Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Houston Roll Call  (Read 14497 times)

where2g0

Re: Houston Roll Call
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2005, 04:58:18 PM »
where2go- Are you speaking from experience?

Yes, my girlfriend lives in Midtown.  I will be moving down to that area as soon as I get my house in the suburbs sold. 

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2005, 05:03:05 PM »
Yippeee!  I live in midtown too, well sort of.  I never know how to classify the area I live in.  My place is on the corner of Studemont and Allen Parkway-- kinda midtown, kinda memorial, kinda montrose, and kinda heigths.

Anyway-- I posted a Houston Happy Hour on the off-topic board, ya'll should jump over there and we can plan ourselves a big get-to-know-eachother-drink fest!

princesssnadia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2005, 09:01:04 PM »
This might be a little off-topic, sorry, but were any of you considering SMU vs UH? I was admitted into UH PT which starts very soon, and I know I met people who were trying to decide between the 2 schools, and if someone could give me some insight on how they made their decision, I would appreciate it. Or even if you choose UH over higher ranked schools? Thanks in advance!! BTW the fact that everyone is so friendly on this thread, and the SMU thread gets little action makes me think I might prefer UH...  :)

where2g0

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2005, 09:53:07 PM »
This might be a little off-topic, sorry, but where any of you considering SMU vs UH? I was admitted into UH PT which starts very soon, and I know I met people who were trying to decide between the 2 schools, and if someone could give me some insight on how they made their decision, I would appreciate it. Or even if you choose UH over higher ranked schools? Thanks in advance!! BTW the fact that everyone is so friendly on this thread, and the SMU thread gets little action makes me think I might prefer UH...  :)

I was admitted early to SMU.  Great school, but I just couldn't afford to pay $30K per year tuition.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2005, 09:57:48 PM »
Hey guys, I'm still awaiting email addresses from some of you in the crew. Please PM me if you want to be "in the know".

I'll be commuting from the burbs in the Pearland area and will probably be taking Cullen all the way down or the toll roads. If anyone in my area is interested in carpooling, I'd be happy to be the driver.

cmbake31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2005, 01:50:02 AM »
I've talked to several people who live near the Galleria (several at Providence) who commute to UH and it was the consensus that the longest it takes them is 20-25 minutes.  I hope this is true or else I'm screwed for the early morning classes.

tacc731

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2005, 08:24:35 AM »
I've talked to several people who live near the Galleria (several at Providence) who commute to UH and it was the consensus that the longest it takes them is 20-25 minutes.  I hope this is true or else I'm screwed for the early morning classes.

I've made the drive a few times.  I stayed on Westheimer when visiting the school, and 20-25 minutes is pretty accurate.

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2005, 10:54:33 AM »
If you stay on Westheimer the entire time, you'll get the joy of driving through Montrose antiques area.  There is a highschool right on Westheimer, which is why I would think driving down that street during the morning-class-hours would be icky; but I'm not speaking from experience.  Everytime I get on that darn road something is going on, or the train is there, and the traffic is all crammed into one lane; so, I avoid it like the plague now-- I'm all about Memorial Drive and Allen Parkway, 4 lanes each side, no stop lights, and everyone else on the street is just as cranky as I am and only interested in getting where their going, quickly.

But hey, I value sleep more than anything, so I'm always forced to find the quickest routes.

tacc731

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2005, 10:57:29 AM »
Traci, I'm going to be staying in the medical center district.  I'll probably be in Brompton or Providence on Kirby.  Any word on the area and those apts?

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2005, 11:05:17 AM »
tacc- I'm not sure exactly where you're talking about, what are the cross streets? I love Kirby!  what an awesome easy to get down street that connects to everything-- except it doesn't run throgh the med center area, so i guess that's why i'm confused about your locations...