Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Houston Roll Call  (Read 14535 times)

cmbake31

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Houston Roll Call
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2005, 09:55:33 PM »
Section B for me as well.  You guys don't have a lot to worry about with the handwriting thing for Mixon.  Trust me, there can't possibly be anyone with writing any worse than mine.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2005, 10:13:10 PM »
Just got back from a little four day vacation in DC.  What a great way to get revved up for law school.

Also, just found out that I am in Section B.  Look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

I'm jealous! How was DC?

where2g0

« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2005, 10:47:29 AM »
Just got back from a little four day vacation in DC.  What a great way to get revved up for law school.

Also, just found out that I am in Section B.  Look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

I'm jealous! How was DC?

It was awesome!!  I had not been there before.  The history is just incredible.  Three days was not quite enough to get it all in though. 

zya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2005, 02:21:27 PM »
I'm in Section A.  Procedure with Crump. Torts with Flatt. K's with Zamora. LARC with Tabor. 

Anyone else? It seems like most on this board in B.

I am the same as you accept for LARC. I have Rachlin.

Section A here too! Morris for LARC tho.

12 pages.. wow. Nice to see UHL Students are getting acquainted.

cc40988

« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2005, 02:48:07 PM »
Section A.

Saturday mixer sounds fun, but I might be out of town.  Officially left my job yesterday so for the next 3 weeks I'm a leaf in the wind.

CajunDynamo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2005, 04:39:19 PM »
One of the Girls on the Admitted Student Discussion Board is hosting a mixer on Saturday, August 6th at 6:30pm in Midtown. I think I'm going. Anyone else?

Yea, I'd be interested in going.  Can we bring along significant others?  Where's it going to be held at?

Thx!

CD

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2005, 05:27:40 PM »
One of the Girls on the Admitted Student Discussion Board is hosting a mixer on Saturday, August 6th at 6:30pm in Midtown. I think I'm going. Anyone else?

Yea, I'd be interested in going.  Can we bring along significant others?  Where's it going to be held at?

Thx!

CD

Cool. I'm going to try to drag the hubby along as well. On the UH Admitted Students board she says everyone's invited, just RSVP so she knows how much stuff to make/provide.

Here's the info:
Yes, it is still on. And the address is below. It will start at
6:30pm. Let me know what you are bringing.

Maria Carminati, B.A., B.A.
(Giugi)
Activist/ Feminist
1620 Drew Street
Houston, TX 77004
Ph: 281.685.7762
Fax: 713.658.1993

johncam81

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2005, 02:39:16 PM »
Hi,

I'll be sending an e-mail out to those of you who are attending UH when you actually get your campus e-mails set up, but until then...

I'm John, and I'll be the Civ Pro tutor/TA/go to person for Crump's class.  I believe that would be those who are in section A.  (I was a section C'er myself)  I remembered that I used this board when I was a pre-1L and found it pretty useful, so I'm posting this for those of you who are scared enough to read all the rumors on here.

Anyway, I’ll verify a few of the rumors:

Yes, Mixon does not allow computers in the classroom.  I too am a fast typist, but it makes no difference, no computers.  It sounds worse than it actually is.  I enjoyed a break from the laptop, and Mixon is such a great guy and professor that you won’t care either.  He has a party at the end of the year at his home which he designed with his wife.  It has been featured in several magazines and his house is pretty well known in the architectural biz.  (I had Mixon for Property)

Crump – allows computers as most profs do.  When you arrive on the first day there will be a seating chart which will be arranged in alphabetical order.  (Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, but again…not as bad as it sounds)  He does have a party at the end of the semester at his home in Belaire.  Make sure you read your first day assignments before you get there on Monday because class begins running.  (this is the case for most law school classes… gone are the days of a full class explaining the syllabus to allow for add/drop)  Someone… possibly several of you will be called on… typical Socratic method… this is the case for most of the 1st year classes at UH. 

As far as textbooks, yeah… you’ll need them before class because first day assignments are not just a cruel joke.  Go to the UH Law page for students and you should find a link to the first day assignments.

I had Joyce for Torts and Jenkins for Contracts (who is no longer at UH) and Brem for LARC (who is no longer at UH)  If you have any questions in general, feel free to e-mail me at jkgranth@central.uh.edu

Good luck and see you Section A’ers in Civil Procedure. 

- John

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2005, 10:39:16 AM »
Okay, this is the last time I'll pimp the O-Week BBQ at my place on 8/17. If you're interested, PM me.