Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Houston Roll Call  (Read 14382 times)

cmbake31

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Houston Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 01:29:34 AM »
I'll be attending UH in the fall.  I'm moving from the big metropolis of College Station after I graduate in ONE week....woohoo

Welcome to the crew! Tell us more about yourself.

I'd say welcome to Houston but I'm not there yet either!

Well my name is Casey and I'm originally from the Beaumont area.  I'm 23 and will be entering the full time program.  I will graduate in one week from Texas A&M with a degree in Accounting.  I'm really looking forward to just taking it as easy as possible this summer, although I am cautiously excited about the fall.

cc40988

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2005, 09:42:13 AM »
Hello all!  I'm Clayton and I'm originally from the San Antonio area (for those who know, Boerne/Fair Oaks).  I graduated from Southwest Texas in Dec. '01 with a BBA (Accounting & CIS).  I now work in Houston for ExxonMobil and will be taking a 3 year leave of absence to attend the full-time program... assuming ExxonMobil will grant it, but I do expect them to honor my request.  I currently live near the Galleria, but I'll be moving closer to campus late June -- probably to the Medical Center.  I expect my last day of work to be sometime during the first week of August.  From that time to August 22 I plan on lots of RR to avoid the work to law school burnout syndrome.  I expect the 3 weeks to give me time to regroup/focus/prepare for my next chapter.  Oh yeah, and I look forward to leaving my paycheck for big debt!!!  ;)

Lastly.... I turned 26 in March.

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2005, 10:45:22 AM »
Welcome aboard Clayton, I will be foregoing my paycheck as well for big debt, you are not alone.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

The Truth

• Sr. Citizen
  • Running the Race Figuratively (MS pic sample)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2005, 10:48:38 AM »
One time for H-town!

I just had to say that for my hometown. Be a good Houstonian! LOL

And Win Game 7 Rockets so I can call my wife's family in Dallas and tell them they are still 2nd best  ;D, although we may move there when I begin to practice over houston if we head back to Texas, who knows

anyways, I'll stop hijacking the thread
The One, The Only, The Truth...
Attending: PENN$$$
W/D after Acc.(had next, LOL): NYU$$$,CLS$,CHI$$,GTown$$$,Duke$$,TX$$,NU(loans),Cornell?
WL'ed & then W/D: HLS(after hold), SLS
Rej: NONE
The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but The Truth
Don't Hate Me, Because You Ain't Me (J/K, LOL)

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2005, 08:49:47 PM »
Just found out that my house will be complete sooner so my closing date has been moved up to June 16th! :) I'm so excited. This means I may get to Houston even earlier.

Traci, any interest in house-sitting/checking for me if I can't make it out before July 9?

Welcome to the club Clayton and Casey!

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2005, 11:04:29 AM »
Scurvy- I'm glad to house sit or anything you need, let me know.  I'll send you an email now to discuss.  I'm super excited your house in going to be ready even sooner than expected!! Yeah, now we can have pre-law parties even sooner.

When does everyone else expect to be in Houston?  I live here now, so I'm game to meet up with anyone who's interested.

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2005, 11:15:16 AM »
I will move from Dallas around August 1st, and looking forward to meeting everybody.

btw-was trying to go to the due diligence of choosing a lender for my stafford loans, and keep seeing a guarantee fee of up to 1% seems like the amount might vary with each lender, does anybody know anything more about that fee?
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

tacc731

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2005, 12:57:48 PM »
Hey guys.  My name is Jeremy.  I've "met" most of you before on here, but I was just checking in to say that I will be attending Houston full-time in the fall.  From the descriptions I can recall who Scurvy, htrus, and Traci were.  I was in the back right corner.  In any event, I'll be moving to Houston towards the end of June so if any parties are thrown be sure to let us know on here. 

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2005, 10:19:50 PM »
Hey guys.  My name is Jeremy.  I've "met" most of you before on here, but I was just checking in to say that I will be attending Houston full-time in the fall.  From the descriptions I can recall who Scurvy, htrus, and Traci were.  I was in the back right corner.  In any event, I'll be moving to Houston towards the end of June so if any parties are thrown be sure to let us know on here. 

I'll keep y'all posted. We should probably start a little email group. If you send me your email in a PM, I will collect them and do the first mass email to say hello.

I'll probably have several parties throughout the year. First one will probably be in July when we get settled and then again after classes start.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2005, 11:36:20 PM »
Welcome to Houston :)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...