Law School Discussion

Only 1 acceptance so far, what are you going to do?

Only 1 acceptance so far, what are you going to do?
« on: April 27, 2005, 11:29:13 AM »
I have only been accepted into one school so far.  Still have 3 pending.  For all of you in a similar situation are you securing your seat with that one school?  Are you gambling hoping to get into a better school?  Are you thinking about reapplying next term to get into the school you want with better scores?

Me I secured my seat, no time to waste.  Comments?? Thoughts??

Re: Only 1 acceptance so far, what are you going to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 11:42:14 AM »
i just got back from the post office -- sent off the deposit to my only acceptance. i'm on the waitlists of my top two schools, and will be sending letters of continued interest, addtl LORs, etc -- anything i can think of to help my chances of getting off the waitlist!

Abevigoda

• You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 11:51:46 AM »
Send the seat deposit and pray for the rest to come through

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 12:51:33 PM »
I am in at DePaul, but waiting on 6. I sent in the first half of my deposit and am waiting to see how the rest end up.
Deferring has seriously crossed my mind, given that next year could be a banner year at my office. Can you defer and then apply to other schools the next cycle while holding onto you acceptance?

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 01:16:13 PM »
Some schools will allow you to do it.  I am really considering sending in my deposit and then deferring for a year as well.  I'll give the LSAT another shot, enjoy a year of relaxing without the stress of school, and hopefully get in somewhere better.

If not, then at least I've secured my spot.