Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Houston Roll Call  (Read 14070 times)

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Houston Roll Call
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2005, 06:17:22 PM »
My laptop came in over the weekend. I'm just now getting into it.  I've always used a desktop, so I'm trying to get used to the keypad instead of an external mouse.  I think I'm gonna go to Best Buy (or some tech-type similar store) and buy an external wireless mouse.

I have a question: Everything on the screen is really small.  Could be b/c I'm used to looking 21+in monitors, but isn't there a way I can make things look larger on my laptop monitor? Advice is appreciated.

CajunDynamo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2005, 07:32:51 PM »
My laptop came in over the weekend. I'm just now getting into it.  I've always used a desktop, so I'm trying to get used to the keypad instead of an external mouse.  I think I'm gonna go to Best Buy (or some tech-type similar store) and buy an external wireless mouse.

I have a question: Everything on the screen is really small.  Could be b/c I'm used to looking 21+in monitors, but isn't there a way I can make things look larger on my laptop monitor? Advice is appreciated.

Hi,

You can try three things:

1.  Go to Start, Control Panels, Display, Appearance tab - you can change just the font size here; NO reboot req'd

2.  Go to Start, Control Panels, Display, Settings tab, Advanced button, General tab, change DPI settings; you WILL have to reboot if you do this

3.  On whatever screen you're on, click anywhere on the screen, hold down your keyboard CTRL key, and then use your mouse wheel to either incr or decr;  this is, obviously, just a temporary 'quick fix'

On a totally unrelated topic, I'm sorry I missed the BBQ.  I wuz out of town and didn't even think to check my LSD email.  Oh well.  There's always .50c chicken legs at Buffalo Wild Wings if anyone is ever interested  ;D

CD

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2005, 09:43:18 PM »
Cajun- Hah! I love buffalo wild wings! My husband and I just went by there, b/c tonight is .25 wing night; but, unfortunately, the midtown, location was packed so we stopped by Spec's (conveinantly sp?? located next door) and came back home.  Anyway- I'm up for Buffalo wild wings anytime!  Maybe we could make BWW our designated post-studying law school hangout.

Thanks for the advice with the laptop, I'll try them out.

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2005, 09:01:56 PM »
Just arrived in H-Town. If you pulled up your schedule in Enrollment Online, you may be able to see yours. I could mine. It looks like I am in Section A with Flatt for Torts and Rachlin for Legal Anaylis.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

tacc731

« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2005, 01:55:26 AM »
Just arrived in H-Town. If you pulled up your schedule in Enrollment Online, you may be able to see yours. I could mine. It looks like I am in Section A with Flatt for Torts and Rachlin for Legal Anaylis.

Thanks for the heads up...I'm in Section A (Duncan for torts & TBA for LARC)

tacc731

« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2005, 01:42:51 PM »
htrus, I just read this about Crump, our civ pro professor:

"Unless he decides otherwise, Crump has a party at his house early on in the 1st semester. You should go, itís a good way to get to know your new section mates and the keg is on Crump."

Nice.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2005, 02:26:59 PM »
Whoa! How do you get to enrollment online? I wanna know what section I'm in!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I'm in Section B. . . I have Sanders for Torts, Mixon for Contracts, Ragazzo for Procedure and TBA for LARC. Mixon doesn't allow computers in his classroom. . . great.  :'(

CajunDynamo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2005, 04:39:40 PM »

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I'm in Section B. . . I have Sanders for Torts, Mixon for Contracts, Ragazzo for Procedure and TBA for LARC. Mixon doesn't allow computers in his classroom. . . great.  :'(

Hey Scurvy,

Looks like we're in the same section, cuz I'm showing we have the same profs, but how do you know if that's A or B?  My enrollment services online schedule just lists sections, but doesn't indicate anything about A or B.

I have to admit, the schedule is pretty good.  Mondays are long, but Thurs & Fri end before noon!  No complaints about that.

Also, where are you seeing that Mixon doesn't allow computers?  I have notes 44 & 48 next to his name, but neither reference anything about disallowing computers in them

CD

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2005, 04:51:02 PM »
htrus, I just read this about Crump, our civ pro professor:

"Unless he decides otherwise, Crump has a party at his house early on in the 1st semester. You should go, itís a good way to get to know your new section mates and the keg is on Crump."

Nice.

Sounds great.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

Cougar1L

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2005, 05:01:49 PM »

Hey Scurvy,

Looks like we're in the same section, cuz I'm showing we have the same profs, but how do you know if that's A or B?  My enrollment services online schedule just lists sections, but doesn't indicate anything about A or B.

I have to admit, the schedule is pretty good.  Mondays are long, but Thurs & Fri end before noon!  No complaints about that.

Also, where are you seeing that Mixon doesn't allow computers?  I have notes 44 & 48 next to his name, but neither reference anything about disallowing computers in them

CD

Hey guys, looks like I'm in section B as well. CD, the sections are listed on the UH Law website under the fall 2005 schedule. Here's the link: http://www.law.uh.edu/schedule/fall/fall.asp