Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It's Officially Over  (Read 7310 times)

ccmckay

• View Profile
    • Email

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: It's Officially Over
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 02:38:17 PM »
 :(
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

laestrella

• MSN Messenger - laestrella26@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - laestrella26
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 03:19:25 PM »
:(
i don't know what words would matter right now because MY heart dropped when i saw your lsn profile and i don't even know u.  but i can't imagine how u must feel.   though i must tell you that everything happens for a reason.  maybe there is something better in store for you.  i know a few things about dissapointment but the most important thing is that you learn from it.  i wish u all the best luck, and hope that you won't let this prevent you from trying again. 
Attending: GW

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 03:23:32 PM »
sad as it is if you are real, i find it amazing that someones very first post ever on lsd would be starting thier own thread with a link to thier lsn screen name.  :-\

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 03:29:45 PM »
I don't think that you selected enough safeties. I don't think you selected any safeties. if you do want to study law, I would suggest retaking the LSAT, and use the lsac search to find a school that would accept numbers in your range. You may have to take a year off, but it can happen. i have seen people with worser numbers on LSN get accepted into the second tier. And no, they were not URMs. There is still hope if you plan better.

daisyb

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 03:33:48 PM »
I'm not surprised at ccmckay's first post--after all, who better but all of us to have some tiny inkling of how he's feeling, versus someone who has not been going through this process.  I'm really sorry  :(

ESDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 04:01:03 PM »
Keep your head up!!!

I applied to 10 schools my first time around, and got 7 rejections and 3 WL/rejections.  I applied two years later (right now) after re-taking the LSAT and got 4 acceptances (Two t14's, 4 t20's) 3 wait-lists and 3 rejections.  It is just a process, so keep your head up!

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 04:03:05 PM »
Things truly do happen for a reason.  Don't give up if this is what you want.  Its not even too late for some schools for this fall.  I'm still getting e:mails from UDayton, Roger Williams, etc.  Check and see who's still accepting if you really have your heart set on this fall.  BEST OF LUCK!!!

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 04:16:02 PM »
I am so sorry to see this.  I didn't really apply to any "safeties" either and was worried about this happening. 

Make sure that you do some self care this week and go do some stuff you love; sports, entertainment, music, food, whatever.

You can worry about what to do later - later.

COASTAL

• Can't stand work anymore, must get out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 05:46:53 PM »
Good luck to whatever you want to do.
Even if it means trying again or not.
Good luck, none the less.
Postal, will go Coastal, due to slow Postal from law schools!!!!!! $#@%!*$)#