• View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: It's Officially Over
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 12:38:17 PM »
 :(

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 01:19:25 PM »
:(
i don't know what words would matter right now because MY heart dropped when i saw your lsn profile and i don't even know u.  but i can't imagine how u must feel.   though i must tell you that everything happens for a reason.  maybe there is something better in store for you.  i know a few things about dissapointment but the most important thing is that you learn from it.  i wish u all the best luck, and hope that you won't let this prevent you from trying again. 

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 01:23:32 PM »
sad as it is if you are real, i find it amazing that someones very first post ever on lsd would be starting thier own thread with a link to thier lsn screen name.  :-\

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 01:29:45 PM »
I don't think that you selected enough safeties. I don't think you selected any safeties. if you do want to study law, I would suggest retaking the LSAT, and use the lsac search to find a school that would accept numbers in your range. You may have to take a year off, but it can happen. i have seen people with worser numbers on LSN get accepted into the second tier. And no, they were not URMs. There is still hope if you plan better.

daisyb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 01:33:48 PM »
I'm not surprised at ccmckay's first post--after all, who better but all of us to have some tiny inkling of how he's feeling, versus someone who has not been going through this process.  I'm really sorry  :(

ESDAD

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 02:01:03 PM »
Keep your head up!!!

I applied to 10 schools my first time around, and got 7 rejections and 3 WL/rejections.  I applied two years later (right now) after re-taking the LSAT and got 4 acceptances (Two t14's, 4 t20's) 3 wait-lists and 3 rejections.  It is just a process, so keep your head up!

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 02:03:05 PM »
Things truly do happen for a reason.  Don't give up if this is what you want.  Its not even too late for some schools for this fall.  I'm still getting e:mails from UDayton, Roger Williams, etc.  Check and see who's still accepting if you really have your heart set on this fall.  BEST OF LUCK!!!

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 02:16:02 PM »
I am so sorry to see this.  I didn't really apply to any "safeties" either and was worried about this happening. 

Make sure that you do some self care this week and go do some stuff you love; sports, entertainment, music, food, whatever.

You can worry about what to do later - later.

COASTAL

• Can't stand work anymore, must get out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 03:46:53 PM »
Good luck to whatever you want to do.
Even if it means trying again or not.
Good luck, none the less.