many more schools in round 2- I've got lots of time!!!  I never give up on anything, and that's why I now have a successful business that I can sit with while I patiently look for something better (a good law school).  Want some inspiration?  Check out Paperback's LSN-

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PaperbackWriter

Definitely the way to do it next fall!  Perhaps you'll warm up to some of the many schools that DO accept you.  I was really confident that my age and experience would work for me this year- boy, am I humbled...but I'm NOT giving up!

Best to ya,

Geez

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 10:13:15 PM »
I actually felt mildly bad for the OP (if it was true), but then he goes on to say..........

Just desparate people scrambling for anything to hold on to that keeps them from realizing that they will only get into TTTs, and will go on to mediocre carreers in law.

So, apparently anyone going to a T3 is below you and they will be nothing more than mediocre.

Well, for all the people going T3 or T4 - F U man, you deserve what you get.   With your numbers you may not want to judge to critically, you didn't even get a WL, nice try though - keep aiming for the stars, I heard Harvard only looks at your highest LSAT, and maybe they'll forget the 2.7.

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 10:37:38 PM »
Geez! Come on guys, he's just a little frustrated. You would be too if you got dinged at all your schools. OP, last year, i had a terrible LSAT score, and i knew that there was no way in hell that i would get into any schools. So i retook the LSAT, applied to 12 schools, and ended up with some very good options. I got into a 3 T2, one of them with mucho dinero. I think you should go for it one more time.

I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 10:44:08 PM »
Now...now...no need to mud sling, people!

ccmckay,

I'm in a similar situation, but waitlisted at one school and pending at another (two schools that I don't really want to go to anyway).

I'll be 38 this year, and I'm planning on reapplying/applying to many more schools in round 2- I've got lots of time!!!  I never give up on anything, and that's why I now have a successful business that I can sit with while I patiently look for something better (a good law school).  Want some inspiration?  Check out Paperback's LSN-

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PaperbackWriter

Definitely the way to do it next fall!  Perhaps you'll warm up to some of the many schools that DO accept you.  I was really confident that my age and experience would work for me this year- boy, am I humbled...but I'm NOT giving up!

Best to ya,

Geez

Hey, wow!  I'm a LSN Celebrity!